Brenham Cubs at Port Neches-Groves Indians Friday Nov. 10th 7 PM.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Since the beginning of time, it’s all about matchups. Player to player. If one is bigger and/or faster than the guy lined up in his area of responsibility, good and bad things happen. When that’s a disadvantage or can be manipulated to advantage, schemes come into play. PN-G’s DC and HC are going to find a solution to on defense and at least have the players in position to be successful. Coach McDaniel is all about bringing the heat at opportune times.

On offense it seems all about effort and domination by the Indians, with more and more pinpoint passing being added in when the defense is pulled into stacking the box. Although the 2023 Indians might be more about ‘punch you in the mouth’ football and good running, that doesn’t mean they can’t shock some people. OC Cade McCrary is all about doing that and stated the same when he arrived here.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
With the seedings locked in, I have to think both schools would come into that game wanting to rest starters for the playoffs.
Good point. If they do that it won’t really tell us much. Might still get some info if there are any times when both teams have the starters in; otherwise not so much.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Brenham is no slouch. They took it straight to Lake Creek running for over 240 yards and throwing for nearly 150. The difference in this ball game was that Brenham turned it over 3X, all 3 were interceptions. Other than that, the game was 100% even. Brenham could have easily walked away with the win.

We are going to have to come out focused and execute EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. From here on out, its either win or we'll see you next August. I want to see 6 more games before the "see you next August" comes into play.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
SOC isnt what they were last season. Their numbers are very bloated as they play in an inner-city Houston style district. They also keep their starters in the whole game and inflate their stats. Per an SOC insider.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Brenham is a very inconsistent team. I have now watched 5 of their games. I know anyone can win in the playoffs any game. I have to give the nod to PNGs coaching to take advantage of the inconsistence's in Brenham and their softness up the middle. Brenham is much smaller than last seasons team and the QB isnt as good as last seasons. He likes to throw it up for grabs a lot. The biggest threat is he will run with it though once again he is not as fast as last years QB. Mason Droddy hit him early last season and I think the poor kid hurt his ankle and thus limited his running ability. The Indians have a very good size difference between the o line and Brenham's defense. Their size reminds me a lot of Nederland's defensive size. I believe that we should be able to push them around.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Rain in forecast for Friday, possibly heavy. Could effect game in unpredictable ways. In the absence of that factor I would not be very concerned about this game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores