Harmon passes another great PNG rusher

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian RB Caleb Harmon gained 140 tough yards against Central to bring his 10 game season total to 1,607 yards. He bypassed Jeff Bergeron on the all-time season rushing yardage list and is approaching Gordpn LeBoeuf's 1954 total.

Top 5 All-Time Season Rushing Totals
Gordon LeBoeuf (1955) - 2,150
Gordon LeBoeuf (1954) - 1,659
Caleb Harmon - (2009) - 1,607*
Jeff Bergeron (1971) - 1,550
Ron McGill (1989) - 1,493

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A long playoff run and he has a shot at #1. But of course rushing records aren't the focus of the team. Just an interesting fact for fans to enjoy.

Way to go Indians!

ndn78

100+ Posts
I have known Caleb a while ,we text each other before and after each game. He never takes credit and puts it all on his teammates for what he has accomplished.

If this young man does not get a scholarship it will be a crime. He is a class act as well as the rest of his team. Since becoming and Indian in 1974 Caleb is in my top 5 for talent, being unselfish and an all around great young man!

CrazyHorse

I agree. He truly is. In fact, there are so many young guys on this team that are great young men. I asked Caleb if he would come to my 6 year olds birthday party. It was a PNG Indians themed party. I asked him to ask a few friends if he didnt mind. I figured he'd show up with one of his friends. He brought with him a whole host of Indians that made the party very fun and more than my son could have imagined. In fact, I will thank each one of them by name in a separate post.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
CrazyHorse said:
I agree. He truly is. In fact, there are so many young guys on this team that are great young men. I asked Caleb if he would come to my 6 year olds birthday party. It was a PNG Indians themed party. I asked him to ask a few friends if he didnt mind. I figured he'd show up with one of his friends. He brought with him a whole host of Indians that made the party very fun and more than my son could have imagined. In fact, I will thank each one of them by name in a separate post.

How awesome is that. I am sure your son loved every minute of it.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
I think it shows that we have an awesome group of kids. For a teenager to take time out of his day (friends, girls, sports, etc.) to go to a 6 year old's birthday party is testament to this.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian RB Caleb Harmon gained 205 yards against Barbers Hill to bring his 11 game season total to 1,802 yards. He bypassed Gordon LeBoeuf's 1954 total on the all-time season rushing yardage list, and needs 348 yards to surpass LeBoeuf's 1955 total. Harmon is averaging 163.8 yards per game.

Top 5 All-Time Season Rushing Totals
Gordon LeBoeuf (1955) - 2,150
Caleb Harmon - (2009) - 1,802*
Gordon LeBoeuf (1954) - 1,659
Jeff Bergeron (1971) - 1,550
Ron McGill (1989) - 1,493

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Not to take anything away from Caleb, but Bergeron was an All American his sophmore, junior and senior years in high school and his yardage was earned in only 10 games because we never made the playoffs thanks to Lincoln.

indian20106

ndn78 said:
Doubt it, nothing against Josh he was good be look at Caleb's numbers when he got the ball!
look at the blocking he has... and the blocking noone else ever had. or just watch film

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Caleb IS awesome! Anyone who doubts that has no sense! PNG has a history of great RB's and I plan to see many more before I die! I know any college will be glad to get Harmon on their rosters.

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Not to take anything away from Caleb, but Bergeron was an All American his sophmore, junior and senior years in high school and his yardage was earned in only 10 games because we never made the playoffs thanks to Lincoln.

Harmon's yards per game average has been better than Jeff's if I am not mistaken.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores