Fans not allowed on field after game

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
From a practical standpoint of getting the kids into the locker room and everyone getting home asap, it makes sense. And as already mentioned, Coach Faircloth also probably has a postgame routine of addressing the players, etc. The man needs to be able to run the program as he wants.

tcobb27

We were never allowed to go on the field prior to the Danny Malone era. It has been a tradition since 1988-89 season. Most teams do not allow fans on the field after the game probably because they want them to make their way to their cars so that they can shut down the stadium.

NONS81

We were allowed on the field after games, prior to 1988. I have the pictures to prove it...As far as this rule - I know we like to congratulate and/or consol our boys after a game, but Coach probably has several things in his mind that he needs to convey to these boys while it is fresh on his mind.

Whodat

The fans always wait a good distance away while the coach gets time with his team, it's not like parents are in the huddle with em.

StudentsComeFirst

I agree 100% that Coach Faircloth should be able to do whatever he wants to do with the team, before, during and after a game. That's his prerogative. When we hire a head coach we must allow them to work through his own personal system and that may mean that some traditions might fade away. My point was not that he should let the players mingle with families (even though I wished that he would and I thought it was a nice tradition) it was the fact that we were being told (to me personally by coaches and then by a public address announcement) that it was a UIL rule, when, to the best of my knowledge, it's not. I just don't like being misled. I was about 99% certain as to why they weren't on the field after the games, and it wasn't due to the UIL nor concern for harming the track or the field. I felt as though we were being mislead and yes, I take offense to that. Like I said, don't tell me it's raining down my back when in fact it's some other form of warm liquid. I have been to NCAA games where once the game is over, they run a clock for 10-15 minutes and no one is allowed on the field before that time expires. It gives the fans a chance to clam down and protects the players, coaches and officials, and I have no problem with that. Once that time period is over, the families were allowed to mingle with the players on the field. Also, during that initial 10-15 minutes, the players where allowed to meet with their families in an area away from the field. Similar to our track area. I just can't imagine the UIL saying we can't do this. I will repeat that I am checking into this (through the UIL, not through the coaching staff or a board member) for an unbiased explanation of what part the UIL had in this decision. If the UIL doesn't have a policy regarding this, then in fact we were mislead (I'll even say lied to). If in fact a UIL rule does exist, I will apologize.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
UIL rules do give the game administrators (which usually includes the athletic director) the ability to set stadium policy with respect to athletic events. If you are looking for a specific rules saying that fans are not allowed on the field you probably will not find it.

bandkid

Staff member
If it's not a UIL rule for a 4A school but is one for a 5A school (as was previously stated in this thread), could it be that Coach Faircloth, having come to us from a 5A school, believes that this UIL rule affects all schools and this was just an honest mistake?

StudentsComeFirst

I understand that the UIL gives the game administrators the ability to set stadium policy with respect to athletic events. I have no problem with that. That has always been the case and nothing has changed since Coach Faircloth took the position other than his personal philosophy about not having them on the field after the game. Also, trust me, Coach Faircloth knows the rule very well and this is not an oversight on his part. That was my point all along. The game administrator, in this case, Coach Faircloth, and NOT THE UIL as stated, chose not to have the kids on the field after the game. That being said, why not just come out say that's his policy. Don't tell people that it's a new UIL rule. Call it what you will, it's misleading as heck and it was an insult to my intelligence from the moment I heard it from the coaches and the announcement. It's still not raining...................

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I agree that family and friends should be allowed on the field after the game..that is a special time for parents. But that is not my decision to make and maybe Coach Faircloth can be persuaded to change his mind, if not so be it. But lets be honest..StudentsComeFirst has an axe to grind against Faircloth..you have 3 posts on this forum and all of them are for the purpose of calling him a liar. Matt Burnett is not coming back as head coach so you need to get over it. Slandering Coach Faircloth serves no purpose. Also, Coach Faircloth had nothing to do with what happened before he got here..so all of the people who are mad about MB being"reassigned" need to direct their displeasure elsewhere. Everything I have seen and heard from Faircloth has been impressive and I think it is inappropriate to get on this board and call him a liar. I appreciate the service, dedication and love MB has for PNG, but we have a new coach now and we need to support him. We don't need people to get on this site for the purpose of stirring the pot against him, which is exactly what StudentsComeFirst's intent is.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
StudentsComeFirst said:
I understand that the UIL gives the game administrators the ability to set stadium policy with respect to athletic events. I have no problem with that. That has always been the case and nothing has changed since Coach Faircloth took the position other than his personal philosophy about not having them on the field after the game. Also, trust me, Coach Faircloth knows the rule very well and this is not an oversight on his part. That was my point all along. The game administrator, in this case, Coach Faircloth, and NOT THE UIL as stated, chose not to have the kids on the field after the game. That being said, why not just come out say that's his policy. Don't tell people that it's a new UIL rule. Call it what you will, it's misleading as heck and it was an insult to my intelligence from the moment I heard it from the coaches and the announcement. It's still not raining...................

Please refrain from the the personal implications.

StudentsComeFirst

ndnsrock44 said:
I agree that family and friends should be allowed on the field after the game..that is a special time for parents. But that is not my decision to make and maybe Coach Faircloth can be persuaded to change his mind, if not so be it. But lets be honest..StudentsComeFirst has an axe to grind against Faircloth..you have 3 posts on this forum and all of them are for the purpose of calling him a liar. Matt Burnett is not coming back as head coach so you need to get over it. Slandering Coach Faircloth serves no purpose. Also, Coach Faircloth had nothing to do with what happened before he got here..so all of the people who are mad about MB being"reassigned" need to direct their displeasure elsewhere. Everything I have seen and heard from Faircloth has been impressive and I think it is inappropriate to get on this board and call him a liar. I appreciate the service, dedication and love MB has for PNG, but we have a new coach now and we need to support him. We don't need people to get on this site for the purpose of stirring the pot against him, which is exactly what StudentsComeFirst's intent is.

OK, so I'm thrilled that we both agree about family and friends being on the field and we both agree that is not our decision to make (go back and read my posts). Seems like we have a lot in common. I have no axe to grind. I was ready for a change as much as anyone. Do I think everything was handled the way that I would have handled it? Nope. Have ever posted anything in the forum expressing anything negative about those areas that I would have handled differently? Nope. Have I said one thing negative about the new staff or any mistreatment about the old staff? Nope. Did I say in my post that no coach can please everyone? Yep. Did I say when you make a coaching change that some traditions have to fade away? Yep. Do I think it's time to stay positive and move forward with the new direction? Yep. Do I plan to continue to support PNG athletics just like I have for over 50 years? Yep. I am very impressed that you seem to know exactly what my intent here is even though you missed it by about a mile and a half. Please understand that I was I was PERSONALLY MISLED (I'll make sure that I don't say lied to). I felt and still feel that the public address announcement was completely misleading. I have no vendetta nor do I have any allegiance what so ever for MB as you claim. I just a little irked when I and 8000 others in the stands are MISLED. You are right about one thing. I have only written about one topic and it's this one. I have purposely chose not to say anything about the old or the new staff and just let the new staff move forward. I wish the best for them as well as the players. The only reason that I wrote this time was because it was personall very MISLEADING and it upset me to sit there and listen to it. I'm not here to berate anyone especially the new staff. Nothing positive comes from that. I also never wrote anything about the old staff, even though I had many personal feelings about certain areas. That's not what I am about. I'll guarantee you this though. If I am MISLED again, you will probably have the pleasure of seeing another of my posts. For the record, I don't like being misled by politicians, the media or anyone else. I'm just funny like that.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I do not understand where the implication of being "mislead" is coming from. I do not remember the PN-G public address announcer saying that staying off the field was a UIL issue or rule. All i heard them say was please do not go on the field after the game--and the same thing was put up on the scoreboard. Now, if I missed part of the announcement--then I apologize, but I think the issue of not going on the field being a UIL rule was started on this board. I may be wrong, and if so I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores