Concessions

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I went to the PNG vs Crosby JV game Thursday. The concession stand was open for the JV game. To help with the anticipated crowd again for our game Friday against Crosby, the concession stand will have 2 satellite stations for drinks only under the home side. So if you just need drinks, you will not have to wait in those long food lines. YEAH ! ! !

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
I went to the PNG vs Crosby JV game Thursday. The concession stand was open for the JV game. To help with the anticipated crowd again for our game Friday against Crosby, the concession stand will have 2 satellite stations for drinks only under the home side. So if you just need drinks, you will not have to wait in those long food lines. YEAH ! ! !

Finally!! They got some sense!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNband69 said:

Where were those drink stations/ I must have missed them, although it's a great idea!

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I bought a barbecue sandwich last night...one way to describe it, NASTY. I'm not a picky eater but I will be eating before I go to the game from now on.

bandkid

Staff member
Former NDNette said:
I bought a barbecue sandwich last night...one way to describe it, NASTY. I'm not a picky eater but I will be eating before I go to the game from now on.

Welcome to school food. Cheap Food + State Nutritional Regulations = Nasty. The cafeteria ladies do their best (and I really appreciate them for all their hard work and their spirit on Fridays), but they don't have much to work with.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yeah...my husband got a pizza and I was shocked when he brought it back!! It was a microwave one...in a plastic bag! I think improving the concession stand food would be a good thing for the booster club to put on their agenda. I'm not asking for gourmet food...I was pleased with what we had last year...at least the pizza was real...lol!

bandkid

Staff member
They're serving the crowd the same thing we're served during lunch each day. The synthetic-beef barbeque sandwiches, links in tortillas, "bagged" pizzas - all the same. The state needs to stay out of the school's business and let the cafeteria ladies cook.

Amen Bandkid !!

State thinks this food they are making our schools serve is 'healthy'....how can it be healthy, when your child WONT eat whole entire day, due to the grossness of cafeteria food???

I personally would NOT eat anything I've seen prepared in the highschool cafeteria. I ate a chicken salad sandwich there year before last and got soo sick!! To this day, I still can not stand the sight, smell or thought of chicken salad sandwiches!! :cry:

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Sounds like they'd do better serving MRE's at the games. ;D Those things ain't too bad, considering.

Maybe by the time district rolls around, the food will improve, otherwise I'm gonna brown bag it for MCM!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It's sad that we have a first class concession stand and we have to eat plastic bag pizzas and mystery-meat sandwiches! I'm trying not to complain too much...all things considered we have a GREAT facility...but I really was hoping for better food! Maybe once the booster club is going strong, they will take over, and things will improve...until then...pack a lunch ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Plenty of local establishments to get involved. Between Billy Joe's, Pizza Inn and Larry's French Market, all necessary food groups for a football game would be covered. ;D

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I brought a bag with snacks for my grandsons, they thought they had a feast....gold fish, teddy grahams, pringles....the little one was bending down going mmmmm and licking his lips. lol I think I'll just throw something in there for myself next week.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
isnt burnett in charge of concession stands We got to change it i am doing atkins diet and I at the patty of the hand burger and would have rather not eatin at all I mean come on at least put some chees on it or something With the tvs near the concession stand i am willing to wait a little longer for a little better food

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
nissanindian said:
isnt burnett in charge of concession stands We got to change it i am doing atkins diet and I at the patty of the hand burger and would have rather not eatin at all I mean come on at least put some chees on it or something With the tvs near the concession stand i am willing to wait a little longer for a little better food

He's not in charge of the concessions anymore.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
A friend of mine ordered a barbecue sandwich. She was trying to fight a 7 yr old with her and didn't notice until they got back up in the stands they'd given her a chicken sandwich. Chicken on a wheat bun. No mayo, mustard anything. She said she took 2 bites and threw it away.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Former NDNette said:
A friend of mine ordered a barbecue sandwich. She was trying to fight a 7 yr old with her and didn't notice until they got back up in the stands they'd given her a chicken sandwich. Chicken on a wheat bun. No mayo, mustard anything. She said she took 2 bites and threw it away.

Health food!!! YUK!!! LOL

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores