Different name brought up on SETXSports board

VegasNDN

If you look back on the older message board, I mentioned David Satcher. He played with us Malone's first season on defense. He has done a lot of good things in the coaching world at a young age. I know a lot of you want to perhaps look outside the community, but having David in the first round of interviews makes plenty of sense. He would bring a whole new attitude to the Reservation.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
VegasNDN said:
If you look back on the older message board, I mentioned David Satcher. He played with us Malone's first season on defense. He has done a lot of good things in the coaching world at a young age. I know a lot of you want to perhaps look outside the community, but having David in the first round of interviews makes plenty of sense. He would bring a whole new attitude to the Reservation.

I know his brother as well and can tell you David is now basically an "outside the community" guy. Id bet he couldn't tell you a single players name in the PNG program right now. You'll only see him in SETX for a holiday, birthday or other family event. You get the "out of town" guy but one that will love PNG as much as we do. I totally agree he should make the first round of interviews if he actually applies. What happens from there would be anyones guess.

Id love to see a list of applicants when it becomes available.

C

coonass322

The dumbest comment on the post from SETX was the guy that said something about coaches playing certain kids becuase of "ties".....That doesnt happen with the bigtime coaches...They are there to win, not make mommy and daddy happy.....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
coonass322 said:
The dumbest comment on the post from SETX was the guy that said something about coaches playing certain kids becuase of "ties".....That doesnt happen with the bigtime coaches...They are there to win, not make mommy and daddy happy.....
Sorry to disagree, Coonass, but eventually they all do. A good example was Doug Etheridge. He did a bang up job until he got to know people and began playing boys because their father was on the school board or mayor's son or whatever. I still think we should go far, far away from this area. I did hear something interesting yesterday and that was someone told me who is trying to run this decision-making and it would sure freak everyone out if they knew who.

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
coonass322 said:
Sorry to disagree, Coonass, but eventually they all do. A good example was Doug Etheridge. He did a bang up job until he got to know people and began playing boys because their father was on the school board or mayor's son or whatever. I still think we should go far, far away from this area. I did hear something interesting yesterday and that was someone told me who is trying to run this decision-making and it would sure freak everyone out if they knew who.

Spill the beans :eek:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
None of the above. I cannot reveal who told me and who it is--yet. All I can say is to ask questions and someone will hear the right name.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
squaw said:
coonass322 said:

Is it a current board member or upper level administrator (not the supt.)?

C

coonass322

Sqauw....You know nothing more than anyone else on the message boards...

The job will open up to everyone and at that time names will fly around.....

And back to your "coaches have ties to playing kids comment"...Todays society and kids are different...I would put my paycheck on saying 10 out of 10 coaches would put jimmy hard hat in the game if he knows he can win over white collar stevieee that cant tackle a wet noodle...

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores