First game in new the stadium... Should we have waited?

Should we have waited to unveil a 100% completed stadium?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Just curious what others think.

Was it rushed? Opening an incomplete stadium, on top of Homecomming and 6 days after the MCM game? Do you think that played any part in the performance last night? Was it too much pressure for the kids?

Or - was it what the kids & community needed? Finally being able to play a home game?

NDN X

100+ Posts
just wondering....how much longer til it is 100 % complete. This season? One more game? It was nice to finally be at home.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The note my kid brought home from school from Randall said the official grand opening will come in next yrs season.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
one thing that might need to be addressed is the small lip before get to the steps. i has at the stadium before the kickoff handing out stuff for neches credit union and i saw several people trip and fall or just stumble on it and actually saw an older gentleman fall and bust his face after the game was over someone is going to really get hurt if they dont fix it.

NDN X

100+ Posts
pngbax20 said:
one thing that might need to be addressed is the small lip before get to the steps. i has at the stadium before the kickoff handing out stuff for neches credit union and i saw several people trip and fall or just stumble on it and actually saw an older gentleman fall and bust his face after the game was over someone is going to really get hurt if they dont fix it.

I posted the same thing on a different thread Bax....I myself stumbled on the way in and saw the man fall on his way out. He said he was ok, but did hit his mouth on the concrete. Somebody really needs to talk to maint. about this. Painting it yellow or some bright color may help coming in, but on the way out is another story.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
it serves no purpose and for that matter the 2 steps dont either. but since its there i think they should paint it yellow or something maybe some signs.but either way something needs to be done.before anybody else gets hurt.i heard a rumor about them putting tv monitors above the concession.Can anybody shed some light on the matter that would help. one thing i talked to alot of people about was the lack of walking room under the stands because of the lines.maybe they should install the line former like they had at astroworld. i think that would free up the clutter under the stands.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I personally think it is sad that they are not letting any of the underclass football teams play in the new stadium. I also think that the Freshman and JV football teams deserve to play at home in their new stadium. JMO

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Cheermom4 said:
I personally think it is sad that they are not letting any of the underclass football teams play in the new stadium. I also think that the Freshman and JV football teams deserve to play at home in their new stadium. JMO

Where are they playing?

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Cheermom4 said:

Where are they playing?

Well they are playing almost all away games from what my girls have said.

akifan94

500+ Posts
I think it was good the kids got to play homecoming at home. The only issue I had were the hordes of little kids cutting in line while trying to get a drink and link. They need something to organize the lines at the concession stand and maybe a little voice hole like at a bank instead of having to bend down to my waist to order under the glass.

80sPurple

The freshman were told they would not play any games at home this year. You would think they would atleast let them play one at home.

NDNMom83

I hate the all away games for JV as well, but at least the freshmen got to play Nederland our JV didn't even have the opportunity :punchingbag:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I think it is all really sad for the under classmen football players and cheerleaders. I never understood why the JV didn't play Nederland when the Freshman did.

NDNMom83

From what I heard it was a decision made by the district coaches and that MB was the only coach who voted for the JV game to take place the week of MCM

setxsports

I think it would have been better if they would have waited because it would look nice to see all the stuff done and it would make it a great atmosphere out there for the football players, coaches, and the fans.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores