Friday's Match-ups 01-15-2010 and picks

carzan

500+ Posts
PNG (2-2) @ Lumberton (0-4)
LCM (2-2) @ Vidor (1-3)
Nederland (3-1) @ Livingston (2-2)
Ozen (3-1) @ Central (3-1)

I did better tuesday @ 75% now lets see how we can do for Friday's games. Two of these games will be tough to call but I'll give it a shot!

PNG @ Lumberton - This should not be much of a game based on Lumberton's performance to date. I'll take the Tribe over the Raiders. PNG -15

LCM @ Vidor - Lcm will overpower Vidor inside and run away with this game in the second half. More depth and much more aggressive bigs will be the difference. I'll take the Bears to win easily. LCM -12
Nederland @ Livingston - Nederland's poor outside shooting and ball handling returned to thier game on tuesday when they hosted the Jags. Under the pressure of quickness from opposing guards they seem to fold like a cheap suit. Livingston has just that, quick guards. This is also another game in which Forney will not be able to dominate the inside. I see this as Nederlands only additional loss in the first half of district play. Livingston -5

Ozen @ Central - This one seems to be a bit of a toss up. But I like Ozen to win this contest. I believe there will be more excitement and desire to win out of the Ozen bench and the bench will be key in this one. The performance of the guys coming in off the bench will be critical because both teams will press all night in an attempt to run away with bragging rights of Beaumont. Ball control and the maturity and patience to wait for shots will slowly win out over sheer athletic ability. This is Decarlos Franks' chance to shine again for Ozen and I believe he will take advantage of it. Ozen -2

LCM (2-2) @ Vidor (1-3)
Livingston (2-2) @ Nederland (3-1)

Carzan, I hate to say it but you've got a couple of those backwards! I agree that PNG and LCM will win by landslides. But you have missed the most important factor in the other two games. HOME COURT ADVANTAGE!! The crowd will be enough to help the dogs get past livingston and in the beaumont game, Central will mop the floor with Ozen. Too much incentive for the central coach and kids to let this one get by them.

My picks

PNG by 20
LCM by 10
Nederland by 8
Central by 7

carzan

500+ Posts
transplant tribesman said:
Carzan and Big Chief are both right on 3 picks,Here is what I think will happen. PN-G by 12,LC-M by 8,Livingston by 10,and Central by 4.
Big Chief Tablet said:
LCM (2-2) @ Vidor (1-3)
Livingston (2-2) @ Nederland (3-1)

Carzan, I hate to say it but you've got a couple of those backwards! I agree that PNG and LCM will win by landslides. But you have missed the most important factor in the other two games. HOME COURT ADVANTAGE!! The crowd will be enough to help the dogs get past livingston and in the beaumont game, Central will mop the floor with Ozen. Too much incentive for the central coach and kids to let this one get by them.

My picks

PNG by 20
LCM by 10
Nederland by 8
Central by 7

Great to have some participation!!!

carzan

500+ Posts
I just realized I had the Nederland/Livingston game location wrong. Nederland will be traveling to Livingston for this one. That makes it even more difficult for the dogs since they will have to play the refs up there too. I may need to increase my spread in this one!

carzan said:
I just realized I had the Nederland/Livingston game location wrong. Nederland will be traveling to Livingston for this one. That makes it even more difficult for the dogs since they will have to play the refs up there too. I may need to increase my spread in this one!

I'll still take Nederland! But only to squeak out a win by 2.

carzan

500+ Posts
Ok, I did pretty good with my picks but not with the spreads!!! Gotta love High School Sports!!!!! I wish I could see the film of the Ned/Liv game so I could see how the dogs won that one. That's really a surprise to me!!! Anyway, I gotta work on it for tuesday. Next week will really begin to move the places in this district race! Unfortunately we have the toughest week of anyone!

PNG (2-2) @ Lumberton (0-4) pick PNG -15
LCM (2-2) @ Vidor (1-3) pick LCM -12
Livingston (2-2) @ Nederland (3-1) pick Livingston -5
Ozen (3-1) @ Central (3-1) pick Ozen -2

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores