For those who remember Banzai . . .

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'm sure you've noticed this when the team runs on the field at the beginning of games this year. For those of you from out of town, enjoy. I think it's the closest to Banzai that we'll see. Last weeks against Barber's Hill was awesome, but I don't have video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1T74VKXpI

NDN53547781

Re: For those who remember Banzai

pngfan93 said:
I'm sure you've noticed this when the team runs on the field at the beginning of games this year. For those of you from out of town, enjoy. I think it's the closest to Banzai that we'll see. Last weeks against Barber's Hill was awesome, but I don't have video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1T74VKXpI
[/quote
I hope Coach will continue to let a player come out like at Willis. I remembe Banzai,course there were a few people (those that PNG beat) didn't care for him. He got the crowd going and that was great.

19cherokee90

I was on the original bonzai team. There was nothing about Ted's antics that taunted the other team or put them down. It was ALL to motivate the kickoff team and the PNG crowd. NEVER did he taunt the opposing team or crowd.

Now, having your entire team take the fifty midfield and taunt the opposing team and crowd....thats going overboard and in my opinion should result in a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Willis did this and last year Brenham did this all while their coaches acted like it was no big deal. When the officials have to keep your team in check and on their side of the field..thats a big no-no. VERY tacky and distasteful.

Our guys who have been stepping through the sign and getting everyone fired up is awesome!! VERY Bonzai Man like....and again...still in good taste. I'd have to say the kid who stepped through this last game against Willis did a great job. He had me fired up thats for sure!!!

Now let the same kid step through our sign and run over taunting the Willis crowd and team and i'd be saying they should have sent him to the field house for the entire game...much less the whole team. Some programs just have NO CLASS.

Adams

IMG_2104.jpg

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
That young man is possibly one of the BEST leaders and motivators I have ever seen on our team! I have been honored to know him since he came into this world! Every Sunday and Wed he is at church, he's usually always helping out with the little kids and they LOVE him! The whole family is AWESOME! His older sister sings in church and all I can say is WOW!! It would be a shame if one of the papers doesn't do an article on him!

Adams

Give me his information and I'll write a story on him. I'll need to speak with him at some point.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores