CURIOSITY QUESTION

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
Alpha06 said:
PNG brings home field advantage every where we go! ive been to several away games where we have had more fans than the home team :rocks:

I am sure Matt Burnett wished that home field advantage away from home would have scored more points for him, he might still be coaching.

tribesman

100+ Posts
Conditioning and the fact that our kids do not go both ways goes hand in hand (not to mention our depth). Two things that I can think of that come to mind right away and are major reasons for our success are these:

1) Our new coaching staff has brought an "updated" version of football to The Reservation. These coaches have seen how things are being done at some of the traditional powers such as Permian, Westlake, and Highland Park for example. Just go watch a practice and see how much is familiar to any of you ex-players or fans.

2) One thing that I haven't heard mention of is our new defensive coordinator. Other coaches say that Coach Kroeker is a machine. He is all business and it amazes me how well prepared our defenses are. Did you catch the fact that he was sending Benoit hand signals telling Kane which jersey number to key on for the Vidor backs. It was uncanny how accurate he was in doing that ! He is a huge reason for our success.

fan

I believe it is much like '74 when Ethridge came in. I was a 9th grader, before we played the wishbone in the 8th grade with straight ahead blocking, then switched to the power I with lots of traps, 347 tackle trap was a big offside trap. The biggest thing I see is the charismatic personalty of Faircloth - more of a CEO/motivator/coordinator just like Ethridge. And he surrounds himself with smart young coaches.

Think of some of the past asst. on '75 '76 Bush, Davis, Nunez, that went on to bigger things were this same type assistants as these guys.

Then Butch Troy who is considered one of the best OL coaches ever. Also, Carswell went to be HC at Forest Park, Clearman was a Defencive guy.

I lettered in 75 and 76 seasons and remember our "slogan" being "ya gotta believe!" and I can tell you by having played --mostly on special teams--for Ethridge for 19 games, I see a parallel between that staff/players, the era of 74-80ish!

Bottom line is it appears the kids believe they can do what is asked of them and our staff just seems so damn innovative.

My hat is off to these new guys. I still feel bad for Matt and the others that were let go, demoted - whatever- but as coaches they know VERY well it happens and should be prepared to move on.

Enjoying EVERY moment as a parent -- just like my parents did in those days - and it was a special time in the community. We really lived for Friday Night and then the playoffs.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores