FINAL: Brenham 31, Kerrville Tivy 21. Brenham Advances to Div 2 Final

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Can't help but think that the Indians will end up having lost to the 2009 state champion. And that PN-G would be playing for the championship with just a few more good plays against Brenham.

Good look Cubs.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Looking at the brackets ahead of times, Region III was the strongest in Div 2. I expect Brenham to win next week.

Starfire

badndn said:
Aledo is no push over! Ask coach Carey.

I have no doubt that Aledo will be out full force against Brenham this coming week. In the past, I've read a lot on this team and they are always a mixed bag. This year, it's a lot like Canyon Randall vs. Brenham in the volleyball finals - it's up in the air.

The teams Brenham's played since PNG have been very difficult too, and I think you'd have had fun playing them too. Of course one cannot say if the results would be the same, but it is fun to speculate. (yes, at least one game post the PNG game I actually said that Brenham probably would be out because of how things were going down). All that said, I think a lot of what happened the game we played you rubbed off on the Brenham players.

I truly wish you guys the best in all your sports this year - from those I've read up on here, you have been as gracious losers as you were players. Other teams cannot say the same thing (I know some here razz Ty for his comments, but it's minor compared to Angleton nearly getting into a fight with Brenham at the end when they took knee to run out the clock), and I wish they could take a lesson from you. :)

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Thank you Starfire! Despite being a little irritated by Ty's comments for a little while after our game, I really do wish ya'll the best and hope ya'll bring home the Title! I really felt like we had lost to the team that would win it all and I may just be right! It makes the loss a little bit easier to swallow in the end. I'm sure it will be a battle in the trenches, because Aledo is a great team too. I had never heard of them before until we hired Coach Carey (our Asst Head Coach), and it just goes to prove the caliber of coaches we have now! Well, good luck to the Cubs, I'll be watching from home! BTW...anyone know if the game is gonna be televised?

Starfire

NDNmom91 said:
Thank you Starfire! Despite being a little irritated by Ty's comments for a little while after our game, I really do wish ya'll the best and hope ya'll bring home the Title! I really felt like we had lost to the team that would win it all and I may just be right! It makes the loss a little bit easier to swallow in the end. I'm sure it will be a battle in the trenches, because Aledo is a great team too. I had never heard of them before until we hired Coach Carey (our Asst Head Coach), and it just goes to prove the caliber of coaches we have now! Well, good luck to the Cubs, I'll be watching from home! BTW...anyone know if the game is gonna be televised?

Thank you for the kind compliments. I know that a lot of what Ty said was adrenaline that moment and time, but still lesson learned for all there. ;)

As far as the game, it's possible it'll be televised, but I would presume on KBTX (College Station's channel). It might be on Channel 8 in Houston, which is used sometimes to cover church services on Sundays. I'd just keep in tune to both channels and see it.

I do know for sure it'll be broadcast on KWHI-1280 AM, which has a decent range as far as broadcasting (they were able to be heard in Brenham from Austin when the volleyball team played at state).

Hope this helps out some.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores