District 8-5A Standings and Scores

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I have a simple look at the playoffs. You just have to beat whoever is in front of you. Sure we can hope for certain teams to get upset to give us a better match up, but to get to state this season will have to be earned. Thats for sure. Just like the last two years. What the re-alignment committee did to favor LH was pathetic. They need to be looked into.

prepballfan

Staff member
I believe it will be an difficult game for Nederland. The only thing that gives me hope is a certain number. That number is 261. The number of points MLC has given up this season. Thats 43.5 PPG. Nederlands RB is special. If he can get open they might make a game out of it. Problem is I am not very sure that they can stop MLC it seems like it will have to be a score for a score for Big Ned. MLC has a negative 43 points differential.

Rez

I believe it will be a difficult game for Nederland. The only thing that gives me hope is a certain number. That number is 261. The number of points MLC has given up this season. Thats 43.5 PPG. Nederlands RB is special. If he can get open they might make a game out of it. Problem is I am not very sure that they can stop MLC it seems like it will have to be a score for a score for Big Ned. MLC has a negative 43 points differential.
Nederland has something else going for it - They’ve had pretty solid run defense. If they can take Byars out of the game and get to Marcos quick when he breaks for a run, Nederland will be in this one.

prepballfan

Staff member
Don't get me wrong I am rooting for Nederland except week after next. I would love to see MLC miss the playoffs the way they act and the way their coach acts. Such disrespect for the teams they play. The way the coach runs his team rubs off on his players. It looks like Nederland is on an upward trajectory. They have an undefeated JV which could mean PNGs undefeated JV MCM could decide the JV DC>

Rez

Nederlands last 4 games are
MLC
PNG
Huntsville
Montgomery.
Thats brutal way to end the season. Every week will be tough physical games without a break.
They need to win at least one of those games. I like their chances against LC and probably Montgomery. Huntsville will be too strong, and I’m feeling pretty confident about what png is doing

NHSBulldogFan

Nederland has something else going for it - They’ve had pretty solid run defense. If they can take Byars out of the game and get to Marcos quick when he breaks for a run, Nederland will be in this one.
Our run defense did not look good vs. West Fork on the plus side our offense is improving weekly Thomas has 12TDS rushing on the year and will probably end up with a Ross Labove type year on the ground...BTW both our Freshman A and JV teams are undefeated 6-0 on the year. Freshman B is 5-1 the only loss coming to Port Arthur Memorial

prepballfan

Staff member
Our run defense did not look good vs. West Fork on the plus side our offense is improving weekly Thomas has 12TDS rushing on the year and will probably end up with a Ross Labove type year on the ground...BTW both our Freshman A and JV teams are undefeated 6-0 on the year. Freshman B is 5-1 the only loss coming to Port Arthur Memorial
Our JV is undefeated as well. Bodes well for Mid-County.

100+ Posts
Don't get me wrong I am rooting for Nederland except week after next. I would love to see MLC miss the playoffs the way they act and the way their coach acts. Such disrespect for the teams they play. The way the coach runs his team rubs off on his players. It looks like Nederland is on an upward trajectory. They have an undefeated JV which could mean PNGs undefeated JV MCM could decide the JV DC>
+1 and "double like". Wrt MLC, I also really hope they miss the playoffs, and I'll just leave it at that.

bandkid

Staff member
Y’all have no idea how much I would enjoy having PN-G and Nederland be district champs and runners-up, respectively, in a district with so many north Houston teams.

19PNGndn68

I have a simple look at the playoffs. You just have to beat whoever is in front of you. Sure we can hope for certain teams to get upset to give us a better match up, but to get to state this season will have to be earned. Thats for sure. Just like the last two years. What the re-alignment committee did to favor LH was pathetic. They need to be looked into.
For the UIL To squeeze out PNG from Region 3 they had to resort to Region 4 District 14 having to play five non district games, Region 4 District 15 have to play six non district games, Region 4 District 16 have to play five non district games. UIL instead of consolidating , made these districts scramble to find other teams to fill up half or more of there season. The results are Increased travel and the subsequent exposure of students to traffic hazards during these trips.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Even worse
If and when we win the region we would have to (potentially-probably not) play west Texas teams (instead of Houston)
The only way we could play someone as close as Santa Fe Texas City FBM Richmond Randle Is in the SC

Rez

I think Nederland will be the only team for the rest of the regular season that will give PNG a run for their money imo.
Montgomery is capable of giving PNG trouble. They have some good size. They have an extremely elusive QB (something PNG has struggled with all season). Their receivers know how to get open (our secondary is weak - Even the Splendora receivers were getting open on us). That’s not to say I think Montgomery will beat us. We’ll be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and if we want to we can run it down their throat all night. But Montgomery’s not a pushover. I’d also argue they’re better than Nederland.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores