GMS Coaches

mdog

pngpassion, by what i am reading on this board, i don't think you will get the wish of reviewing the middle school coaches. a very qualified varsity coach who was caught in the change over was to be reassigned to GMS as the head coach, was denied the head coaches pay. I have read on this board that he won't do the job, if he doesn't get his rightful pay. Do you blame him? I don't think we would be getting our new coach if we offered him an assistants pay. I truly think you have a good point on checking the middle school coaches qualifications. These are my oppinions. Now everyone can blast me if they want to.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
i will be the first to blast you, you have no idea what you are talking about. :crazy: Just kidding. how are you doing. I totally agree with you, Mdog. There is something truly wrong with the situation at the middle schools. I cannot believe something has not been done with this.

mdog

Hey Mod, It seems this situation would be addressed if it is true what i am hearing about how much interest our new coach says he has in the whole program. I would think he would want to have some of the best coaches at this level to provide these kids with the knowledge of at least the basics of his new offensive scheme.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
Cheermom4 said:
PNGWin said:
If you think Port Neches does not have gangs you are blind. Talk to a high school student they will tell you the truth. I went to pick my son up from a dance at the high school and there was a huge gang fight outside. There were hispanic youth in white t-shirts fighting and taunting other students.

I can attest that their are gangs in PNGISD, just as their is underage drinking and drugs in our district as well. We can only hope that we have taught our kids to live above the influence and not stick our heads in the sand and think that it isn't happening here.

I'm proud to say that Mr. Keith has done an exceptional job controlling these problems at the high school. He has cracked down on the "troublemakers," and I am glad to say that the situation has improved greatly since he took over. I can only hope that the other principals follow his example.

From what I hear he doesn't put up with "troublemakers". and is a disciplinarian.

bandkid

Staff member
Justafan said:
bandkid said:
Cheermom4 said:
PNGWin said:
If you think Port Neches does not have gangs you are blind. Talk to a high school student they will tell you the truth. I went to pick my son up from a dance at the high school and there was a huge gang fight outside. There were hispanic youth in white t-shirts fighting and taunting other students.

I can attest that their are gangs in PNGISD, just as their is underage drinking and drugs in our district as well. We can only hope that we have taught our kids to live above the influence and not stick our heads in the sand and think that it isn't happening here.

I'm proud to say that Mr. Keith has done an exceptional job controlling these problems at the high school. He has cracked down on the "troublemakers," and I am glad to say that the situation has improved greatly since he took over. I can only hope that the other principals follow his example.

From what I hear he doesn't put up with "troublemakers". and is a disciplinarian.

Correct. It's about time, too.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
The coaches at the middle school level were evaluated. That's why he tried to make the change at Groves. There will be a change at PN also. Coach Wallace will not be at Groves Middle School next year. He is leaving the district but no one knows where he is going or they just aren't saying.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Former NDNette said:
The coaches at the middle school level were evaluated. That's why he tried to make the change at Groves. There will be a change at PN also. Coach Wallace will not be at Groves Middle School next year. He is leaving the district but no one knows where he is going or they just aren't saying.

I have been reading about this mess and I still have not figured out what is going on or went on. This is what I THINK I know. Someone please correct me if I got something wrong.

1. Coach Wallace was moved to GMS to take over as head coach.
2. The GMS principal refused to pay Wallace as the head coach and elected to not strip the outgoing head coach of his extra pay. This is where I am confused. Did he refuse to take it away just for the remainder of this year or was this an issue that included next year? Again, I am not making accusations, just restating what has been posted on here.
3. Coach Wallace has now chosen to leave the district and we are still going to have the same coaching staff?

Anyone?

tribesman

100+ Posts
akifan94,

It is true that Coach Wallace is gone. The principal at GMS was going to honor the current head coaches contract for NEXT year and Wallace would not get that stipend until 2010-2011 school year. The district should have stepped up and gave both coaches the pay. I believe the amount is around $2500 each. However, I attended the booster club meeting on Monday and feel better about the whole middle school situation. I think that these schools are being monitored closely. After discussing all of the incoming coaches and giving their bio's, Coach Faircloth said that every one of the new coaches are working with the 7th, 8th, and 9th graders EVERY day along with the high school kids. After some research, I believe that this mess at GMS occurred mostly due to the friendship of the principal and the head coach. As many of us have expressed on this board, someone "higher up" should have stepped in and solved this problem.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
One other thing, I have no idea about the closeness between the head coach at GMS and the principal. Don't know what went on over there only what I've heard.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
tribesman said:
akifan94,

It is true that Coach Wallace is gone. The principal at GMS was going to honor the current head coaches contract for NEXT year and Wallace would not get that stipend until 2010-2011 school year. The district should have stepped up and gave both coaches the pay. I believe the amount is around $2500 each. However, I attended the booster club meeting on Monday and feel better about the whole middle school situation. I think that these schools are being monitored closely. After discussing all of the incoming coaches and giving their bio's, Coach Faircloth said that every one of the new coaches are working with the 7th, 8th, and 9th graders EVERY day along with the high school kids. After some research, I believe that this mess at GMS occurred mostly due to the friendship of the principal and the head coach. As many of us have expressed on this board, someone "higher up" should have stepped in and solved this problem.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim or is this speculation?? Before I start running down someone on a message board I think I'd have hard evidence.
Just because this is a message board and you fill like you can write anything remember the persons involved can come after you for slander.

I personally have no fight in this, but I cannot stand when people become keyboard warriors.

I am sitting here thinking how glad I am not a admin in the PNG district. We sit back and want to blame them for everything that goes wrong. What is wrong with society today is not the schools, its the lazy *** parents who doesn't want to deal with there kids, and what I see around here is there kids are perfect and do no wrong. WAKE the hell up and start being parents and disclipine the kids. I don't blame it all on the kids for the way they act, I blame the parents. Go to a football game, a baseball game or even the Mall and watch how some of these parents act. I can see why they act the way they do, they watch there role models "There Parents".

Sorry for the Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

NDNPARENT

i agree justafan.. i was upset with the board decision on the ADA situration at the football stadium , that i called the super. and emailed my disappointment and she turn that in her report along with aother person concerns. they called a special meeting this past tuesday and resolved the situration.

tribesman

100+ Posts
This is addressed to justafan. First of all, I am not a party involved in this sad situation. Secondly, I would never post something like this on this board if I was unsure that the subject matter was not 110 % factual. I have too much respect for this board and some of the things that our members have accomplished to ever compromise it's integrity. I feel that this situation should be made public and I also feel that this is some of the same "good ol' boy" mess that we are trying to put in the past. I am totally confident that Coach Faircloth will do his best to change some of these "age-old" ways, but he will never have total freedom or control and probably shouldn't. I guess my biggest gripe is that when this situation was brought to the attention of the administration, nothing was done about it. I know David Wallace, but haven't spoken to him during this whole mess. I was asked to post the initial comment, (by another person in the trenches), on the board to make people aware of the situation and possibly prevent this type of thing from happening in the future. I am thrilled about the changes in PNG-ISD and thrilled to live here. We just need to stop things like this from repeatedly happening behind the scenes and not making the taxpayers aware of them.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I'm at the high school quite often, and the assistant principals are in charge of the disclipline along with Mr. Keith. I can promise you that every effort is being taken to get a handle on the trouble makers. Not only are they getting tickets from the police department for Disruption of class, possession of lighters, DOC-language, DOC-fighting, and whatever else can be done. The school also punishes them depending on the level of offense whether it be ISS, Suspension, alternative school, boot camp, etc.. If you agree or not, the high school is doing thier part in curbing the known problems. With the help of the entire student body, teachers, and parents, the problems will dwindle drastically. Anyways had to get that out.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Crack down on them and never let up.
I agree. I taught in a school district and watched it go downhill because admin didn't support the teachers and were afraid of the parents. I believe that if the standards are kept high for ALL students, troublemakers removed (to wherever is appropriate) and teacher morale is high we will keep our district as great as its always been. If a particular problem occurs with a student and parents say "we're gonna sue", the response should be "go ahead".

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
I agree. I taught in a school district and watched it go downhill because admin didn't support the teachers and were afraid of the parents. I believe that if the standards are kept high for ALL students, troublemakers removed (to wherever is appropriate) and teacher morale is high we will keep our district as great as its always been. If a particular problem occurs with a student and parents say "we're gonna sue", the response should be "go ahead".

For the most part, that's the mentality. We had a fight this year in B-hall and a teacher and a coach grabbed both kids and personally drug them down to the office, where the assistant principals took over. I'm glad to say that it has been one of only two fights to take place at the high school this year. In contrast, a few years ago, fights took place on campus nearly once a week in one form or another, and teacher intervention was rare. The teachers often waited until an assistant principal or the campus cop showed up to handle it.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

For the most part, that's the mentality. We had a fight this year in B-hall and a teacher and a coach grabbed both kids and personally drug them down to the office, where the assistant principals took over. I'm glad to say that it has been one of only two fights to take place at the high school this year. In contrast, a few years ago, fights took place on campus nearly once a week in one form or another, and teacher intervention was rare. The teachers often waited until an assistant principal or the campus cop showed up to handle it.
Better to be proactive, rather than reactive!! Great news.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores