FINAL: PN-G 24, Austin LBJ 19

Indian99

500+ Posts
After a few hours of rest, this overzealous fan woke up with a more positive perspective. I can only explain my harsh comments on 5+ decades of being consumed with football and having an eye for seeing what could have been versus just watching the ball. I'm not the only one. Hard core football fans know what I mean. Every decision, every movement, every angle is critical. I just know that the Indians could have played better than they did and it is upsetting when they don't. But they played well enough and won the game. And it was a tremendous win.

The Indians went into that battle 2 touchdown underdogs and a history of outstanding running backs having big games against them. Last year those excellent backs ran all over the defense.

But this 2022 Indian D took punch after punch, broke a few times, but only twice for scores, and made big plays when they needed to. An overall amazing performance against a team that was running up video game scores all season.

The Indian offense could have played better and leveraged their advantage on the line of scrimmage and hung onto the ball more, but they still scored 24 points on a team that had 6 shutouts this season.

What's really encouraging is the Indians did not play their best, but they still beat a team that most didn't think they could beat. There is much room for even better performances. Imagine the potential wins if they can reach their peak of potential performance.
True words on defense! I think their starting position was on our side of the field the whole second half. Kudos to the D for keeping us in the game and holding on to the win for us.

1990NDN

LBJ definitely had some athletes. QB, RBs, Receivers, DBs...they were all great athletes. They were physical as well, BUT they couldn't out physical our D. 2nd half they stacked the box and created issues for us offensively. Our INDIAN team will F-I-G-H-T...just like the song says. We can play defense against anyone. And I still believe just like IndianFan stated..if we are hitting in all cylinders we can beat anyone, including Brehnam and FB Marshall..

Level up fellas!! Another week of Indian football!!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Allright Turnaround is over and I was 9n regular shift last night and watched the game one of only 3 this season. Wow o wow hi great is our defense. Yes miscues hurt our offense. There is no way you can say Coach Joseph had tye wrong game plan. He had this figured out perfectly as to what was needed to win this game. PNGs coaching is awesome. Understand I watched us play PAM, WOS, and Nederland. Man has this team grown. My biggest question is why not run Shane Droddy son more that kid is an animal when he runs. He hits the line fast and never misses his reads. He slides through the hole and is never tackled behind the line or even neat it. Run that kid more.

100+ Posts
Allright Turnaround is over and I was 9n regular shift last night and watched the game one of only 3 this season. Wow o wow hi great is our defense. Yes miscues hurt our offense. There is no way you can say Coach Joseph had tye wrong game plan. He had this figured out perfectly as to what was needed to win this game. PNGs coaching is awesome. Understand I watched us play PAM, WOS, and Nederland. Man has this team grown. My biggest question is why not run Shane Droddy son more that kid is an animal when he runs. He hits the line fast and never misses his reads. He slides through the hole and is never tackled behind the line or even neat it. Run that kid more.
I agree. I'm not throwing stones, kudos to all. Just as a side comment, (not a strategy or anything else but a comment), they could have a fresh pair of legs in the backfield on every play. 33, 3, 32, 30, 19, and I don't know who else. All are capable.
Anyway, all the best to the Indians going forward. Great win last night!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I went to the game and for it’s worth from my fairly decent, possibly above average football knowledge…for a “girl”…I totally agree with the other assessments, definitely some very questionable play calls and miscues in the 2nd half. But in my opinion, the HORRIBLE officiating got Coach Joseph and the team rattled and visibly frustrated to say the least so that seemed to play a big part in the momentum shift. Idk…really hope we don’t get that crew again…ugh! But no excuses cause staying focused and disciplined at all times is CRUCIAL, no matter WHAT! At least our boys didn’t let it get to them like it did LBJ’s #1 at the end though…he sure was holding those middle fingers HIGH for ALL to see and seemed quite proud of himself! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I went to the game and for it’s worth from my fairly decent, possibly above average football knowledge…for a “girl”…I totally agree with the other assessments, definitely some very questionable play calls and miscues in the 2nd half. But in my opinion, the HORRIBLE officiating got Coach Joseph and the team rattled and visibly frustrated to say the least so that seemed to play a big part in the momentum shift. Idk…really hope we don’t get that crew again…ugh! But no excuses cause staying focused and disciplined at all times is CRUCIAL, no matter WHAT! At least our boys didn’t let it get to them like it did LBJ’s #1 at the end though…he sure was holding those middle fingers HIGH for ALL to see and seemed quite proud of himself! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
LBJ's #1 was a poor sport. He shot the finger at our sidelines/coaches and he was mouthing off. I don't know if he was ejected or if he took himself out of the game, but he walked off the field and was yelling at his own LBJ coaches. The other LBJ kids did not give me that vibe, or at least I did not see them act that way. On a downfield block, LBJ's #1 took a swing at PN-G's #2. That right there, told me that he was frustrated with the score 17-6 Indians. At the end of the game, he was walking around with his PN-G is #1 finger. He got flagged, but I did not hear if the referee threw him out of the game? I thought our kids held their composure. I did not see any violations on our part, but I follow the ball with my eyes on most plays so I may have missed something. LBJ suited up about 30-40 kids. The Jags band had 20-25 kids. Not much student participation at LBJ. I salute the kids at LBJ that do participate. Happy to see all the kids at PN-G involved in football, band, Indianettes, cheer, flags, etc. Makes you think of that old banner PN-G used to post at most games...PN-G Has Special Spirit...Pass It On! Go Indians.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
First half was some of the best football I have seen from PNG in as long as I can remember when it comes to a total team performance (i.e., not just offense but offense, defense, and ST). Almost gave the game away in the second half with a combination of (1) re-emergence of the same dumb mistakes that have plagued us all year; (2) questionable play calling (although the overall strategy of ball control was the correct one), and (3) the assistance of terrible officiating. But the defense, in spite of some bending, saved the day!!! Think of what we would be capable of if we actually clean up the mistakes and play well in all phases of the game for 4 quarters!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores