G-Crew

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Give them time to come around. Last yrs. G-Crew didn't start out as gangbusters, but they got more exciting ea. week.
Besides, cheerleading is not their job.

Also, if you remember last yr., MANY complaints were floating around about the G-Crew taking the attention away from the cheerleaders. Pretty childish I think.!

86ndnfan

In my opinion, the more cheering the better!!! No matter whether from the G-crew or the cheerleaders or Indianettes or even the football players----(who seem to be doing lots of cheering!) In fact, I really loved the signs that the cheerleaders held up saying "PLEASE STAND FOR CHEROKEE".....sometimes I feel like the Lone Ranger when Cherokee is played! They really seemed to get the crowd fired up!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Crazy Indian Fan said:
So far this season the cheer leaders have really stepped it up and constantly try to get people in the game. :woohoo:

BUT someone should tell them that when they coming running to our end of the field and hold up a sign that says "Make Some Noise" the fans will make a lot more noise if we are on defense rather than offense. We don't want to make noise and distract our players when we're on offense. Now, whey they have the ball (the other team) lets all cheer and yell as loud as we can! lol

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Crazy Indian Fan said:
So far this season the cheer leaders have really stepped it up and constantly try to get people in the game. :woohoo:

BUT someone should tell them that when they coming running to our end of the field and hold up a sign that says "Make Some Noise" the fans will make a lot more noise if we are on defense rather than offense. We don't want to make noise and distract our players when we're on offense. Now, whey they have the ball (the other team) lets all cheer and yell as loud as we can! lol

I totally agree. You must be referencing the Vidor game...I was sitting close to the field that game because I got there late, and G-Crew was running with that sign while we are trying to drive the ball.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
squaw said:
Crazy Indian Fan said:

I totally agree. You must be referencing the Vidor game...I was sitting close to the field that game because I got there late, and G-Crew was running with that sign while we are trying to drive the ball.

Yes, someone does need to explain the difference between offense and defense. :huh:

I can't remember if it was the Livingston game or Lumberton, but they were doing the "Thunder" sign while we had the ball. Uh hello, trying to call plays and do a count for the offensive line!!! Please pay attention to the game and who has the ball!

Plus, I wish the band would play more while the other team has the ball; like really loud!! Well, maybe not as loud as Central normally does. Get ready for that the last game of the year.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree with you. The band does need to play louder, especially Cherokee. We can hardly hear them. Also, the minute they get back from their halftime, they all run wild to the restrooms, concession stands, etc., and, God forbid, if we do something to play Cherokee for!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
I agree with you. The band does need to play louder, especially Cherokee. We can hardly hear them. Also, the minute they get back from their halftime, they all run wild to the restrooms, concession stands, etc., and, God forbid, if we do something to play Cherokee for!

I mentioned this in another post. Remember the days when the band & Indianettes had canned drinks passed up to them in the stands by parents & sponsors after the performance and bathroom breaks were allowed in small groups??
I guess this "take the 3rd quarter off" is another one of those "new traditions".

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores