Booster Club Membership Drive

NDNband69

500+ Posts
From the PNGABC website.

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

July 9th - 6:00PM

PNG Athletic Booster Club Meeting/ Membership Drive

Details : Club Meeting / Membership Drive

(Please bring interested guest to find out what we are all about and give them an opportunity to join.)

I'm worried that this info is not getting out in time.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNband69 said:
From the PNGABC website.

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

July 9th - 6:00PM

PNG Athletic Booster Club Meeting/ Membership Drive

Details : Club Meeting / Membership Drive

(Please bring interested guest to find out what we are all about and give them an opportunity to join.)

I'm worried that this info is not getting out in time.

This info did NOT get out in time. That's why there were only a handful of people that attended, and I only knew because my wife happened to visit the PNGISD website, and it was posted there. So, she called me during the day to inform me about it. Otherwise, I ( a member) would have received no notice. THAT part is kind of frustrating, but, the board does have things in place to inform everyone in the future.

Heads Up! There's going to be a fund raiser/golf tournament in August. So, all you golfers, get out there and sweat your butt off, and get ready!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A notice on a web page will likely never attract much attention or notice. The percentage of PNG citizens/fans that frequent web pages is really low. I know from 9 years experience with this web site.)

They need to find alternative means to spread the word. Bulk mail, notices in public places, newspapers, etc. Does the MidCounty Chronicle still exist?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan, You are correct, in that web page announcements are not seen by the masses. The board is planning to do mail-outs & advertisements to get the word out for future meetings and events. I believe that they are on the right track, but remember, this is all new, and there's a certain amount of trial and error that will take place before we get the results that we need. The board has some good ideas, but membership is paramount to making these ideas come to fruition. After listening to Coach Faircloth again the other night, my excitement level has been kicked up another notch (which I didn't think was possible). It's gonna be a good year at the Reservation!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
On the PNGABC site meeting minutes, a question was raised to find out when the deadline for info for the football program. Some of the info to be printed are the list of Booster Club Members.
We need to know this to try to have a push on membership before the deadline. Another minutes question, people keep asking to buy merchandise.......well. Anyone heard anything along this line.
I know we are just getting our group started. If you look at Permians Booster club, they have more members holding positions then we currently have members. We need more info. NOW.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A few things to remember:

1. This is always a quite time every year. Excitement and activity picks up in the week or so before the season kickoff and continues to build to a peak for MCM week. Depending on the outcome of that game the excitement level increases in correlation with wins. If the Indians make a playoff run, remote alumni recognition will increase and booster club membership will continue to make gains.

2. Times are uncertain. A 20 month recession is still going strong and picking up steam. People are less likely to donate to a booster club right now.

3. The real benefits of the booster club will come from long term, continued annual contributions and fund raisers. Not new member fees. Relationships with industry and other heavy hitters will be where the booster club really sees advancement. So a period of slow growth is inevitable and seeking out beneficial relationships will be key.

NDN34

I joined the Booster Club over a month ago........sent my money but never got a letter, membership card, cap or anything. I don't know how to contact any of the officers since I live out of town or I would've called one of them. Have any of you that have joined received any communication from them after joining?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I joined as soon as they started taking applications. I never received anything either, but I went to the last open meeting and they stated that they are still working on the caps and, after several rejections, have decided on the right cap. This is the reason for the delay on the caps. I didn't even receive notice of the meeting, A MEETING OF AN ORGINAZTION THAT I'M A MEMBER OF..... However, they ARE a new group and acknowlege the fact that they need to get better at getting the information out to it's members.
They'll get better. We just need to have some patience, and things will come around.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I wish the Booster Club would have been passing out registration forms for the long lines of PNG fans getting tickets these last few days.
I know most could not got the added expense today to join but all would like to know how to join.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores