harmon an lu card??

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Seeing Caleb play for the Cards would be awesome. I think the more local talent that is on the team, the more the local crowd will attend. I know I would.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Seeing Caleb play for the Cards would be awesome. I think the more local talent that is on the team, the more the local crowd will attend. I know I would.

Sadly, Lamar doesn't think like that.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
lu cards said:
when you add the walk-ons and scholarships up half of lamar team is local.what more do you want?

That's what they're wanting..."walk-ons". So they don't have to pay for their education. They're getting the majority of their players elsewhere

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:

I totally agree! I hope Harmon will join the Cardinals, I just love watching him play with all that heart! Honestly, as an LU student I wouldn't be as likely to go see a game unless there were some Indians to watch. I don't bleed red, I bleed PURPLE!

badndn

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
lu cards said:
when you add the walk-ons and scholarships up half of lamar team is local.what more do you want?
That's what they're wanting..."walk-ons". So they don't have to pay for their education. They're getting the majority of their players elsewhere
:huh:
Of the 22 signees on Wed., 11 were from the greater Houston area including the GT. 5 of those were from SETX (GT and Dayton area). So 50% from Houston and GT??? So they are actually getting an even mix of their players from here and elsewhere.

If you really think that there are 60+ DI football players from SETX this year that would sign with LU you could be delusional. ;D

I think Woodard is doing a very good job of balancing it out.

NDN06

100+ Posts
I think that Proud is just saying that perhaps Lamar is hoping for some of the locals (who are going to Lamar anyway) to walk-on instead of awarding them scholarships. It'd be a good way for Lamar to get some great talent at a discount! Not necessarily that the whole team should consist of locals (that would be silly).

NDN06

100+ Posts
AMEN to that! He's not just talented on the field, but he has enough smarts to make acedemic All-State as well... that deserves a scholarship SOMEWHERE

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN06 said:
I think that Proud is just saying that perhaps Lamar is hoping for some of the locals (who are going to Lamar anyway) to walk-on instead of awarding them scholarships. It'd be a good way for Lamar to get some great talent at a discount! Not necessarily that the whole team should consist of locals (that would be silly).

That's exactly what I'm saying, and I know that to be a fact (per player's dad).

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
That's a big game to open with. I would think that MN would be thier biggest rival. Wouldn't they be in the same division (conference)?

lu cards

100+ Posts
harmon signed with the cards today!!!3 indians in 2 years.heard they offered another indian but he decided not play at the next level.dont be surprised to see 1 more make it as a walk-on.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Great! We will go watch LU if Harmon plays there. I was a student at LU when they dissolved the football program because they were 5 million in debt and always believed that if more local boys played for Lamar, they would've had more attendance at their games. I've seen some great football players come out of SETX so I don't buy the excuse that they can't win if they have a lot of SETX players. What LU needed before was a coach and fans.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
I've seen some great football players come out of SETX so I don't buy the excuse that they can't win if they have a lot of SETX players. What LU needed before was a coach and fans.
Your correct,
McNeese has proven that theory wrong since LU dissolved football. McNeese has won big with SETX talent over the last two decades!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores