Bob West Article On How Search Is Being Handled By LC-M And PN-G

NONS81

Throwing out insults to those who have been here for 40 yrs isn't a solution either. I welcome all opinions, but I think for those of us who have been this long, we still get a say and it should be taken with some consideration and not thrown back at us with insults. Can any of you make a point without an insult attached to it? Is it too difficult to say " I disagree with what you are saying and here is my point of view". I mean, is that so difficult?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Can you post anything positive without B**chin or complaining?

Believe it or not I recieved a private message yesterday from someone who stated he has applied for the AD position asking me several questions. He is aware of the traditions of PNG but had several concerns. So people do get on here and read.

NONS81

Justafan said:
I do blame the head coach and the school board, but not just the school board now I blame the school board 20 yrs ago before the "Robin Hood". Most of the schools and facilities should've been updated 20 yrs ago. What did they spend the money on then? PNE should've been torn down 30 yrs ago.

Some of those on the board 20 yrs ago are on the board now!!! PNE was not that old a building 30 yrs ago. I would venture to say that maintenance is the key to several buildings - Heck the High School should have been torn this go around - but we do have a new stadium, that is what is important.

Smurf

Xcrystalbeachbum said:
Justafan said:
Xcrystalbeachbum said:
"Sometimes the uneducated voice of public opinion bites itself in the ass fighting against the very people trying to preserve it."

So wrong on so many different levels, I sure hope you are not a PNG High School graduate............too funny.

See what I mean, if you didn't graduate from PNG you have no right to comment on anything. That is the belief of so many, and that is whats wrong with our district today.......The good ole boy system, who ya know and who ya went to school with. That is why this district is 20 yrs behind the better programs because of beliefs and idiot comments like that.

Wow, Justafan-talk about jumping to conclusions. I never said that smurf did not have a right to voice an opinion, I just hope he/she is not representive of the graduates coming out of PNG. The reason I said this is because the last sentence makes absolutely no sense to me at all, just like the rest of his/her comments.
And if you think "That is why this district is 20 yrs behind the better programs because of beliefs and idiot comments like that", I think you need to look no further than the head coach and school board of trustees.
Regardless of the outcome on the FOI request, I think most want the best coach we can get. PNG is in my blood till the day I die.

Let me be blunt...obviously a coach or coaches (that's more than one coach) requested not to be revealed to the media. Well if one asks you, you have to hold the entire application list confidential. Now...put two and two together. If we get a couple of high powered/high profile coaches that requested confidentiality or they will not apply, what do you think the school board is going to do? As my 4, 7, 13 and 15 year olds say...DUHHHH! You don't have to be a rocket scientist (actually, my dad is one) to read between the lines. The punch line to this whole thing is this: Never does a school board react this way because they feel like being asses. It's about protecting the identity of those that requested it. If you applied for a job and requested confidentiality from the employer, you would expect no less. Get a life and move on to another topic. The applicant’s names will be revealed soon enough. We need to focus on the excitement that we have applicants that are "high profile" enough that our school board feels the need to abide by their wishes. Am I the only one that is getting excited about this?

I guess I could be acting like the few "13 year olds" on this board that were kept out of the secret at the slumber party.

PS If you would have read my post thoroughly you would have caught the line "I moved here six years ago."

NONS81

Justafan said:

Believe it or not I recieved a private message yesterday from someone who stated he has applied for the AD position asking me several questions. He is aware of the traditions of PNG but had several concerns. So people do get on here and read.

Why does that matter - it obviously makes no difference what we say - it is out of our hands and the new AD will not have to deal with the public, with the exception of post on here from the football gurus that know more about football than the coaches.

NONS81

Justafan said:

By the way, thanks. That was a very sweet approach to what I just said.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Smurf said:
squaw said:
NDNPARENT said:
I like bob west article , it shows how our board and some of the ppl on the PNG communiity are toward evveryone else. makes us look stuck up and that we are better than everyone else, but in the meantime it is making us the laughing stock of the area and state! I for one do not like this attitude that our board is representiing us, we Indians are Humble , respected people that somewhere along the line has changes.

and bob made be right about the secret that our board members hold out cause of thier incapable of making a correct decision.
Hooray!!!! There are people with guts that are not afraid to say what is right! Trust me, lots of people in the community are saying the same thing. We all also question what is going on with the hiring "Process". Sure looks flawed to us.

Voicing an opinion against the School Board's decision has nothing to do with guts; It's an uninformed opinion on the matter...comparable to voting for a candidate without knowing the issues at hand. And before you go there, the issue at hand is not whether or not the school board should be following the FOIA, but whether requests by applicants for anonymity should be honored. I doubt very seriously the school board's decision has anything to do with hiding the candidates from the community. As for the surrounding area, I could care less what they think of our process. We need to do whatever it takes and whatever is requested of us by potential candidates to retain the most talented AD/HC possible. If it takes confidentiality...so be it. I have a feeling the candidates that we have may be a little more high profile than LCM, hence the silence.

Judging from your previous posts, you obviously have some personal vendetta against the school board or some of its members. Do us all a favor and take your opinions to another board. I have lived in this community for seven years and the only truly negative and hateful things I have heard regarding our school board are from your posts.

As for your "lots of people in the community are saying the same thing" comment, I'm not sure what part of Port Neches you live in, but the opinions are obviously much different than in my neighborhood community. I am starting to wonder what side of Hwy 73 you live on....

Sometimes the uneducated voice of public opinion bites itself in the ass fighting against the very people trying to preserve it.

Nope, you said 7............ lol

NONS81

"Do us all a favor and take your opinions to another board.'

Why don't you take your own advice, there smurf....you are abusive and boring....

This is the first time I have ever been pushed to this point, to actually be rude to someone on here. Let's all get over ourselves and dismiss with the abusiveness, there really is no reason for it. Differences of opinion are going to happen that is what makes life interesting, but not to the point of no return. And if you feel proud of yourself for attacking life long fans then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Smurf

Justafan said:
Smurf said:
squaw said:
NDNPARENT said:
I like bob west article , it shows how our board and some of the ppl on the PNG communiity are toward evveryone else. makes us look stuck up and that we are better than everyone else, but in the meantime it is making us the laughing stock of the area and state! I for one do not like this attitude that our board is representiing us, we Indians are Humble , respected people that somewhere along the line has changes.

and bob made be right about the secret that our board members hold out cause of thier incapable of making a correct decision.

Thanks for the correction. I had to ask my wife how long it's been! Seven years.
Hooray!!!! There are people with guts that are not afraid to say what is right! Trust me, lots of people in the community are saying the same thing. We all also question what is going on with the hiring "Process". Sure looks flawed to us.

Voicing an opinion against the School Board's decision has nothing to do with guts; It's an uninformed opinion on the matter...comparable to voting for a candidate without knowing the issues at hand. And before you go there, the issue at hand is not whether or not the school board should be following the FOIA, but whether requests by applicants for anonymity should be honored. I doubt very seriously the school board's decision has anything to do with hiding the candidates from the community. As for the surrounding area, I could care less what they think of our process. We need to do whatever it takes and whatever is requested of us by potential candidates to retain the most talented AD/HC possible. If it takes confidentiality...so be it. I have a feeling the candidates that we have may be a little more high profile than LCM, hence the silence.

Judging from your previous posts, you obviously have some personal vendetta against the school board or some of its members. Do us all a favor and take your opinions to another board. I have lived in this community for seven years and the only truly negative and hateful things I have heard regarding our school board are from your posts.

As for your "lots of people in the community are saying the same thing" comment, I'm not sure what part of Port Neches you live in, but the opinions are obviously much different than in my neighborhood community. I am starting to wonder what side of Hwy 73 you live on....

Sometimes the uneducated voice of public opinion bites itself in the ass fighting against the very people trying to preserve it.

Nope, you said 7............ lol

NONS81

What exactly is this supposed to mean and why would you say such a thing?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think he means that if the school board is doing it's best to comply with the wishes of a top coach, and the push to reveal an applicant causes that coach to withdraw his name, you have essentially lost. It happens. And coaches appreciate the privacy.

The school board has explained the circumstances and reasoning, which is not uncommon when searching for a new coach, yet the worst is assumed with no basis for reason. It seems that there are some folks buying into the frenzy that the media likes to stir in their efforts to 'protect your freedom' (get the first scoop on the story to raise their ratings).

NONS81

IndianFan said:
I think he means that if the school board is doing it's best to comply with the wishes of a top coach, and the push to reveal an applicant causes that coach to withdraw his name, you have essentially lost. It happens. And coaches appreciate the privacy.

The school board has explained the circumstances and reasoning, which is not uncommon when searching for a new coach, yet the worst is assumed with no basis for reason. It seems that there are some folks buying into the frenzy that the media likes to stir in their efforts to 'protect your freedom' (get the first scoop on the story to raise their ratings).

Personally, I don't care who is on the list. But once the FOI was requested, it was futile to go to the AG when dealing with anything with the word Freedom in it...If such promises were made to a certain coaching applicant, then I feel that it was a promise that could not be kept and they knew it. This is strictly my opinion. I guess they should be commended for their efforts in trying to keep a promise, promises should only be made when you are in total control of the situation, not any other time.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The school board is not stupid, and they know the rules better than most on THIS board, so, I'm confident that they made no "promises" that they knew they couldn't keep. At best I presume they "promised" to keep the list confidential as long as possible.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
The AG can take as long as 45 days to tell them to release it or it could be 3 days, who knows. I've talked to different Coaches on this from different schools and sometimes the AG tells them within 5 days. We'll see if the AG waits that long or not.

NONS81

PNG Proud said:
The school board is not stupid, and they know the rules better than most on THIS board, so, I'm confident that they made no "promises" that they knew they couldn't keep. At best I presume they "promised" to keep the list confidential as long as possible.

I guess that makes better sense. But I didn't say they were stupid. I just didn't think "out of the box". It was just suggested in another post that the reason for the confidentiality, was that they "promised" certain candidates that they would keep it under wraps. I don't know if you meant to jump down my throat, but that was the way it sounded.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores