Beaumont United Vs PN-G

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Last night the formations and flows looked like PNG Katy and LH had a baby
I love the motion right before the snap
(Technically I believe it’s illegal but no one calls it) and it’s illegal for a reason
It creates an advantage for the offense

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It's great to see it in 2023. Coach Joseph and crew know that establishing the running game is important and with the big earth movers up front, it will continue to happen this season.

The '99 team was also almost a 50/50 balanced attack.

Faircloth teams were also more balanced than a lot of fans may remember. Those big yardage passing teams often had a 100+ yard per game running back to go with it. Cropper, Halfin, Bertrand, Harmon, Trahan and of course Roschon Johnson as the ultimate dual threat QB in PN-G history.

A great passing or running team can sometimes overwhelm teams in district play, particularly if they have a good defense. However, few teams can get very far in the playoffs without both a good defense and a fairly balanced offense. The deeper you get in the playoffs the more important those factors become. Coach Joseph clearly has the correct philosophy for long term success.

Mejabo

They were wondering the record for the most times Cherokee was played
I guess you could look at scores and first downs and get an idea
But I’m sure that’s never been kept as a tally
The record may be in the 90s when we played WO-S. Hooks said something against Cherokee so the band played it continually the entire game. The sections split up so half the band would play Cherokee then the other half would pick up the next Cherokee. They also continued to play after the game as the news asked them to stop but they kept on playing through the interview.

bandkid

Staff member
The record may be in the 90s when we played WO-S. Hooks said something against Cherokee so the band played it continually the entire game. The sections split up so half the band would play Cherokee then the other half would pick up the next Cherokee. They also continued to play after the game as the news asked them to stop but they kept on playing through the interview.

A lot of those band members still proudly retell that story.

benchwarmer53

Broadcast crew was looking for highest number of points scored by a PN-G offense.

Time to make it easier finding scores on the web site. Look for a sortable view to be out there shortly, but in the meantime.

Indians scored 71 points against Nederland in the late 40s. They didn't play again until 1955 if my memory is correct.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
In 1954, PN-G rolled over Orange 91-13. Yikes. 91 points seems difficult to ring up even against a scout team.

In 2021, PN-G put 72 on Galena Park.

In 2017, PN-G scored 72 vs. Crosby. The Indians needed everyone of those 72 points to outscore Crosby's 69 points. RJ had over 500 yards of total offense, if I recall correctly. He threw several bombs to Preston Riggs and the other PN-G WRs.

In 1947, PN-G hung 71 points on Nederland. The Bulldogs failed to score.

In 2006, PN-G hammered Lumberton 69-7.

The new score spreadsheet | sortable table makes searching for all-time high schools easy. The Jeff Bergeron teams in the early seventies had no trouble rolling up big scores. They routinely scored 40+ points.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Looking back, a lot of great history and tradition in the various schools was abandoned with all the high school mergers. (Same with Port Arthur schools.)

I’m not a big fan of combining schools, but that’s pretty much what it took for Beaumont to field a winning program against PNG. Although the Beaumont South Park Greenies did win 14 out of 31 games.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Looking back, a lot of great history and tradition in the various schools was abandoned with all the high school mergers. (Same with Port Arthur schools.)

I’m not a big fan of combining schools, but that’s pretty much what it took for Beaumont to field a winning program against PNG. Although the Beaumont South Park Greenies did win 14 out of 31 games.
South Park had some great teams.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores