Finally, Some Love from Dave Campbell...New Top 25 Rankings

BIG ATT

The new Top 25 was posted today for the week of 11-1-09 on www.texasfootball.com and Dave Campbell has finally decided to give the Indians some love. We are now ranked #21 according to Mr. Campbell. Way to go Big Purple!!!

Class 4A Week 10 Rankings
# School ('09 Record) Result
1 (1) Lake Travis (9-0; 5-0) W: 52-0, Dripping Springs
2 (2) Denton Guyer (9-0; 6-0) W: 54-21, Wichita Falls
3 (3) Longview (9-1; 6-0) W: 56-7, Longview Pine Tree
4 (4) Waxahachie (9-0; 6-0) W: 21-14, Corsicana
5 (5) Angleton (9-0; 6-0) W: 35-14, Santa Fe
6 (6) Highland Park (8-1; 6-0) W: 63-42, Rockwall
7 (7) Aledo (8-1; 56-0) W: 34-9, Mineral Wells
8 (8) Brenham (7-1; 5-0) W: 45-14, Magnolia
9 (9) Denison (8-1; 6-0) W: 56-17, Frisco Centennial
10 (10) Abilene Cooper (6-3; 4-0) W: 21-7, Wolfforth Frenship
11 (11) Lake Dallas (8-1; 5-1) W: 48-3, Denton
12 (12) Denton Ryan (8-1; 5-1) W: 48-20, The Colony
13 (13) Cibolo Steele (7-2; 5-1) W: 48-0, Seguin
14 (14) Waco Midway (7-1; 4-1) W: 20-17, Waco
15 (15) Big Spring (8-1; 3-1) W: 43-2, San Angelo Lake View
16 (16) Stephenville (7-2; 6-0) W: 49-21, Arlington Seguin
17 (17) SA Alamo Heights (7-2; 6-0) W: 41-16, Kerrville Tivy
18 (19) CC Flour Bluff (8-1; 6-0) W: 35-14, CC Tuloso-Midway
19 (21) CC Calallen (8-1; 5-1) W: 26-13, Kingsville King
20 (22) Birdville (9-0; 6-0) W: 50-28, Brewer
21 (N/A) Port Neches-Groves (9-0; 6-0) W: 35-21, Beaumont Ozen
22 (23) Gregory-Portland (7-2; 4-1) W: 49-24, CC Moody
23 (25) Houston Yates (8-1; 5-0) W: 48-6, Houston Reagan
24 (20) Texarkana Texas High (5-3; 3-2) W: 12-10, Hallsville
25 (24) Everman (7-2; 5-1) W: 27-20, Mansfield Timberview

Breakdown: Class 4A continues to be the most difficult class to rank, as a number of teams continue their push for the polls, only to be denied by a firm upper crust that just refuses to lose. Playoff-bound Port Neches-Groves, at 9-0, is making its debut at the expense of Sulphur Springs, which is on the verge of missing the postseason after winning last year's DII championship -- a loss on the road to Hallsville (as a 7-point favorite) would knock it out of the playoff picture. But this class has a number of qualified teams that should be somewhere on this page: Carrollton Newman-Smith (7-2), Marshall (6-3), Richardson Pearce (6-3), El Campo (7-1), Sherman (8-1), Mission (8-1), Dallas Carter (7-2), Crosby (7-2), Hereford (8-1) ... the list goes on and on. 4A tends to be rather Metroplex-heavy, as so many star players and powerful teams hail from that area, but by my count, 16 of our top 25 teams are from a different region of the state; that's the kind of balance this class has been missing as of late. One team that was on the bubble last week and has fallen off is Kerrville Tivy -- the Antlers made a splash last week by toppling Cibolo Steele, but a blowout loss to Alamo Heights this week has sent us back into confusion ... and Tivy down the standings. Week 10 is going to give us a rare dose of ranked (or close to it) matchups -- Denison hosts Sherman, Midway hosts Waxahachie, Alamo Heights travels to Cibolo Steele, Denton Ryan hosts Denton Guyer, Aledo is at Birdville and Port Neches-Groves is at Beaumont Central. As of right now, we think we know who the top 25 teams are -- but this weekend could impact that picture significantly.
Dropped out: Sulphur Springs

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
I thought I would share their thoughts about the 4-A rankings as well. I hope when all is said and done, that CROW is too big for them to eat. KEEP IT UP INDIANS! GREAT JOB!

Breakdown: Class 4A continues to be the most difficult class to rank, as a number of teams continue their push for the polls, only to be denied by a firm upper crust that just refuses to lose. Playoff-bound Port Neches-Groves, at 9-0, is making its debut at the expense of Sulphur Springs, which is on the verge of missing the postseason after winning last year's DII championship -- a loss on the road to Hallsville (as a 7-point favorite) would knock it out of the playoff picture. But this class has a number of qualified teams that should be somewhere on this page: Carrollton Newman-Smith (7-2), Marshall (6-3), Richardson Pearce (6-3), El Campo (7-1), Sherman (8-1), Mission (8-1), Dallas Carter (7-2), Crosby (7-2), Hereford (8-1) ... the list goes on and on. 4A tends to be rather Metroplex-heavy, as so many star players and powerful teams hail from that area, but by my count, 16 of our top 25 teams are from a different region of the state; that's the kind of balance this class has been missing as of late. One team that was on the bubble last week and has fallen off is Kerrville Tivy -- the Antlers made a splash last week by toppling Cibolo Steele, but a blowout loss to Alamo Heights this week has sent us back into confusion ... and Tivy down the standings. Week 10 is going to give us a rare dose of ranked (or close to it) matchups -- Denison hosts Sherman, Midway hosts Waxahachie, Alamo Heights travels to Cibolo Steele, Denton Ryan hosts Denton Guyer, Aledo is at Birdville and Port Neches-Groves is at Beaumont Central. As of right now, we think we know who the top 25 teams are -- but this weekend could impact that picture significantly.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
Sorry ATT, I don't know why I didn't see the 4-A breakdown at the end of your post when I first looked at it. I'll go get my eyes checked.

BIG ATT

That's ok. I was wondering why you did that. I thought maybe you just wanted to highlite in bold purple letters "Port Neches Groves"...

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I think that the only reason DC decided to list us is the fact that countless NDN fans wrote to DC and expressed their disfavor with the rankings. I guess us NDN's had to get in there to create more diversity for his poll.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I take exception to the phrase "at the expense of Sulphur Springs". We have earned our way to where we are at! If someone else "lost" their way that's their problem. Nobody gave us anything!!

nederbulldogs#1

Dave Campbell also picked Vidor to win our district, didn't happen. Don't take stock in any of the polls just keep winning. :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Once again, Mr. Campbell's rankings take a hit as #2 Denton Guyer gets hammered by Denton Ryan 50-29. Way to go Dave!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Mr. Dave Campbell is still involved at that level. Isn't Pigskin Prep the organization that handles the rankings, etc?

NDN79

500+ Posts
If this is true, then perhaps their name better suits them for hog-calling contests, or maybe a bacon eating competition!! :woohoo:

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I don't think Mr. Dave Campbell is still involved at that level. Isn't Pigskin Prep the organization that handles the rankings, etc?

It don't care. His name is still "plastered" all over it. If his name is going to be on it, I'm holding him accountable for it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores