Head Dress Boxes for Indianette Cap., Lt. & Indian Twirlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Whether big or small, tradition is what sets apart PNG Indians from other schools. This reminds me of a few short years ago when the Indianette sponsors were going to eliminate some traditions. It effected a small group, but for them it was a big deal. For the Twirlers and Indianettes this is like not allowing the girl's volleyball team to be called ROCK A NOOS because of one person's actions. I am sure that these girls are supposed to held to a higher standard as representatives of the school. It does not seem fair to punish all future participants for one person's actions last year. It should be that if inappropriate material/messages is placed on the boxes then that person should be removed from participation until the infraction is corrected or if serious enough removed from participation completely. If in fact this is a decision made by sponsors, could this issue be taken to the administration for resolution? Just a thought and some of you have already tried that remedy.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
mllandamlmom said:
The twirler sponsor doesn't like the word "Tradition". That was made clear last year, from what I hear.

If this is true (and I am not douting your word) than the twirler sponsor is at the wrong school!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
mllandamlmom said:
The twirler sponsor doesn't like the word "Tradition". That was made clear last year, from what I hear.

If this is true (and I am not douting your word) than the twirler sponsor is at the wrong school!
AMEN! That is why I've been so upset about our fight song being played wrong and the band director, who knows the fans are upset, doesn't give a flip. The twirler sponsor and the band director should realize WE pay their salaries.

ndnette81

The twirler sponsor stated in a meeting with JV and Freshman twirlers and parents that she did not like traditions when questioned by some of the JV twirlers about the tradition of helping the Freshman put beads on their uniforms. It is a minor thing to her I am sure, but there were several moms sitting in the meeting who are former twirlers and Indianettes who are proud of the traditions that have been carried down from year to year so that our daughters get to enjoy the same feeling of HONOR, PRIDE, AND TRADITION that we all had in high school. I am not saying every tradition has been passed down because it hasn't but don't belittle the idea of our high school being proud of its traditions. I am very proud to be an INDIAN.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
I am VERY VERY proud of the high school I graduated from, when I graduated and all of the HONOR PRIDE AND TRADITIONS that our school has/had. I know "ALL" of the traditions for one reason or another have not been passed down (Varsity Shows, Sr. Play, Bowing to the totem pole, etc....) BUT one of the things PNG is very well know for (state wide) is their traditions! Just my personal opinion but ANYONE and I mean ANYONE that is a sponsor/director or any kind of leader of all of our different club/organizations. Should first and foremost put traditions first. They should try to uphold all the traditions like all the other alumni that have passed through PNG have. If that person/leader can not, will not or feel like they want, up hold PNG's traditions (whether they believe in them or not) than they need to step down or go to another school district that doesn't care about traditions. Period! I don't care who you are, who your kin to, married to or what you family name is. You can't say you are from PNG, graduated from PNG or be any part of PNG and NOT believe in traditions!!!!

bilman10

well if a group of perfect strangers (i don't know who yall are) can all agree on the importance of PNG traditions than why can't the people we entrust with them get it ?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Good posts! I agree wholeheartedly. The Traditions are as important as Pride and Honor.
Why can't our employees support our time-tested traditions and allow the students to enjoy their high school education so they can come back someday and still be proud?

attakapandn

100+ Posts
The Tradition we have at PNG makes us unique and others school wish they had what we have! Look at the MCM that is the longest standing game in the state for over 80 yrs. No other school can touch PNG base on the tradition that we have. I for one was glad that i lived through the tradiotion from getting my head shaved in 9th grade to bowing at teh totem pole. I can proudly say that I am a PNG INDIANS and my blood bleeds PURPLE!

We are known for our tradiotions and the TRAIL OF PURPLE AND WHITE DOWN THAT HIGHWA TO SUPPORT OUR BOYS AND GIRLS!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I realize this may step on some folks toes, but if you are at PNG and DON'T BELIEVE IN TRADITION THEN YOU ARE AT THE WRONG PLACE AND MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE, GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM OR GO TO SOME OTHER SCHOOL THAT HAS LITTLE OR NO TRADITION. PNG is rich in tradition, always has been and always will be. It is the tradition that us the most envied state wide. Not because we excell as the best band, drill team, softball/baseball team, football team, tennis team, golf team, soccer team, or anyother atheletic team or scholastic team. It is the honor, pride and tradition that those who have walked the halls as students, those who came back to teach here, work and live here so their kids can experience the tradition, etc. Those folks are PNG High School and they always will be. You can travel across the country wearing a PNG T-shirt and you will be dang lucky if someone doesn't stop you. They are either one of us, wish they had been one of us or heard of us. How do you think that PNG got the priviledge of being requested to play at the Dave Campbell Classic in San Antonio? It is in part due to the tradition of our fan base. For the parents and students who have encountered the problems with sponsors that don't like tradition my heart truly goes out to you. That being said, I still have to say DON'T GIVE UP ON TRADITION AND DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT TO KEEP TRADITION ALIVE. This same type of thing happend in 2006 and those fighting for tradition finally prevailed because they continued to pursue the issue with the right folks in administration who believe that the values of honor, pride and tradition are what make our school what it is today.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Well said. Mrs. Briggs needs to listen to the students/parents of the participants. The money issue is bogus in that most, if not all band/drill kiddos have taken private dance lessons, music, twirling etc...

Let the traditions continue, there are bigger issues to handle. My daughter was a Indianette Officier and we went through the same thing. Talk to your Board members, Supt., and Principal. Believe me in ALL districts the folks the stand up and talk loud and to everyone usually prevail. Remember the Board is elected to serve the voters and what the voters want.

Torino

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I realize this may step on some folks toes, but if you are at PNG and DON'T BELIEVE IN TRADITION THEN YOU ARE AT THE WRONG PLACE AND MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE, GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM OR GO TO SOME OTHER SCHOOL THAT HAS LITTLE OR NO TRADITION. PNG is rich in tradition, always has been and always will be. It is the tradition that us the most envied state wide. Not because we excell as the best band, drill team, softball/baseball team, football team, tennis team, golf team, soccer team, or anyother atheletic team or scholastic team. It is the honor, pride and tradition that those who have walked the halls as students, those who came back to teach here, work and live here so their kids can experience the tradition, etc. Those folks are PNG High School and they always will be. You can travel across the country wearing a PNG T-shirt and you will be dang lucky if someone doesn't stop you. They are either one of us, wish they had been one of us or heard of us. How do you think that PNG got the priviledge of being requested to play at the Dave Campbell Classic in San Antonio? It is in part due to the tradition of our fan base. For the parents and students who have encountered the problems with sponsors that don't like tradition my heart truly goes out to you. That being said, I still have to say DON'T GIVE UP ON TRADITION AND DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT TO KEEP TRADITION ALIVE. This same type of thing happend in 2006 and those fighting for tradition finally prevailed because they continued to pursue the issue with the right folks in administration who believe that the values of honor, pride and tradition are what make our school what it is today.
What happened in 2006?

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Torino said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
What happened in 2006?
It was similiar in nature. I believe it was the Indianette sponsor that didn't want some kind of tradition continued for whatever reason. The sponsor was new, came from a rival school and for some reason, and I may be wrong, but seems like her name was Briggs. Just thought about that, could this be the same person? If so sounds like she is still trying to undermine tradition and is on a power trip. Don't give up, speak up loud and long, put on the war paint, gather the rest of tribe, go to the chief and fight like the INDIAN NATION forefathers to keep the traditions alive.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Torino said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
What happened in 2006?
It was similiar in nature. I believe it was the Indianette sponsor that didn't want some kind of tradition continued for whatever reason. The sponsor was new, came from a rival school and for some reason, and I may be wrong, but seems like her name was Briggs. Just thought about that, could this be the same person? If so sounds like she is still trying to undermine tradition and is on a power trip. Don't give up, speak up loud and long, put on the war paint, gather the rest of tribe, go to the chief and fight like the INDIAN NATION forefathers to keep the traditions alive.

If you are taling about the Indianette sponsor, she is the sister in law to a former indianette.

bandkid

Staff member
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Torino said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
What happened in 2006?

The Mrs. Briggs that is the Assistant Principal is not the Indianette Director and to my knowledge never has been. The current Indianette Director, Mrs. Nichols, took over in 2007, and I don't believe she came to PN-G from a rival school.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Torino said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
What happened in 2006?

The Mrs. Briggs that is the Assistant Principal is not the Indianette Director and to my knowledge never has been. The current Indianette Director, Mrs. Nichols, took over in 2007, and I don't believe she came to PN-G from a rival school.
I am referring to the sponsor in the 2005 football season. She came from a rival school.

Not having any daughters kept me from getting to parent a Indianette, cheerleader or twirler. As the proud parent of two sons who competed in PNG sports, I wanted them to enjoy them to the fullest. I went to bat for them as both of them participated in minor sports and one played football as well. Part of the time I felt like we were trying to swim upstream but we hung tough and made it. That is what parents of these young ladies are going to have to do too. I would go before the school board and our new superintendent and see what you can accomplish. We were at Dollywood several years ago on vacation and my Dad had on a PN-G cap. Someone from Dallas asked him what kind of season we were expecting come football season. That is something to be proud of; just about anywhere you go, someone is going to recognize that purple and white PN-G. Our INDIAN NATION is built on HONOR, PRIDE, AND TRADITION. In my opinion, any one employed in this district should support those values. If not, they are free to seek employment in other districts that do not hold those as qualities of great value. They work for the tax payers in this district, which is me, you, and the parents of these girls. Don't tell me I can't pray when I want to, pledge allegiance to my flag, and stand up and holler for my INDIANS. Do that and as Merle says "you're getting on the fighting side of me."

bark

1,000+ Posts
In Sundays Bmt. Enterprise Supt. Canavess was quoted as saying he has no problem eliminating programs/fat to tighten the budget such as the band/drill team, not replacing retiring teachers/staff etc... Has anyone heard if there will be similar cuts here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores