First Home Game events

purple proud

I'm curious about if anyone has decided on what the pregame festivities will be on the first home game? Everyone will be anticipating what the staff might do with our new scoreboard and the new technology it has. Just a thought. Went to a Houston Astros game and they had a 4-5 minute history of all the Astro's up to present with some great music. Cannot wait to see GO INDIANS

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It should be homecoming, which has quite a bit of festivities in it's own right. Maybe they'll come up with something else too.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
As I think I have mentioned on a previous post, I think the district should take entries from students for the "jumbotron" opening. It would be a great project to involve some of the art students and an honor for one of these students project to be chosen. It would also be a great opportunity for the high school to showcase the talent of nonathletic students.

I hope someone has thought ahead to put something together that would showcase all of the accomplishments that the Indians have made over the years. The number of district championships, the number of playoff appearances, the attendance records, and the state championships. That should be a great montage to play before the runthrough. Would add to the intimidation from a visitor's stand point. :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

NDN X

100+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
I hope someone has thought ahead to put something together that would showcase all of the accomplishments that the Indians have made over the years. The number of district championships, the number of playoff appearances, the attendance records, and the state championships. That should be a great montage to play before the runthrough. Would add to the intimidation from a visitor's stand point. :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

hope someone involved has thought of that or at least reads your post!!

NDN X

100+ Posts
nissanindian said:
It would be so cool to have a sky diver like lumberton did to bring in the game ball :popcorn: should be an awesme time

what about indianken skydive in with the ball? :eek: or maybe as many past indian spirits as they can find all come back and present the first game ball ;) you know that first game is gonna be one to dust off the video camera for!

NDN X

100+ Posts
ok, lets get some feed back on the game ball thing..........what are some crazy ideas on bringing in the first game ball? This will be fun to think about!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
It would be nice to see past Indian football players of State Championship teams present the game ball to the team at the new stadium as prehaps a sign of many more champions to come.

I pray :angel: that school officials are planning something and this event will not come and go with little or no fanfare!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Ideas:

1. First present some historical video showing the history of the stadium(s) and past great teams. Contact Beau Freyou, the genius behind the PNG football video, for ideas and possible use of some of his video.
2. Invite former great players and former coaches Ken Watson, Doug Ethridge and any other key personalities for a midfield dedication/ceremony.
3. At the end of it all, before kickoff, release mass quantities of helium filled purple and white balloons while playing CHEROKEE over the stadium speakers while the crowd ROARS. ;D

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN X said:
I like it!!!
I love it! I'll help, too.....what do y'all say that some of us on this website do something also? PNGfan93 makes great video, maybe a video of this new construction beginning with the fallen stadium to the completed new one?

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Just a thought from across the tracks...

Would it be appropriate to have a representative group of Native Americans make some sort of dedication/presentation on the big night? Or maybe to have the PNG Administration/Coaches or whomever make a special tribute to the Native American people.

I think this would also help serve to convince the ones who think the Indian theme is being used in a negative way and as a slur on Native Americans, that in-fact there is much respect paid to them.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
WOW! Out of all these great ideas for The New Reservations first game activities......I like yankeedawg's most of all.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think that may may be opening up a can of worms that isn't necessary. More than likely it would generate a political firestorm. IMO bringing in past players and coaches, recognizing some history and dedicating the stadium to future generation is more than enough. Those things are our roots. :thumbsup:

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I think that may may be opening up a can of worms that isn't necessary. More than likely it would generate a political firestorm. IMO bringing in past players and coaches, recognizing some history and dedicating the stadium to future generation is more than enough. Those things are our roots. :thumbsup:

:sorry: just trying to be helpful and throw some ideas around.
2.gif

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores