Calallen.......Danaher Withdraws name

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Good post, VegasNDN! At first, I was hurt and felt betrayed, but on reflection I have lost all respect for Danaher. I hope he gets whatever it was he wanted from Calallen. I also hope that PNG did not pay any of his expenses for him to come here and try to make us a "laughing stock" in the state. Although I agree with you about their ignorance, I fear I am not as nice a person as you. It is my sincere hope that we meet them sometime soon in the playoffs and show them what class is all about. Clearly, Danaher has none.

pngfan1

You think he may have an agent named Scott Boras? Just kidding, I believe he really was considering but lets be honest with ourselves here. The man would have been walking away from a lot and I don't believe he would have even gotten a raise by coming here.

Gumbeaux

I have not lost any respect for Danaher. What says a man can not interview, walk the campus, check out offseason and make a decision that best suits himself and his family. The interview process is a two way street, especially for a AD position in a school district like this......

I still smile when Squaw mentions the "infamous three"....As you know they have many qualified people on the committee....I just dont think 2 or 3 people are gonna make the entire decision....The coaching gurus on the committee can drill these guys to see what they know and dont....

We need to get past the (Danaher/Vance) issues and look at the list for the best guy....I still think we have 3 top candidates for the position...

Fairlcoth
Griffin
McAngus

All 3 of these have what it takes Faircloth would be my front runner....Griffin/McAngus play in very STOUT districts....

But remember Westlake job is open because of the resignation and I think Faircloth would be a front runner....

Gumbeaux

Coop....I just dont see Garrett (as I have posted before) have the actual readiness as a few of the other left on the list of top guys....

He just came from a 9th/10th grade campus in Plano....feeder schools....Just dont see that is what we need...

ScalpEm24

Coop....I see where you say Stump & Garrett, i think its obvious Stump is out, but what are you so high on Garrett?? Again, just curious? ;D

Gumbeaux

What numbers?.....He left the feeder schools in the middle of the spring season to head to Duncanville...I dont really like that....And most of his years experience are at the college level...Not a ton of playcalling on his side as well...

ScalpEm24

Did you say he left a school in the middle of the season Gumbeaux? Yikes...that's not very appealing. Personally, I think just from doing a little research, Faircloth seems to be the hot name....I actually liked his numbers and career progression even before the whole Danher & vance thing came up. He too, is a young bright mind that from what I hear will be in HIGH demand.....

CatFan4Ever

VegasNDN said:
I've been paying close attention to this process from Vegas. I was going to keep my mouth shut until I kept reading the posts from the CatFan guy/gal. Whoever you are, and I mean this with all the respect in the world, you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea what it takes to play ANY sport in this community. You have no idea what it means to graduate from one of the best schools in the state. You have no idea what it means for a stranger in a grocery store or gas station to tell you good luck because they recognize you from a certain sport; because they pay attention. Our fan base is unlike any other in the country. You will never now the pride that you take with you when you leave this community to live your life. I may not be there raising my family, but every ounce of who I am as a husband, a dad, a friend, and a successful business owner is a direct reflection of this community. So in all fairness, I forgive your comments because you truly have no idea. All the best to you and your coach.

I have no idea what it’s like to play ANY sport in a community with a supportive fan base??? I don’t know what it’s like to graduate from one of the best schools in the state???? Well actually I do KNOW. Calallen also has a great fan base with very high expectations and excellent academics. My wife did graduate from this great school and feels just as much pride now as she did when she was a student. Our athletes ARE KNOWN in the community and do receive best wishes at the grocery store or at the gas station. This is the pride that’s felt in a community with 24 consecutive football playoff appearances and, in just the past 15 years, 7 semi-final appearances and a state finals appearance. This is the same community – CALALLEN – that has won three state baseball championships since 2000 (defeating PNG in the 2000 4A State Championship game). In fact, Calallen is the defending class 4A baseball champion. This is the SAME community that won a girls Class 4A basketball championship within the last 20 years. Everyone has high esteem for their school and community and for you to imply that I have no clue is insulting. Phil Danaher did go to PNG with an open mind, but after touring the facilities, watching the athletes in off-season practice, touring the community and spending over two hours in an interview process, he realized that Calallen is an amazing school. We are thrilled to have him back in Calallen. So in all fairness, I forgive your comments because YOU truly have no idea! Best wishes to you and the search for a new coach.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores