Football Banquet

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I'd like to propose using Coach Faircloth's name when referring to him. "CBF" seems a little informal.
I agree. Others have been using CBF (Chief/Coach Brian Faircloth) just as a shortcut and it seems funny that the first time I do it, I get called on it. Excuse me....I am sure Coach Faircloth knows I meant no disrespect--just the opposite, in fact.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
On message boards, with the popularity of texting, and trying to save space and time, I used CBF (Coach Brandon Faircloth ... but I like Squaw's interpretation better, Chief Brandon Faircloth :) ... has a better Indian sound). I sometimes use initials, acronyms, abbreviations, and texting symbols. I will type his name. If one person may find it disrespectful then others may too. No disrespect intended. He's our Chief and he's done an outstanding job on The Reservation. We need to lock him up along with his assistant coaches.

Go Indians. Peace.

P.S. Back on topic ... the football banquet is a great idea. Other sports can (and should) follow suit.

NDN06

100+ Posts
tribesman said:
There used to be an athletic banquet every year for all sports. Could someone tell us if this still takes place ? The football banquet would be only for football. The banquet has nothing to do with the Booster Club. It would be put on by the football staff. Coach Faircloth said that he would try to book a local hotel for this banquet. The MCM Elegante' would probably accomodate the crowd.

I'm not sure how they do all the sports banquets, but when I ran track a few years back we had an athletic banquet at the end of each year for the spring sports, so I would imagine they do something special for the fall sports as well.

I like that this banquet will be football only, these young men have worked very hard and accomplished so much and should be recognized for it, and it's great that their coaches want to put this on for them.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I can. Tickets are $25 and will go on sale to the general public on Monday Dec 21st. Booster Club members can get theirs now (I have mine already). You can get them at the coaches office in the field house.
Dress is semi-formal and it will be held at the Elegante' Hotel.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Great!! Can't wait to get mine! I'm excited, I'll get to wear the dress I wore to my husbands Christmas party again...it's purty :) Then again, I did have my eye on a beautiful purple one :clap:!

NDN411

Banquet tickets are $25 but they go on sale to the public Monday, January 4th. They will not be sold while school is out for the holidays. For information, check the football wepage on pngisd.org.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Well THAT makes perfect sense.

Sorry guys, just told you what my e-mail said. This makes more sense though.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores