Doty

PNGALWAYS

I watched the Oregon Spring game and he did not play. Four other quarterbacks did, including a red-shirt freshman. It does not seem good, but I don't know anything else about the situation.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
He did not travel to Arlington last week, his mom said he is on the scout squad right now. His name was listed in the program for the game last week, but they listed him as being from Tuscon, Arizona! I personally don't think he is gonna be the scout squad very long, I see him as their starter pretty soon

90NDN

500+ Posts
I hope he gets a chance...one of the other qbs (Harris) was highly recruited and is projected to be an NFL qb I saw on ESPN just the other day

PNGALWAYS

I guess if he wasn't there, that changes things a bit!!! Since I just saw the game a few days ago (apparently a re-broadcast), I wasn't thinking. In any case they do have a bunch of quarterbacks, but if they give him a chance I'm sure he will do well. The fact that he was a preferred walk-on is a good sign.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
One of those 5 QB's either has been or is going to be converted to reciever

NDN79

500+ Posts
Just because the mighty ESPN annoints some one as great--doesn't make it so. They have been known to guess wrong a time or two. I believe Doty will do good there and make a name for himself.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNG quarterback jinks - Long at A&M, Richey at Tech
If there are 5 Qb's and Doty is a walk on (paying his way) I would think, because requiters have a vested interest that their guy excels, it's going to be hard -not impossible - to make the squad.

As good of a HS Qb that he was, and a GREAT KID nobody offered him a D1 scholarship must mean that real scouts with real experience see something we do not.

I still can't figure why someone did not want him

Good Luck Doty!

90NDN

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
Just because the mighty ESPN annoints some one as great--doesn't make it so. They have been known to guess wrong a time or two. I believe Doty will do good there and make a name for himself.

I wasn't saying that I agree with that..All I was saying is that he was a high profile recruit that projects well at the next level according to ESPN. I also said that I hope Doty gets a chance as I know he can show them he is a high quality recruit himself regardless if he was highly recruited or not.

bark

1,000+ Posts
90NDN said:
NDN79 said:

I wasn't saying that I agree with that..All I was saying is that he was a high profile recruit that projects well at the next level according to ESPN. I also said that I hope Doty gets a chance as I know he can show them he is a high quality recruit himself regardless if he was highly recruited or not.
We all hope he gets a chance. I have heard nothing but good things about him from his family and others that know him and what a great job his parents did raising him.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I have heard that he is third on the depth chart and the coaches are very pleased with his progress. I don't know how reliable the info is though.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I have heard that he is third on the depth chart and the coaches are very pleased with his progress. I don't know how reliable the info is though.
That is great news!

Did you read it on their web site?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
pngfan93 said:
That is great news!

Did you read it on their web site?

It was a newspaper article with a quote from a coach stating that if Doty continued to progress as he has, he would be a starter for them. I did not read that to mean that he would start this year, but in the future at some point. I can't remember where I saw the article, so I can't quote it. Treat this as a rumor until I can provide a quote.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Grandmother said he was redshirted last week. Did not ask if he was hurt or what.

I assume he gets an extra year of eligibility.

Could be for the best, in that one more year to put on weight and mature physically would help him and maybe "clear out" some others ahead of him on the chart.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores