GAME DAY: PN-G Indians (12-1) vs Huntsville Hornets (8-5)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
C'mon Enterprise. We dare you to write the word... I-N-D-I-A-N-S. Ignoring reality doesn't change it. Since 1925 it's the Indians. Acknowledge the team and community. The PA News remembers what the team is called.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I understand the playing, at least in this one. Up 24-6 after the first drive of 2nd half. Huntsville could barely string a drive together on us except for the 17 penalties on that one drive. Would I have liked to see another TD to cap off the game? Of course! Could we have scored 40 tonight? Probably! But we might as well control the ball, control the clock, and roll into the semifinals week while giving literally no tape for our opponents to prep with next week. LFG!!

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
"A Huntsville offense that struggled in the first half began to move the chains in the third quarter. The Hornets worked their way inside PNG’s 35-yard line before facing fourth-and-four. In what can only be described as a gutsy decision, the Hornets faked a field goal, threw the football and picked up a first down by a matter of inches."

Read more at: https://www.panews.com/2023/12/01/i...during-quarterfinals-victory-over-huntsville/

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What a game! Tip of the cap to Huntsville. Region 3 may run through Huntsville in 2024. They played a lot of juniors and sophomores. I think they will return 9 kids on defense next year. The Hornets were physical. The most physical team PN-G has faced since TXC, FBM, and PAM. There is no doubt that the Huntsville Hornets practice hitting. The Indians will have some soreness tomorrow. All that said, PN-G wasn't shy about giving out some licks, too. So proud of our kids. They just kept playing. Good play, bad play, the refs screwing them, it didn't matter. Those Indians just kept coming.

1. Connor Bailey made some beautiful throws. He's already a very good QB. The game is not too fast for him. He's calm under pressure, has poise, and when he needs to throw a laser, he can do it. He's also developed nice touch. That throw to #11 on the out and up go route was beautiful. Bailey could not have handed the ball to #11 any better than he threw that 40-yard bomb. Barring injury, he's going to be a great three-year QB for PN-G.

2. The OL is there when you need them. A reliable group of strong kids. Huntsville was bringing the house and they were physical. The Indian OL did not back down.

3. PN-G's defense is bad ass. But for the refs keeping Huntsville drives alive with BS penalties, the Indian defense was doing its thing. I can't say it enough...that game was physical by both teams. Those Indians will bend, but they don't break and they will hit you!

4. The tush-push, fake power toss QB keeper by Shea Adams was AWESOME! The perfect call at the perfect time.

5. The PN-G coaching staff is top notch. Well prepared, focused, and they always have the Indians ready to play.

6. Did anyone else think that the Huntsville fake field goal holder was past the line of scrimmage when he made the throw that somehow got a first down when the receiver was out of bounds IN FRONT of the first down marker. First, I think the throw was past the line of scrimmage. Thus, an illegal pass. Second, how did the side judge mark the ball at or past the first down marker when the WR caught the ball and fell out of bonds IN FRONT of the line to gain. The refs screwed PN-G on that fake field goal. Also, those refs need appointments at the eye doctor...they can't see HOLDING. #94, #47, and #49 got held all night long. Poor #94 got tackled from behind on the screen pass where the Hornets converted 3rd and forever. #94 was there to make the tackle and the OL tackled him!!!!

7. Anyone else excited to go play Liberty Hill again in the semi-finals? I am. Go Indians.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores