Chick Fil A Spirit Night for PNG 7on7 State Fundraiser

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting that it's the first state tournament for the Indians. Not even the Dustin Long led team pulled that off.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Yes there was. I remember Coach Burnett talking about how much it contributed to the successful season.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
We went to the 7 on 7 state tourneyment in 1998 and 1999 i believe.

hookem14

100+ Posts
A good friend of mine told me he was a student coach at PN-G back in 98-99 and he coached a team at A&M in the state 7 on 7 tournament.

hookem14

100+ Posts
restless natives said:
Per the Texas State 7 on 7 web site, PNG lost to Corsicana 32 - 21 in the first round of the 99 tournament. The tournament began in 98.
That's exactly what my friend that coached that 7 on 7 team told me. The newspapers do not always know or print the truth!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
First time, second time, it's all good. We are in going in 2014 and we need to raise $4,000 for our kids to go, enjoy the tournament, compete, win the darn thing, and not worry about expenses (fuel, hotel, and to help the families with meals and incidentals). If you can contribute money, great. If not, send your support and good vibes for the Indians to play well. Once an Indian, Always an Indian.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Sounds like this group could be the best ever.

What a treat it would be to win state this year! These kids, I am told will be the hope to secure BF's position for the next few years.

Good luck to all of the great athletes and dad's for the next couple of years

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:

What a treat it would be to win state this year! These kids, I am told will be the hope to secure BF's position for the next few years.
What does this even mean?

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
bark said:

What does this even mean?

I guess just what it says, hope we win state, winning will shut up all negative comments about Faircloth and I assumed that some of the dad's are 7 on 7 coaches.

Nothing but positive comment from me about all the great things I hear about the next few years of athletes.

Didn't mean to offend you.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
We went to the 7 on 7 state tourneyment in 1998 and 1999 i believe.

My comment about it being the first time was taken from a Booster Club email. I assumed it was accurate.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
prepballfan said:
How did the fundraiser go last night?

Late reply...the fundraiser from Chick-Fil-A went well. Local businesses in Port Neches and Groves, alumni, friends of PN-G, and the families of the young men involved in 7 on 7, all donated money and approx. $2,500 was collected. The fundraiser at Chick-Fil-A was a success...it contributed quite a bit, too...I believe the Chick-Fil-A fundraiser generated the remaining $1,500, perhaps more. It is my understanding that the total fundraising goal of $4,000 was reached...thanks in part to the donations and the Chick-Fil-A fundraiser.

Great job by the Indian fans and faithful. A nice showing of support.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores