Family of Blackfeet chief, face of NFL's Redskins for 48 years, wants his image back in NFL

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Montana Sen. Daines joins family effort 'about righting a wrong' while NFL's Commanders want to 'honor' team heritage.

The descendants of John Two Guns White Calf also want his incredible life story retold, too, to a new generation of Americans who seek unity and value multiculturalism.

The White Calf family has support in Washington, D.C., from one of their Montana senators and, it appears, from the NFL franchise itself, now known as the Washington Commanders.

"The fans want him back and we want him back," Thomas White Calf, a great nephew of the celebrated early-20th-century native, said this week by phone, hours after the family met with Sen. Steve Daines, R-Montana.

Two Guns White Calf’s proud portrait adorned Redskins helmets, T-shirts, playing fields and marketing materials from 1972 until 2020. …

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores