Concessions

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just a little info--the concessions tonight are being done by the cafeteria staff. They will prepare whatever in the cafeteria and cart it over to the concession stands. Rhonda Stefflin is in charge. I hope she has some help. As to any profits, they are going into the cafeteria funds. Seems wrong, somehow, to me. Shouldn't that money be used for students, such as Project Graduation? Also, I hope hot food is served that is edible. Our concessions have been a joke around the district for too long. Hopefully, the food will be as good as Nederlands or Vidors.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I still remember one of my favorite meals as a kid at Taft Elementary. Around 10am each day you could smell the food throughout the building.

Chicken Fried Steak
Mashed Potatos with Gravy
Green Beans
No Bake Cookies
Hot Rolls
Milk

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
I still remember one of my favorite meals as a kid at Taft Elementary. Around 10am each day you could smell the food throughout the building.

Chicken Fried Steak
Green Beans
No Bake Cookies
Hot Rolls
Milk
Amen to that!

phetonb

That was my favorite meal too!!

And you could go to the trash lady and get extra no bake cookies if you asked nicely.
She would not let anyone throw them away, so she had a nice stack of the ones no one else wanted. That was at Port Neches Jr. High.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:

Chicken Fried Steak
Green Beans
No Bake Cookies
Hot Rolls
Milk

Yes

DNIXSON

:) That does bring back memories the chicken fried steak, with mashed potatoes, grean beans, hot rolls and milk, and who could forget the no bake cookies, I could eat the whole pan

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
15PNG said:
We used to get grits for seconds at Woodcrest back in the day!

The yellow grits that really tasted good!! I loved school cafeteria food until the state stepped in and made it all taste bad.

91ndn

that was my favorite meal at taft...especially the rolls and seconds of yellow grits or butter rice.....o my god

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Does anyone know why the concessions profits are going to the cafeteria??? What kind of idea is that? For as long as I can remember, the profits have gone to the student activities fund, which is where it belongs. This is the perfect opportunity to build the student activities fund with 7 home games, but I guess the powers that be don't see this way. In my opinion, this has to change.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The cafeteria staff is preparing the food and working the concession stands. Personally, I'd like to see the booster club take it over.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I'm glad someone else sees this the way I do. The concessions and their profits need to go to benefit the students-all the students not just athletes! I've told my board members, have you?

Layingemdown

PNG NDN Fan said:

Chicken Fried Steak
Green Beans
No Bake Cookies
Hot Rolls
Milk

MMMMMM MMM.....I remember those days also at Taft.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores