Comments on the new stadium?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
It wa really awesome. My seats are perfect. I have some pictures that I'll have to put up here for y'all to see. I tried to set the lens so that there was no zoom to give you an idea of how it really looks.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Man, it was so awesome. It was like walking around a college venue. Only one thing that coulda, and shoulda been done differently.
The front aisles were made much wider, and they handled the crowd great. Along with this, they have designated handicap areas that was also badly needed. Here's the snafu.... Why couldn't they have moved the handicap section up IN FRONT OF THE PEOPLE WALKING IN THE FRONT AISLES?????
I'll tell you why, because that would make way too much sense. Those folks that are wheelchair bound are still at the mercy (and believe me there's not much mercy) of the people walking in the front aisle. It wouldn't have required any more space, just some extra rails, and the handicap section would be in front of the people walking, instead of behind.

O.k., now I'm off my soapbox...

The bathrooms are So nice and the concession stands so functional. Man, it's almost like they thought it through or something.

A PROUD moment for PNG..No doubt

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Its was great just wish everything was working.one thing that needs to be addressed is needing maybe some fans pushing some air under the stands it got hot under waiting in line

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Quick question? In the 3rd pic of scoreboard..... Who are the Jackets??? ;D ;D ;D Scoreboard operator trying to give us a nudge to remember TJ???

LOL

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Oh, it was GREAT!! I think my favorite part was the restroom...LOL!! It was so nice not to have to stand in line for an hour, it seemed like there were a hundred stalls in there ;D I loved the war chant, and Indian Outlaw playing before the game, and they didn't play the music too loud like some other stadium does ::)! It was just great, can't wait until it is all finished!! I was kinda disappointed that they did not have some sort of ceremony to dedicate our new field, maybe they will do it at some point, but I think it should have been done tonight. I also agree about the handicap seats, not a good location at ALL! All in all, even with the loss, it was great to be home!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Quick question? In the 3rd pic of scoreboard..... Who are the Jackets??? ;D ;D ;D Scoreboard operator trying to give us a nudge to remember TJ???

LOL

Yeah, that was a big ooopps! Tip Durham made an announcement at the beginning and apologized to Livingston for the mistake, I guess they didn't know how to change it.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

LOL

Issues with the scoreboard in changing the names. The Jackets were from the last home game last year against Galena Park. They were not able to change the names.

Penny

Field looks awesome, only thing that caught my eye was the need for something more pronounced on the 50. Maybe a giant Indian head?

nissanindian

100+ Posts
field is awesome . stand were actuall comfy didnt have to you my stadium seat was able to go to the concession stand twice missing only minmal time instead of a whole quarter

NDNband69

500+ Posts
93.......That is an amazing vantage point you have there. Did you see the bridge to pleasure island from your seats.

Folks, I've been to other concrete venues........ours is just so much better in so many ways. The size of the press box
is just hard to believe.

I want to hear the impressions of others.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
Did you see the bridge to pleasure island from your seats.

If you look in the picture below, you will see the Pleasure Island Bridge in the background.

web.jpg

NDNband69 said:
Folks, I've been to other concrete venues........ours is just so much better in so many ways. The size of the press box is just hard to believe.

I had the same thoughts as I was sitting around and enjoying the scenery before the game. Beaumont ISD may build a concrete facility to match Galena Parks (who they have decided to model it after), but it will not have our scenery nor our sheer seating capacity. I doubt the press box will match ours either.

In my earlier shots, I forgot to mention that the first picture is actually a wide angle shot, and the pictures of the score board and the team stretching are zoomed in some. All the others are basically what it looks like from my seats. They were well worth the night spent waiting in line to trade!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
They appear to be metal flags. I wish they'd either put real flags with PNG logos or just do without. They don't look that great.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores