booster club meeting

bark

1,000+ Posts
Faircloth is certainly a fantastic coach and person. As his staff changes year to year -Kroecker, Segura, LeForte etc... he seems to fill in with folks just as capable.

Perhaps the biggest shoes to fill will be Segura who was there a long time and tutored all the great running backs of the last 10-15 years, literally.

I can't think of anyone from Burnett's Varsity staff left. This years players will be the last of the old regime - I guess they were 9th graders Matt's last year.

I agree we need to treat the staff right while they are here.

PurpleNDN

bark said:
Faircloth is certainly a fantastic coach and person. As his staff changes year to year -Kroecker, Segura, LeForte etc... he seems to fill in with folks just as capable.

Perhaps the biggest shoes to fill will be Segura who was there a long time and tutored all the great running backs of the last 10-15 years, literally.

I can't think of anyone from Burnett's Varsity staff left. This years players will be the last of the old regime - I guess they were 9th graders Matt's last year.

I agree we need to treat the staff right while they are here.

Arnaud is the only one I know of that is left on varsity

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
SO, how would a BC member that couldn't make the meeting due to meet the teacher and other pre 1st day of school preparations find out this top secret info? PM me if necessary and I can provide proof as to my status as an active member 8)! Inquiring minds want to know!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I am a true convert for the Booster Club. I got a whole new opinion of the organization last night. Brandon is a fine coach and a great teacher. He even taught me some things last night. I am so psyched up this season. I told him when he was hired that all I want is at least one more state championship before I die and I knows its coming soon. Only those of us who lived through the glory years understand this, but when we win again you will. We need people to become involved and help our organization raise money for our student athletes. I have already been involved and will work this Thursday at 4:30. If you want to come and sign up for your time, you will be more than welcome to help.

ndndad

squaw said:
I am a true convert for the Booster Club. I got a whole new opinion of the organization last night. Brandon is a fine coach and a great teacher. He even taught me some things last night. I am so psyched up this season. I told him when he was hired that all I want is at least one more state championship before I die and I knows its coming soon. Only those of us who lived through the glory years understand this, but when we win again you will. We need people to become involved and help our organization raise money for our student athletes. I have already been involved and will work this Thursday at 4:30. If you want to come and sign up for your time, you will be more than welcome to help.

Squaw, first of all thank you for volunteering your time to help all of the kids. I have said this a couple of times and I will say it again. The concessions are a great opportunity to help all of the kids of PNG. This is a unique town that comes together when the need arises. There have been several people step up to the plate to volunteer. The only problem I have is getting the word out to everyone. I have the sign up sheet. I need a way for people to see it. I have emailed it to several people hoping it gets circulated. Any ideas on how to get the word out would be appreciated. For now, my email address is below and anyone can get me there. I can send them a copy of the schedule and list of names on people who have volunteered for each game. They can see where the needs are and volunteer where they can.

P.S. NDNmom91, Come to the next "Monday Morning Quarterback" meeting. That is where all the "Super Secret" stuff happens. :rocks: This is one of the perks of being a Booster Club Member. But for those who want to come see what it is like, I am sure everyone is welcome to come see and then make the decision if you want to join or not. Once you have had the opportunity to sit in, I think you will want to join. I think I can speak for all the members and say "come see and join us"

Thanks

Chris Meaux
cmeaux1@gt.rr.com

Torino

500+ Posts
squaw said:

Funny, but that's not what what you were saying 2 years ago when rounding up votes to defeat 2 school board members and the widow of a third who hired Coach Faircloth. Back then, it was "Poor Matt" and criticism of the new kid AD who was bringing in all of these new coaches and firing Matt's coaches (although I think every one of Burnett's coaches was offered a job...).

ndndad

Want to say thank you this morning for all of those that volunteered to help at the concession stand last night. We did not know there was going to be a game at the stadium until Monday night at the "Monday Morning Quarterback" meeting. Almost immediately, several parents and grandparents stood up and volunteered to help. This is what the Port Neches community does. This is not about the Booster Club, Band Action committee, Student Activities groups individually. This is about the families that represent all of the aforementioned groups working together and creating a great opportunity for everyone of the kids to benefit. It was a true pleasure watching it come together. I would like to thank the student activities group and their sponsor for the help and enthusiasm. This group of young men who represent PNG did an outstanding job last night. You should be proud :clap: :clap:

If you have not signed up to volunteer yet. There is plenty of spots left to help out on. There was several parents that volunteered last night by coming to the concession stand last night a putting there name on the sheet. One of them that I know of has a child in elemetary school but wanted to help. This is what it is about. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and keep it up...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Maybe Torino could come and finally get over the election that kept in place those who were doing a good job and got rid of those who weren't. If he'd come see the results, he would have to be happy to see the entire community working together as it should. I am sorry, torino, that someone in your life hurt you so badly. Get over it and come join us.

Torino

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Maybe Torino could come and finally get over the election that kept in place those who were doing a good job and got rid of those who weren't. If he'd come see the results, he would have to be happy to see the entire community working together as it should. I am sorry, torino, that someone in your life hurt you so badly. Get over it and come join us.

But, I notice that you did not deny that this was your position in 2009.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I am not ashamed to say I love the Burnett family. They are great people who served their community and school district well. However, a change was due and now I'm going to support the school and the coaches that are in place now. Frankly, I am impressed with Brandon Faircloth and respect him and what he's building here. As for the school board, they are working together and I also support them. Maybe if you knew me personally, you would realize just how much I love this community and its schools. Once a teacher, always a teacher. I always try to support children in whatever they chose to do. Why don't you come work with me at the concession stand some night? We probably have more in common that you think.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
After that performance by our Indians against G.P., the booster club meeting Monday at 6:30 should be exciting!!! You know Faircloth will have some stories to tell.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
After that performance by our Indians against G.P., the booster club meeting Monday at 6:30 should be exciting!!! You know Faircloth will have some stories to tell.

Some won't be there until 6:30 as the high school open house is tonight.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Great as usual! All I can say is...BRANDON FAIRCLOTH FOR PRESIDENT!!! With what I'm seeing I will be really surprised if PNG doesn't have another State Championship appearance very soon! Having 3 years under his system is really starting to payoff! Of course he was really pleased with the outcome of the GP game! What's really impressive is Freshman, JV, and Varsity all had SHUTOUTS last week! ZERO points were scored against any of our teams! As far as Crosby, he says they have some speed and will be a good test for our defense but they turned the ball over 5 times in their loss to Montgomery, so as long as the team stays focused and doesn't get over confident, we should be fine!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
First one that I have made, All I can say is AWESOME ! If you are a fan of PNG football, you are missing out,you need to join the BC and go to these meetings !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores