FINAL: PN-G 41, Tyler Chapel Hill 10

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Re: Next Opponent: Tyler Chapel Hill (0-2)

The all white uni's they have now are some I my favorite ever.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

Hated to see Rembert and Keynell (sp) get hurt. Any word on their injuries?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

I saw #2 limp off, but when he took off his helmet, he looked more mad vs. hurt. I thought maybe he just got shook-up or missed an assignment and was upset. I did not see/notice any injuries with #2 or anyone else. On defense, a couple of our kids had some good hits #7, #5, #22, #12...but, I did not see anyone get injured. The Indians do not need any injuries before the district race. Hope all of the kids are OK.

P.S. Proud - the band looked and sounded great.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts

IndianFan said:
Not much game conversation. So whats the verdict? What worked well, what needs more work?
Personally I hate the 1st team still in after wayyyyy ahead. Doesn't give the 2/3 TEAM that works hard to get in which makes moms, pawpaws happy.

Really they practice hard etc... And should play. My God it is HS sports, really think about it. We have 3/4 kids going to small D1 colleges which is GREAT!!! What about the other 51 team members????

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Last game before district, lots of mistakes by the 1st team, maybe the coaches decided they need the work to iron out the kinks. (Which they probably do.)

Mejabo

One reason to keep starters in at the beginning of the season is so they get used to playing a full game. It hurts to have weak opponents, run up the score and your starters are only used to playing 2 and a half quarters or less for multiple games.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Mejabo said:
One reason to keep starters in at the beginning of the season is so they get used to playing a full game. It hurts to have weak opponents, run up the score and your starters are only used to playing 2 and a half quarters or less for multiple games.
:stop:
only experience I have was in 1975 and 1976 when we went 27 and 2, won a State Championship and lost in the semifinals to the State Champ and any time we were 21 point or more up 2/3 team went in.

How did it help? you don't get the star LB hurt for the season! one of the better receivers hurt and when you have to put a 2nd teamer in because someone is hurt they know how to rise to the occasion

Case and point, Ethridege goes down Havard comes in and throws like 3 TDs against I think it was Kashmere.

You get in condition from practice, like WOS does or we did in the day. All the excuses can be argued what CANT is our record, lack of DCs, playoffs runs and any significant titles in Football. Oh and Nederland spanking us year in and year out

keeter

Wow Bark you should offer your expertise to the coaches. No wonder there seems to be people losing interest in participation on this board when you have everything figured out and no know one else can offer their opinion. Yes, just joined, first and last post. Adios, won't bother you anymore.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Meshing and gelling as a team before district must be of no importance, instead, we should act like each game is Little League apparently. Hopefully we get that 22-5A participation trophy at the end of the season!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
keeter said:
Wow Bark you should offer your expertise to the coaches. No wonder there seems to be people losing interest in participation on this board when you have everything figured out and no know one else can offer their opinion. Yes, just joined, first and last post. Adios, won't bother you anymore.

Your opinion and presence is appreciated here. This place was created for you to visit and share thoughts about all things PNG. The problem is some folks forget that 'freedom of expression' goes both ways. People are always going to have varying opinions.

The reason message board's like this are less popular is the existence of 'cooler' forms of social media.

Welcome keeter!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I can appreciate lots of players getting playing time, but at every level I've ever seen, winning is #1. It started from day one with my then 8 year old son and continued until he was 17. Coaches play their top players because they want/need to win. That was also the case during Ethridge's later years when his teams weren't winning.

And in some cases, where a player can achieve records, like an Adam Morse, Caleb Harmon, Chase Betrand, etc they want to stay in the game.

In the case of this team, there are many, many juniors and sophomores starting and getting ample playing time, and they need the playing time together if they're going to grow and have a shot at a DC and the playoffs.

bark

1,000+ Posts
keeter said:
:huh:
Like I posted the ONLY exp I have is from 75,76.

Next question, how could you lose interest if you just joined?

Sorry to have hurt your feelings, I thought this board was for expressing YOUR OPINION. I know you wont reply, you stated so.

I will refrain from posting again. Hope we have a great season!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Come on guys! ;) Opinions are welcomed and appreciated. And that 75-76 perspective is a treasure to be shared with all.

Bark, you're a fixture here and have been for a long time. If you stop posting AND such a trend continues, I may as well shut the doors and turn the lights out.

Let's talk PNG football!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Agreed. All comments, opinions, and perspectives are welcomed. Differences in opinions are the foundations for discussion. Some like the run, others the pass; some like offense, others like defense; some prefer the MB era, others the BF era; and best of all, we are all Indians. Bring back your comments and opinions. Just because you do not agree with something or someone, that doesn't mean all is lost. Post away. Say what you like and dislike.

I will say a 21-point lead in 1974-1977 is different from a 21-point lead in 2000 and beyond. With more and more teams throwing the ball, a 21-point lead can vanish in no time. Scoring is up, way up. 21-points was a big deal in the run-heavy offenses of the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. Now, teams score 21-points in a quarter. In a perfect world, all kids would get to play. But, in an era where points are scored non-stop, play the best kids you can put on the field. Injuries happen. We have starters on special teams; they could get hurt running down a kick-off. It happens. All you can do is turn to the back-up and say, "next man up...go make a play."

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Agreed. All comments, opinions, and perspectives are welcomed. Differences in opinions are the foundations for discussion. Some like the run, others the pass; some like offense, others like defense; some prefer the MB era, others the BF era; and best of all, we are all Indians. Bring back your comments and opinions. Just because you do not agree with something or someone, that doesn't mean all is lost. Post away. Say what you like and dislike.

I will say a 21-point lead in 1974-1977 is different from a 21-point lead in 2000 and beyond. With more and more teams throwing the ball, a 21-point lead can vanish in no time. Scoring is up, way up. 21-points was a big deal in the run-heavy offenses of the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. Now, teams score 21-points in a quarter. In a perfect world, all kids would get to play. But, in an era where points are scored non-stop, play the best kids you can put on the field. Injuries happen. We have starters on special teams; they could get hurt running down a kick-off. It happens. All you can do is turn to the back-up and say, "next man up...go make a play."

Go Indians. Peace.

+1

png66

Nice post 89. Bark makes some nice posts but he is still basing everything off of the 75 and 76 teams. Like you pointed out times have changed. Imagine what I have seen from 1953 through the now. Does anyone have information on injuries to McZeall and the LB. Wish I had known you were going to be there in Lufkin. We drove down from Dallas to see the game.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
McZeal is going to be out I am hearing 6-8 weeks. Remebernt dont know yet Ill check into it

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Tough pill to swallow on McZeal. But if 6 weeks is the case, he'll have a game or so to get back to game speed for the playoffs. Here's to the guys staying healthy from here on out!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores