Freshman game was an embarrassment!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
That makes sense to me (both have to agree). I was just reporting what I heard for what that's worth. I personally don't care who officiates as long as no bias is shown (and we win, of course!! lol).

png tribe

100+ Posts
So this is a football forum, right? Are just suppose to post all the good thing's that happen? Maybe this type of behavior is fine with some of you, but it's not ok with most people. And I have been assured that these action's didn't go unnoticed and there will be consequences. So for the on the one's who didn't see any wrong doing, the coaches seen what I seen.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
png tribe said:
So this is a football forum, right? Are just suppose to post all the good thing's that happen? Maybe this type of behavior is fine with some of you, but it's not ok with most people. And I have been assured that these action's didn't go unnoticed and there will be consequences. So for the on the one's who didn't see any wrong doing, the coaches seen what I seen.

Good ... if the coaches saw what you reported, then offenders need to be disciplined. Nothing wrong with that. And, you're right ... this is a football discussion board. The forum rules allow for discussion of both the good and bad ... although the owner and moderators of the message board will not allow posters to zero-in on a specific player by name, number, or other identifier. They are high school kids; they don't need to be trashed. They are wearing the purple and white and competing; they don't need to be trashed. Likewise, you can question a coaching/teaching decision, but it's not acceptable (or should not be acceptable) to trash a coach/teacher with a personal attack. You are in the majority ... PN-G does not need poor sportsmanship ... if a player is tagged with a personal foul, he or she will be disciplined. Watch any practice ... Coach Faircloth and Coach Barbara Comeaux (girls sports) don't put up with anyone breaking the rules or displaying poor sportsmanship.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
png tribe said:

You'll see a little bit of everything here. Just be ready to back up your point of view with solid logic and reason. ;)

png tribe

100+ Posts
Believe me I am one of PNG's biggest fan's but time's when kid's act a certain way, it bring's a reflection on the whole team and I for one don't condone this. These boy's have come a long way since last year and that is a reflection of the great coaching that they are recieving. I have been to several practice's and am amazed at how well ran these practices are. It look's like a college practice. We definately hired the right group and I hope we don't lose them anytime soon. Possibly after Monday we will not see anymore of this type of garbage anymore. Cheapshotting don't get you anywhere.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
At the Booster Club meeting, BF said he thought the enthusiasm for the Nederland game (freshman) was a little lacking but for the Lumberton game it was there albeit sometimes after the whistle. This morning they impressed on the boys about the unsportmanlike penalties. He also said usually he will sent a player who is thrown out of a game to the locker room. However without mentioned why he said he didn't do that last week. (If you were at the game and saw who was thrown out you might know what he means.) So as was pointed out by several posters on this thread, BF does not allow unsportmanlike activies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores