booster club meeting

pngfan66

500+ Posts
As with any organization members often meet and chat as friends and at times the topic will change. I'm sure if the board members get together: IE: at the games or at each others houses they will talk about the Booster Club and what they would like to see happen. I wouldn't put any weight or measure into a supposed secret meeting. I think we should all appreciate all the hard work and all the valuable time that the Board puts into the Booster Club. They are dedicated to helping out the students in all sports. Put it in perspective. Look at what they have worked on, getting Chick fil A, pizza inn, BBQ etc for the games. These efforts cannot just be done in a once a week meeting. They are making things happen. They report at the meetings what they are working on or what they have done. Take the time to thank them for their hard work and support. They may be helping someone you know who goes to the school !

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I was not invited to any so-called meeting, but still chose to become involved to help our students and the community. We need the players families, along with long-time fans like us, to take part and work one game. It doesn't have to be a football game if your son/daughter is involved; it can be the track meet, the JV games, etc. It is also fun and you meet some of the nicest people in the community. I don't know when the next meeting is, but lets ALL attend the booster club meetings and take part.

ndndad

There will be a booster club football meeting this Monday with coach Faircloth. This is open to everyone. It would be great to fill up the room and show r support.Those who have not attended one of these are in for a treat. Coach Faircloth goes over the previous game and the video highlights. You get an inside look at PNG Football. Coach goes over the plays and why he uses them. Recommend everyone attending at least the first one. You will want to go to the next one I assure you.

Oldindian69, I have not heard of any "secret meetings". I know there have been meetings to figure out how to get and manage the concessions. I don't think it was secret, just a group trying to improve on ways to earn money for the athletic programs. In My Humble Opinion, I agree with pngfan69 and Squaw. The Booster club is and should be about a community banding together to help all of the kids in athletics and activities to be the best they can be. Anything other than that is detrimental to what the booster club should be. I am not a board member, just a dad trying to do my part. My wife and I have taken on managing the concession stand for all of the activities at the stadium. The booster club, student activities and band action committee will be involved and share in the profits. Which is the way it should be. Everyone helping-everyone benefitting. I want to invite everyone to the booster club meetings and to join. It is going to take a group effort from the whole community(booster club member or not) to make the concessions work for the benefit of all you kids and grandkids. Let's face it, the booster club is only as good as the members that are in it. We have a great opportunity to help our kids get the things they might not get otherwise. We will need five adults at each varsity game and at least three on the other games. Please sign up and help so your kids can benefit. If you are varsity parent or grandparent-help out on a freshman or jv event. If you are a freshman or jv parent or grandparent help out on one of the other events. You can contact me at the numbers below to volunteer. Again in my opinion this is not about booster club or not. It is about a community getting together and helping each other and each others kids.

Thanks

Chris Meaux
Cmeaux1@gt.rr.com
409-679-0222

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My wife and I signed up at the Football meeting last week. We will be working during a freshman game. I figured we help those who play on Thursday nights, someone will help us for Friday nights so we can watch our son. All it involves is about 1 1/2 -2 hours. All of this helps out the students and athlete's at PNG. Shouldn't be a problem when making the decision. Its for the kids !

ndndad

Absolutely, pngfan66 ! Thanks for signing up to help out. If we could get everyone that has a son or daughter or grandchild to help out on one game. There would be enough people where you only have to work one game. And I could not have said it better myself. We have to keep it in perspective. This is and should only be to help the kids of our community.

Thank you to all of those that help at the scrimmage and have already signed up for future events. Please encourage your friends and neighbors to participate as well. After all it is for a good cause.

By the way, I have talked to a number of friends from other schools. Our booster club is the envy of all. But then again jealousy is such an ugly thing :ha:

ndndad

One other thing, someone just pointed out that I had not mentioned parents other than high school. We will welcome anyone who is willing to come and help out for any event. If you are a booster club member or not you are invited to participate and help out. This is a great opportunity for all of the programs if we band together and make it work. I will do my part and I am sure others will too. Pass the word !!

ndndad

I will find out first thing this morning and post it on here. I think it is at 6:00 at the field house. But it could be 6:30. Let me find out for sure.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok thanks, with most elementary schools having meet the teacher this evening I thought it may affect the time of the meeting.

ndndad

Talked to Amanda, and it looks like it will be at the field house at 6:30. She is going to talk to coach to make sure.

bark

1,000+ Posts
oldindian69 said:
Heard rumblings of a "SECRET MEETING" with some of the ELITE booster club members......What was that about?.....Any comments???????

No different than Little League Baseball Board, Youth football etc...

I have never understood why adults go power crazy when they get involved and are given a title and a hat?.

With that said the good still out wieghs the political BS - and the BS goes deep. IMO

lu cards

100+ Posts
there have been several board meetings because of the concessions and there has been a building commitee meeting but none were secret.any and all questions can be asked at the monthly club meetings and books are open for any to see.i think the pngabc is approaching the $100,000 mark that has been donated to png athletes.board members are listed on the pngabc site.if someone has an issue just ask one of the board members or better yet join and talk about it at the next club meeting.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Wow! What a meeting!!! It started with the new Pi.. :nono:...., then turned to plans und.... :nono:.... with at new wa.... :nono:... with three ........p :nono: ...... .... and wait till you see the new ba.. :nono:..s. Got input on concession sales for the scrimmage.....people signing up to cover freshman, JV and Varsity games. Got great insight on the signal cards we saw at the Memorial scrimmage. Wonderful story about Coach Faircloth and G.P.'s new coach. The story and pi.. :nono:...Bu.. :nono:.. with the PN-G .. :nono: All in all, makes you feel really good about our team. Thanks Coach Faircloth for all you let us in on at these meetings. If you have not been to a meeting.......your missing so much. Oh....Coach said to keep these meetings info..... hush.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
Wow! What a meeting!!! It started with the new Pi.. :nono:...., then turned to plans und.... :nono:.... with at new wa.... :nono:... with three ........p :nono: ...... .... and wait till you see the new ba.. :nono:..s. Got input on concession sales for the scrimmage.....people signing up to cover freshman, JV and Varsity games. Got great insight on the signal cards we saw at the Memorial scrimmage. Wonderful story about Coach Faircloth and G.P.'s new coach. The story and pi.. :nono:...Bu.. :nono:.. with the PN-G .. :nono: All in all, makes you feel really good about our team. Thanks Coach Faircloth for all you let us in on at these meetings. If you have not been to a meeting.......your missing so much. Oh....Coach said to keep these meetings info..... hush.

these Monday night meetings with Coach Faircloth are a perk for being a booster club member. For those parents of football players, it is well worth the 25 BC membership fee to watch the highlight reel, while Coach explains the plays. Nothing like it

bark

1,000+ Posts
lu cards said:
there have been several board meetings because of the concessions and there has been a building commitee meeting but none were secret.any and all questions can be asked at the monthly club meetings and books are open for any to see.i think the pngabc is approaching the $100,000 mark that has been donated to png athletes.board members are listed on the pngabc site.if someone has an issue just ask one of the board members or better yet join and talk about it at the next club meeting.

Sounds good! Are the Building Meetings etc.. posted on the web site for all to see so we can attend?

ndndad

bark said:
lu cards said:

Sounds good! Are the Building Meetings etc.. posted on the web site for all to see so we can attend?

Don't know if they are posted on the web site or not. But they call them the "Monday Morning Quarterback" meetings. They will be held during the season every monday night at 6:30pm. at the fieldhouse unless the crowd gets too big then it would move to the cafeteria.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
NDNband69 said:

these Monday night meetings with Coach Faircloth are a perk for being a booster club member. For those parents of football players, it is well worth the 25 BC membership fee to watch the highlight reel, while Coach explains the plays. Nothing like it
Now remember everyone has taken a secret oath to not disclose any information from the meetings. I would hate to have a few big guys in black suits or joggin suits show up at the door unannounced wanting to take someone for a ride in their big black Cadillac ! LOL !!! All kidding aside. Everyone needs to attend the meetings and enjoy what all Coach Faircloth has to share with the crowd ! Its fun and insightful and GREAT !!!
$25 dollars is all it takes right now to become a Booster Club member ! Its well worth the price. Everything that is done helps not only the High School athlete's but the Middle Schools as well !

bark

1,000+ Posts
The info on the signal cards should be confidential. Hopefully, all will adhere to the secret oath administered upon joining the Booster Club.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bark said:
The info on the signal cards should be confidential. Hopefully, all will adhere to the secret oath administered upon joining the Booster Club.
Yeah and if you don't and disclose the highly super top secret info, you could be swimming with the fishes ! LOL To funny ! I really like what Coach Faircloth is doing with the program. He just seems to make it better every year. I'm glad we have such and awesome coaching staff, one that cares for the players and their lives. PNGISD needs to make sure they do whatever they need to do too keep Coach Faircloth and all the coaches. Their leadership really shows in all the players. Thank you coaches for your hard work ! For helping all of us turn our boys into better men ! You lead by example as Christians and I for one appreciate it !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores