Family and Player Post Game Tradition

ThePride70

Just to clarify, as was stated in an earlier post, yes I did hear the UIL comment with my own two ears, from 2 varsity coaches. Then I was approached by about a dozen other people who heard the same thing. I'm sure many of them heard it second or third hand but it was still brought to my attention. Then I read the comments about the UIL rule on this board so I felt that I should let people know that it wasn't a UIL rule and that's why I commented on it. When the coaches first told me about the UIL rule, I knew that it wasn't a UIL rule and I felt like our fans deserved to know as well. If you go take a look at some of my posts under other topics, you will see that I am not here to stir the pot and I have been backing the new staff. Everything that I have heard and seen about coach Faircloth has been positive. Maybe they did make a mistake but that's not what we where told. I have never heard anyone say that a mistale was made. Had we been told Monday at the booster club meeting that they had made a mistake, I would have never said another word. It went from being a UIL rule, to protecting coaches and players from irate fans. No one every mentioned a mistake. I know all about parents approaching coaches after games and I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with that but that's not what I was told. Unfortunately the actions of a few parents ruined it for the vast majority of parents who just want to spend a few special minutes with their child. OK, I'll officially drop it and move on. I just wanted you to understand that I am not after anyone. I just like the facts to be known. Go get Crosby!

ndnmojo14

wow really dude.. you need to grow up and get over it.. there is nothing left of this horse to beat anymore.. no one cares.. move on

fan

so will we not be allowed on our field at all this season or will Coach reconsider? And if so ,how will we know?

I believe it is a disappointment to the seniors. But, it's our AD's call and I'm sure he has a reason that he thinks is valid.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
BF stated that this is not necessarily permanent, that time would tell if changes would be made in the future.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
BF stated that this is not necessarily permanent, that time would tell if changes would be made in the future.

Just my HO Proud, but I really think that Coach is doing what, in his opinion, is in the best interest of the Indians football team. He has no reason to do anything otherwise than to make his team the best they can possibly be. If down the road his feeling change about this, than so be it.

If I was a parent in a similar situation at Nederland, it would no doubt bother me, but I would try to understand the coach'ss viewpoint and try put my personal feelings aside for the sake of the TEAM.

Good luck tomorrow against Crosby... no game for us so I'll probably listen to yours on radio. 7:30 start 92.5 FM correct?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:

Just my HO Proud, but I really think that Coach is doing what, in his opinion, is in the best interest of the Indians football team. He has no reason to do anything otherwise than to make his team the best they can possibly be. If down the road his feeling change about this, than so be it.

If I was a parent in a similar situation at Nederland, it would no doubt bother me, but I would try to understand the coach'ss viewpoint and try put my personal feelings aside for the sake of the TEAM.

Good luck tomorrow against Crosby... no game for us so I'll probably listen to yours on radio. 7:30 start 92.5 FM correct?

730 is correct. But you are more than welcome to come out to the Rez. and watch. Of course, you should probably wear some purple and white!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Thanks NDNTime, I may just take you up on that...The best I can do is wear an old MCM shirt...sit on the visitors side...and root for the Indians. Sure to tick off Crosby fans, heh?? :woohoo:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Just one opinion... I equate the field thing as parents who hang too close to their small youngsters in football or baseball practice. Give the coach some separation and authority to do what he feels is best for the team. It's more important for the players to experience WINNING than to visit on the field after a game. You can always hang around until after the team finishes meeting and dressing, and visit in the area outside the field house. That could be a new tradition. And doesn't have to be all over the playing field.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I believe that I was the one who brought up it being a UIL rule. It was something I heard at the scrimmage from another fan and didn't take the time to research before posting it. If you want to blame someone, blame me. I could really care less what you think of me. As far as I can remember, the coaches have not stated that it was a UIL rule. Has anyone here actually heard a coach state this with their own two ears? None of this heard it from . . . crap.

I'm pretty sure I started that rumor so, please, everyone blame me and let's just move on.

Surprised I didn't blamed for that, also. lol

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
Thanks NDNTime, I may just take you up on that...The best I can do is wear an old MCM shirt...sit on the visitors side...and root for the Indians. Sure to tick off Crosby fans, heh?? :woohoo:

Yankeedawg, you're more than welcome to sit with me. I have an extra seat on the 40........MY TREAT!
You have my cell # if interested. If you don't still have it, let me know, and I'll call ya. And I won't even make you wear purple.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
After the PNG JV game vs Crosby, this was what we saw.

DSCF7429.jpg

DSCF7430.jpg

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:

Yankeedawg, you're more than welcome to sit with me. I have an extra seat on the 40........MY TREAT!
You have my cell # if interested. If you don't still have it, let me know, and I'll call ya. And I won't even make you wear purple.

Many thanks for your kind offer my friend, however after posting last nite my better half informed me that, since the Dogs aren't playing, we are going to dinner then spending a quiet evening at home, as both the kids have plans. The planets must be in perfect alignment!! ;)

Again, I appeciate your offer.

Good luck Indians..ROLL CROSBY!!!! :clap:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:

Many thanks for your kind offer my friend, however after posting last nite my better half informed me that, since the Dogs aren't playing, we are going to dinner then spending a quiet evening at home, as both the kids have plans. The planets must be in perfect alignment!! ;)

I had no idea that you were into ASTROLOGY! And you think you know someone!
Have a vice dinner.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:

I had no idea that you were into ASTROLOGY! And you think you know someone!
Have a vice dinner.

Heck no!! I'm into Yankeelogy and thanks, I plan on having a very VICE dinner!!
(Sure hope that was a typo ;D ).

Anyways...good luck tonite and thanks again for the offer.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores