DOUBLE STANDARDS ???

15PNG

500+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
PurplePrideBandRulez said:
IndianFan said:
Yankeedawg's a good guy who's just having some fun with you. He's always welcome here.

After reading sooo many ugly mean negative complaints and comments about our band and our kids on this message board, I find/found NO humor in his post!

It's really sad to read so many negative comments about our band and NEVER does anyone ever speak of how wonderful you'll looked out on the field for the 1st game or how proud they are of our band!! Sure all of us parents are extremely proud of our kids and voice the up positive comments, but what about the rest of the NDN fans ???
OOO, wait, once again, they are not on the "football team" !!!!

Geeez...I didn;t mean to ruffle your feathers, uuuhhh, so to speak ;D . Actually, posting a pic of a pair of mules in no way, shape or form can be construed as being ugly, mean, negative or disrepectful to the PNG band. It was simply posted , as Bandkid pointed out, to "lighten the mood" and to inject a bit of Monday morning humor. My apologies if you don't appreciate my sense of humor, but as PNG Proud, Bandkid and IndianFan have suggested...(and I appreciate your comments folks) that's just me...I try to take the less than dead serious approach in many of my posts. I have a great deal of respect for the PNG community, football team, band and so on. (refer back to some of my previous posts on other threads and you will see what I mean) See, our communities in many ways are really quite similar. Yes...there is a GREAT, long-standing traditional rivalry between us, and that is one of the things that makes posting and bantering with the good PNG folks so much fun. But rest assured, none of what I post is intended to be disrespectful.

Now then, as far the "smarta%%" comment goes, I would tell you a joke about that, but out of respect to the ladies on here...I won't. :-X

signed:YankeeDawg

LOL....brilliant ;D

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Personally, YankeeDawg, I thought the mules were cute! See there, some of you "Pollyannas", my posts are not intended to be negative-- only to inform people. Maybe the ones who insinuate I am being negative are really the negatives ones on here...............

shovelhead

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Personally, YankeeDawg, I thought the mules were cute! See there, some of you "Pollyannas", my posts are not intended to be negative-- only to inform people. Maybe the ones who insinuate I am being negative are really the negatives ones on here...............

:huh:

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:

"Insinuating" that you're being negative?

squaw said:
OK, Bandkid, you asked for it. We've sat on the 30 yd line (by choice) for almost 40 years and we are still in the same area. I did get goosebumps when the drums began and I could hear them, but that changed quickly when the rest of the fight song began. It was slow and low. Not many people standing where we were. I used to get goosebumps the first few times I heard Cherokee, but haven't in several years now. The band during the glory days (the 70's) was absolutely awesome. Personally, a lot of fans don't care if the band gets a 1 or a zero at contest--we want to be proud of them every week at the game. We enjoyed watching a different performance at every game, too. Now all we see is the same thing time after time.

squaw said:
I have to make one last comment. How can these band parents say they are so supportive of other organizations when they haul their butts out of the stadium after halftime??? People around me were asking "where are all these people going?" The response was "these are band parents." Also, does anyone else remember a couple of years ago when band parents were complaining when the district made them buy a ticket to get in the gates? They wanted to come at halftime (free) and leave when its over. Maybe the band parents on here who disagree so vehemently with me should look around their own organization? We want to enjoy the band along with the football game and a lot of you cannot say the same. Case closed. I will not comment on this topic. Hopefully, some of you get my point.

squaw said:
Just a little info--the concessions tonight are being done by the cafeteria staff. They will prepare whatever in the cafeteria and cart it over to the concession stands. Rhonda Stefflin is in charge. I hope she has some help. As to any profits, they are going into the cafeteria funds. Seems wrong, somehow, to me. Shouldn't that money be used for students, such as Project Graduation? Also, I hope hot food is served that is edible. Our concessions have been a joke around the district for too long. Hopefully, the food will be as good as Nederlands or Vidors.

And (ironically enough) from the "POSITIVES" thread:

squaw said:
I totally agree with everything you said about the Indians! Heck, they always give 110%--that's nothing new. The only negatives have been about people not watching their children and letting them run wild, the concessions, and the band director not playing Cherokee correctly and loud. I still agree with those things, also, but I NEVER heard one negative about the players. Who can argue about people who don't sit by the band wanting to hear them?

Arguably even more ironic:

squaw said:

And these are just a few of the most recent.

PurplePrideBandRulez misinterpreted yankeedawg's post as an insult to the band. In reality, that's not what it was meant to be and that has been made clear, but noone can blame PurplePrideBandRulez for getting defensive when the majority of her experiences on this board have involved dealing with posts like those listed above.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Hippy!

Welcome aboard! Love reading your posts on that other forum so we are happy to have you here too!

Don't let the posts fool you ................. just one really negative person and the rest are great folks with great opinions - even when I don't agree with them :duel: ;D

Glad you could join us!

thetragichippy

wow....thanks for the nice welcome...... Should have came here sooner. I have always lived in a city that was a rival of PNG......but one thing about PNG is community involvement. I remember I was dating a girl from PNG and she invited me to a pep rally.....back in 1982 :eek:ld: All I remember thinking is, where the hell did all these people come from...

I will still be backing the Raiders, but good luck to your team. You guys are on a roll and your new coach should take PNG to a completely new level........

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great to hear from you hippy! Thanks for the good words about PN-G. I hope your Raiders have a good season (except for 1 week). A lot of great people post here at this site and all are welcome.

thetragichippy

NDN79 said:
Great to hear from you hippy! Thanks for the good words about PN-G. I hope your Raiders have a good season (except for 1 week). A lot of great people post here at this site and all are welcome.

cool.........we may have to discuss week 1......but yes, good luck with the rest of your season

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores