Heres your final verdict on next years Helmets

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
level 1 source here....

They are metallic purple helmets, with an Indian head logo that has "PNG" over the top. The color and logo look similar to TCU's helmets.

THERE ARE NO SILVER HELMETS, NO FSU SPEAR, NO WHITE HELMETS.

16089_160.jpg

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I'm not going to complain...it is time for something new! Oh, and I think that the TCU helmets look pretty sharp

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
As long as they are not silver, I am happy. Like someone else said, "Always be faithful to PURPLE AND WHITE....There is no silver in there!! :clap:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Purple Helmets

EX79NDN said:
As long as they are not silver, I am happy. Like someone else said, "Always be faithful to PURPLE AND WHITE....There is no silver in there!! :clap:

WTG! I agree with you all!!! No silver and no lavender!!!! I'm sure glad someone found out the truth and put it to rest.

ScalpEm24

I agree, not bad...makes me wonder if it is similar in style to the way LSU has its helmet. Instead of the tiger head, put and Indian head and then PNG in the place of LSU.....hmmm, just curious.....regardless I am looking forward to a great year on the Reservation!!!!!!!!!!!

ShlyKBMT

All this is correct, and just like TCU the facemasks will actually be black and the chinstraps will be black. Here's the Indian Head being used with the PNG arched over just like TCU.
pnghead.png

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
level 1 source here....

They are metallic purple helmets, with an Indian head logo that has "PNG" over the top. The color and logo look similar to TCU's helmets.

THERE ARE NO SILVER HELMETS, NO FSU SPEAR, NO WHITE HELMETS.

16089_160.jpg
Is this the new helmet that will be used?

ShlyKBMT

Also no changes to the uniforms this year besides the removal of last names. Considering brand new helmets and logo that's understandable.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
ShlyKBMT said:
Also no changes to the uniforms this year besides the removal of last names.

I was told this too and don't really care for it. The removal of names, "your name is on the front of the jerseys", stuff is overrated IMO. UT, Florida & ou all have names on their jerseys and have historically done just fine. USC, Penn State have no names and they seem to be making it. Miami & aTm removed their names for short stints and they sucked.........it doesn't matter.

I personally like the names on the back because its looks better.

badndn

500+ Posts
Having the names on the back is also added cost that could be spent better elsewhere within the program. I like the "Big Purple" on the back like they had in the early 90's.

mojofan

I don't mean to invade your board. I've been reading it with interest since you guys snatched Coach Faircloth from us. :) I just wanted to shed a little light on the jersey names maybe. I don't know if this is what Coach Faircloth has in mind, but the Mojo tradition is you earn the jersey names by making the playoffs. We only have jersey names in the playoffs, but not in the regular season. It's sort of a team goal accomplished and sets the stage for the second season (playoffs). You guys really got a great coach and even greater person. Good luck to you all.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
mojofan said:
I don't mean to invade your board. I've been reading it with interest since you guys snatched Coach Faircloth from us. :) I just wanted to shed a little light on the jersey names maybe. I don't know if this is what Coach Faircloth has in mind, but the Mojo tradition is you earn the jersey names by making the playoffs. We only have jersey names in the playoffs, but not in the regular season. It's sort of a team goal accomplished and sets the stage for the second season (playoffs). You guys really got a great coach and even greater person. Good luck to you all.

Welcome to the board mojofan!!!!! What can you tell us about Faircloth?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks and welcome mojofan.

Sounds like Permian reloaded with the Rhoads and Gaines coming in. So hopefully the Panthers won't miss a beat.

ScalpEm24

For some reason, the Indian head said to be used on the new helmets is "X'd" out for me. Is there another image of it???

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores