GAMEDAY: PN-G Indians vs. WO-S Mustangs

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Big game tonight!!!! The atmosphere is pretty electric around Port Neches and Groves!!!! The game is near sold out on the home side. should be a capacity crowd tonight. The stage is set!!!!!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
My Impression? I have never in all my years of watching PNG Football have I ever seen so many kids cramping. Turnovers and Penalties killed us. PNG has got to make a change in the defensive coaching. We have not had a defense since Kroeker was ran off. We have got to get away from the soft drills in practice and start conditioning and hard hitting tackling drills. The QB and WR have got to step up in big games, many drop passing and bad throws. We give a team 10 yard passes all night and play action kills us.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I too was at this game - from my viewpoint, they outhit and outplayed us all over the place in everything except dropped touchdown passes, fumbled touchdowns ... We won those categories.

Mejabo

Can't fumble the ball in the end zone, drop touchdown passes on multiple drives and expect to win against a good team. Final score was 28-14 ndnfan

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
We need to shore up the defense.
Too many dropped passes.
Disappointing loss.

Let's rebound and put it on Chapel Hill.

Go NDN's!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The coaches will do their job and get some good use of the off week. The Indians will be ready for Chapel Hill AND District.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
Curious about impressions from those at the game.
If we are as good offensively as we proclaim, how can we only score 14 against a smaller division team with 2 starters returning???????

On defense, fact is the Hancock kid had 182 yards rushing himself, never played a Varsity down???

If you look at it reaiisticly, we got beat on offense, defense, kicking game and turnovers.

Nederland next mountain, we will make it to the playoffs BUT 5 years of Neauman domination is getting old.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A more experienced, talent laden, bigger PN-G team should have scorched a big PN-G brand on the Mustangs. So there's a lot of improvements to be made. It's still early in the season, but the season passes quickly, and there's no time for apathy. Let's hope that this result sets a roaring fire under the players, coaches and fans just as the loss to WO-S in 1999 did.

One report I heard from the game was a lack of enthusiasm from the purple and white people on the field and in the stands. It's time to get rowdy players and fans. Play and cheer like your team and legacy depends on it! Don't rest your laurels on past accomplishments, add to them!

SCALP 'EM!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Indianfan you are absolutely correct I cannot count how many times i saw the Indian players throwing there hands up in the air trying to get the crowd into it. One particular play we were about to defend a 3rd and 15. The players were doing everything they could to get the crowd into it but nothing total silence. Noone responded. Noone.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores