Big discussion on moving MCM to LAmar for the extra seating in the future on

NDN06

100+ Posts
You have to ask yourself this question-- How many people pushing for a venue change actually support the football teams, bands, and drill teams for the other 9 games? And how many people just want a ticket because of all the hype around THIS game?

I think it's absolutely insane to entertain the idea of moving MID-COUNTY madness out of mid-county. :crazy: You want a ticket to the game every year? Get season tickets. It's that simple.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is nothing but a distraction.

You can bet your $$$ that some of the people pushing this, not all, have other interests in mind.

Moving this game from the traditional home atmosphere of these two teams would take away a lot of the magic that makes the game what it is.
For all the talk about 'tradition', stop and think what that actually means in this regard. And yeah, until NISD can upgrade their stadium the experience at PN-G stadium is better of the two, but that's no reason to move the game.

Whoever mentioned the Cotton Bowl game as a similar example was spot on.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
“It took until the fourth round of the playoffs at Reliant Stadium to feel an atmosphere like we felt earlier in the year at PN-G. That is amazing.” — Nederland Head Coach Larry Neumann

And PN-G fans can say the same about non-playoff games at Bulldog Stadium when not at home.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
This is exactly why Nederland and PNG coaches have fought to keep this game from being commercialized.

The 2 school districts should be the only ones making a profit from this game. The visitor side is never full or even partially full, so to the BAC who profits from the concession, this is huge.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:

You can bet your $$$ that some of the people pushing this, not all, have other interests in mind.

Moving this game from the traditional home atmosphere of these two teams would take away a lot of the magic that makes the game what it is.
For all the talk about 'tradition', stop and think what that actually means in this regard. And yeah, until NISD can upgrade their stadium the experience at PN-G stadium is better of the two, but that's no reason to move the game.

I dunno. Texas and Oklahoma play on a neutral field. ;D

Fairlane

100+ Posts

I dunno. Texas and Oklahoma play on a neutral field... ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone knows that the Texas-Oklahoma game is at a neutral site as it has always been. The point is the Cotton Bowl game belongs at the Cotton Bowl, not Jerry Jones land. MCM belongs in mid county, not Beaumont.

PNG.fan

I don't think it should be moved! It would not have the same feel being at a Beaumont stadium! I like it being at Nederland and Port Neches fields!

2weeter

MOM2INDIANS said:
This is exactly why Nederland and PNG coaches have fought to keep this game from being commercialized.

The 2 school districts should be the only ones making a profit from this game. The visitor side is never full or even partially full, so to the BAC who profits from the concession, this is huge.

"commercialized"???? Did you happen to see the Classic Chevy cars ON THE TRACK and at the gates???? PNG season ticket holders, you who TRULY support your team, do you remember the line to the visitors bathroom at Nederland??? I tried waving my season ticket and no one moved out of line. How about parking, not much fun at either stadium. Been played in Mid County for 80 years.... some of those without face mask on the helmets, wanna go back to that too?? Instead of trying to hold on to what we have we should find ways to make it even better. With a multi year contract with Lamar I'm sure Nederland and PNG has the ability to work out their own concession profit/sharing plan. Seems to me the potential for a bigger game is within reach.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
2weeter said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

"commercialized"???? Did you happen to see the Classic Chevy cars ON THE TRACK and at the gates???? PNG season ticket holders, you who TRULY support your team, do you remember the line to the visitors bathroom at Nederland??? I tried waving my season ticket and no one moved out of line. How about parking, not much fun at either stadium. Been played in Mid County for 80 years.... some of those without face mask on the helmets, wanna go back to that too?? Instead of trying to hold on to what we have we should find ways to make it even better. With a multi year contract with Lamar I'm sure Nederland and PNG has the ability to work out their own concession profit/sharing plan. Seems to me the potential for a bigger game is within reach.

I am a PNG season ticket holder. I was at the gate at 4:00 the day of the game, to trade my seats for general admission to sit by the band. Do you think Lamar is going to give enough of the profits to the BAC to make up for getting the profits from the visitor side of concession at our stadium? Lamar would be in it for the money. MCM belongs in MC.

bark

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
2weeter said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

I am a PNG season ticket holder. I was at the gate at 4:00 the day of the game, to trade my seats for general admission to sit by the band. Do you think Lamar is going to give enough of the profits to the BAC to make up for getting the profits from the visitor side of concession at our stadium? Lamar would be in it for the money. MCM belongs in MC.
:woohoo: :band:
YES keep in under our control LU will charge for everything, I am thinking for 4,000 extra seats the cost for LUPD, BPD, set up, clean up PLUS the venue charge for 4,000x $5 for extra seats, I am not sure.

20,000 don't go far --- I dropped about that on a wedding not long ago. just saying.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
2weeter said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

"commercialized" ??? ? Did you happen to see the Classic Chevy cars ON THE TRACK and at the gates? ??? PNG season ticket holders, you who TRULY support your team, do you remember the line to the visitors bathroom at Nederland??? I tried waving my season ticket and no one moved out of line. How about parking, not much fun at either stadium. Been played in Mid County for 80 years.... some of those without face mask on the helmets, wanna go back to that too?? Instead of trying to hold on to what we have we should find ways to make it even better. With a multi year contract with Lamar I'm sure Nederland and PNG has the ability to work out their own concession profit/sharing plan. Seems to me the potential for a bigger game is within reach.

Leather helmets? No face masks? You're really reaching. And somehow those people parking their cars down the street manage to find their way into the stadiums.

It's already a great experience, moving the game to Lamar Stadium is not that appealing. This is high school football with all the allure of playing at home stadiums, within their own communities. Not to mention the benefits to local business.

Louisiana Indian

First off, I would like to make one statement. What a great problem to have? Here you have two facilities both over 10,000 seating and that is still not enough to hold the spirit of these two communities. Please do not move this Iconic rivalry to Beaumont. I am one of the many refugees from Oil Industry Collapse of the mid 1980s whose family was forced to relocate from Port Neches to Louisiana. I played four years of high school football and my senior class holds our school record for most varsity wins for any class in school history. I speak from experience when I say this, the worst thing about public education in Louisiana is the parish (counties) system of control. With the parish control system, dollars are spread so thin over a large area of territory which weakens school facilities and programming.

Trust me, the one thing that is special about PN-G and Nederland are the LOCAL support that each school receives. To even suggest to take something so special like MCM out of the local communities and bring it to Beaumont just so a few more fans can see the game is a vote toward moving to the county approach of school government. Please don't go there!

bandkid

Staff member
The financial issues inherent in this decision have already been raised, and those are excellent points. That said, legitimate though they are, they pale in comparison to one thing.

It's not Mid-County Madness if it's not in Mid-County. It's as simple as that.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
PN-G bamatex said:
The financial issues inherent in this decision have already been raised, and those are excellent points. That said, legitimate though they are, they pale in comparison to one thing.

It's not Mid-County Madness if it's not in Mid-County. It's as simple as that.

Agreed 1000% Besides if you have season tickets you get a seat.........

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores