Final: Nederland 38, PN-G 28

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
When: September 24, 2021 7:30PM

Where: Indian Stadium, 1401 Merriman St, Port Neches, TX 77651

RADIO: FM 92.5

WEBCAST: www.cool925.com

GAME STREAM: TexanLive.com (subscription or game pass required)

All-Time Numbers (through week 3)
PN-GNederland
Seasons9797
Games Played1005 (#177 all-time in state)1003 (#183)
Wins613 (#58)580 (#99)
Losses359388
Ties3335
District Championships27 (#17)25 (#19)
Playoff Record50-30 (#49)49-36-3 (#50)
State Championships31
10 Win Seasons1616
Winning Percentage (All-time)0.626 (#79)0.596

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
DCTF Prediction

5A DIIPort Neches-Groves (2-1)Nederland (3-0)*Nederland (3-0) favored by 14

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
A bunch of unknowns, but I like our chances. Nederlands lack of offense definitely plays in our favor. I think with our ground game we can come up with a good enough game plan to win. Pressure is all on them and we are at our house..

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that these records are across all classifications over recorded history. That’s over 1100+ schools. In the case of district championship rankings, multiple schools may share the same number but overall, relative ranking is accurate. PNG’s total is equal to the 17th highest number of championships. Record source is the legendary Texas football historian Joe Lee Smith. Last time I spoke with him he was very familiar with and a fan of PNG football history.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
People forget what an amazing history this school has. The mantra of Honor, Pride, Tradition are very real.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I have to work tomorrow night so Ill be listening to Lance and Francis over on 92.5. They have really become very good at covering the games for us.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A bunch of unknowns, but I like our chances. Nederlands lack of offense definitely plays in our favor. I think with our ground game we can come up with a good enough game plan to win. Pressure is all on them and we are at our house..
Definitely but it boils down to some simplicities. Execute your assignment, win the battle against the man in front of you, hang on to the ball, avoid infractions and execute each play like it’s the most critical of the game. One play at a time, 100% effort.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Do Nederland fans still bark like they used to? :)

I wonder if any of the players still growl and snarl.

Always got a good laugh out of both. :D

Purple Dog

For all you Midcounty sports fans I want to announce that Buck Ford has a Southeast Texas Pod Cast site. If you go to www.Wrinklefordcreativearts.com you can hear it. It is filled with Nederland and Port Neches football stories . This week it features how the 1974 PNG Indians advanced past Bi District for the time since the 1955 team won state . It is called Down Trails of Victory. They interview Leon Fuller. Wade Phillips, Matt Burnett ,Barbara Comeaux, Jeff Bergeron and others .

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I have listened to both coach Burnett’s and Jeff Bergeron’s interview. I will just say that listening to these men and the stories of PN-G lore and history is solid gold. It made me remember long ago times and reinforced how special those times were. It was like sitting around a camp fire or table listening to great family stories being passed down to younger generations. Coach Burnett lived, breathed and bled purple and white all his life and still does. He talks about growing up on Riffle street between the river and stadium and about the Port Neches community and it was like going back in time to a better place. He is still the quintessential PNG Indian and always will be. The community needs this man and others like him to always be a part of things.

Jeff Bergeron spoke for over 3 hours about his amazing football career but even more impressive was his character and commitment to his family, the district and community.

These two men are builders of the community and traditions that we all covet. They are part of living history and we better honor and appreciate it as long as we all can.

I plan to listen to all the podcasts. It is good for the heart and soul. At least for those of us that bleed purple and white. These interviews capture the history that we never want lose or forget and will make it possible for future generations to hear it. Maybe they will pick up on the pride and work ethic needed to become greater than they thought possible.

Thanks to Dr. Ford and Brad Burnett for hosting these podcasts and thank to the men and women who shared their memories.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that’s special about this game for both sides is the great crowds. Neither school ever plays in front of a full stadium unless it’s the Bum Phillips Bowl.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores