Heres your final verdict on next years Helmets

mojofan

Thanks guys. Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning. You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week. He is a master at in game adjustments. Sometimes you will wonder what he's doing and then BAM, you'll find he's just set up the other guys and left you drop jawed along with the guys on the other side. You'll see dozens and dozens of formations when the kids learn them all. Every play in the playbook can be run from any of the formations making scouting by your future opponents difficult at best. The formations he uses one week may not be used at all the following week. He is a master at taking what a defense give him and exploiting their weaknesses. He'll run it down their throats if they give him that or he may pass 50 times in a game if they give him that. We were always VERY balanced. The offense made the last three QB's at Permian school record setters along with providing us the 1st 2000+ yard back in a long time. It's a no huddle most of the time, with the signals given to the QB from the sideline. That alone gives you several more plays per game. More kids get to play because there are personnel packages for each formation and several are used during the game. You guys are gonna like this a bunch, but your opponents won't like it at all.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
mojofan said:
Thanks guys. Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning. You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week. He is a master at in game adjustments. Sometimes you will wonder what he's doing and then BAM, you'll find he's just set up the other guys and left you drop jawed along with the guys on the other side. You'll see dozens and dozens of formations when the kids learn them all. Every play in the playbook can be run from any of the formations making scouting by your future opponents difficult at best. The formations he uses one week may not be used at all the following week. He is a master at taking what a defense give him and exploiting their weaknesses. He'll run it down their throats if they give him that or he may pass 50 times in a game if they give him that. We were always VERY balanced. The offense made the last three QB's at Permian school record setters along with providing us the 1st 2000+ yard back in a long time. It's a no huddle most of the time, with the signals given to the QB from the sideline. That alone gives you several more plays per game. More kids get to play because there are personnel packages for each formation and several are used during the game. You guys are gonna like this a bunch, but your opponents won't like it at all.

Nederland, advantage is over. Hope you enjoyed the run because PNG football is back! :helmet:

15PNG

500+ Posts
mojofan said:
Thanks guys. Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning. You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week. He is a master at in game adjustments.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you................. :clap: :woot: :woohoo:

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
Are you ready for some football? I can't wait. Don't think I'll have any trouble at all finding users for my two extra tickets every week this year!! :clap: :clap:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
15PNG said:
mojofan said:
Thanks guys. Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning. You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week. He is a master at in game adjustments.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you................. :clap: :woot: :woohoo:
FINALLY, FINALLY----this gives an old girl new life! All I want before I die is to watch PNG to win another state championship. I am so excited, I'm beside myself. Thanks, Mojofan, for making my day today!!! Please come back and commiserate with us time and time again! We wish you good luck, also, until we meet again. lol

badndn

500+ Posts
MOJO Fan, what are your thoughts on the re-hire of Gaines?
Any worries about trying to catch lightning in a bottle a second time? Usually doesn't work (Ask the folks in Port Arthur). I really thought that you guys could get a pretty salty potential candidate list and hire a bigtime up and commer from the lower classifications. I was very suprised when I heard Gaines would be returning.

Good Luck to you guys out there. We always felt sort of connected to Permian before and well now we really feel it. Thanks for the Coach. ;D

bandkid

Staff member
mojofan said:

Thanks for the input, and welcome to the site.

Sounds like we're going to be hearing Cherokee a lot this year. I hope my lips are numb by the end of the season.

As far as the logo on the helmets goes, I knew there was a reason I picked that to be my profile photo. It looks sharp and fierce, and those are ways we need to look.

NDN CREW

hey mojo fan,
welcome to the ndn's site and I have a ? If an underclassman earns his name in the 2nd season does he keep it on his jersey for the next year or does he have to earn it again ?

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
mojofan said:

Nederland, advantage is over. Hope you enjoyed the run because PNG football is back! :helmet:

LOL...let's not count your chickens b4 they hatch Indianfan...you may be disappointed. ;) ....but it does sound like Coach is bringing a whole lot to the teepee, so to speak ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
IndianFan said:
mojofan said:

LOL...let's not count your chickens b4 they hatch Indianfan...you may be disappointed. ;) ....but it does sound like Coach is bringing a whole lot to the teepee, so to speak ;D

That's true... but I doubt it. I'm basing my opinion on logic more than emotion.

Nederland has an 11-5 record against PNG and a +3 point advantage per game over the past 16 seasons during the Neumman/Burnett era.
With the exception of one or two dominant wins that PNG balanced out with dominant wins of it's own, the Bulldogs won those 11 games with the advantage of better preparation, better strategy and game planning and adjustments. I'm saying that advantage is likely 100% over.

Faircloth is bringing in an offensive system that is no longer predictable. Nederland will no longer be able to prepare with ultimate confidence in stopping the same plays it's seen for 15 years. Faircloth has a proven record of developing QBs at the 5A level which in itself will make a tremendous difference. Faircloth is bringing in new and proven coaches to shore up other areas. And PNG is already on the way to being a better conditioned team than it has been recently.

It's a new era and the changes that are in play should be more than enough to overcome the history of close losses. Time will tell but my money is on the Indians turning the tables in a big way.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
From what i've heard...

Coaches on their way to PN-G....

Assistant Head Coach from Aledo
Defensive Coordinator from Keller
Another coming late March from Austin Westlake
At least one coming from Permian.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
kfdmcoop said:
From what i've heard...

Coaches on their way to PN-G....

Assistant Head Coach from Aledo
Defensive Coordinator from Keller
Another coming late March from Austin Westlake
At least one coming from Permian.

No disrespect intended ... and I'm thankful for all the dedication and hard work by the prior coaches ... but, my reaction to the news of new coaches coming to PN-G is, "Thank the Lord." It is time for new blood, fresh ideas, and a new way of doing things on The Reservation. New coaches with no ties to SE TX will be good for our Indians. New schemes, new routines, new ideas, etc. will re-energize the kids and the fans. I've been on this site/message board for years asking when PN-G would join the 21st Century in Texas High School football? Finally, I sense that time is coming with Coach Faircloth. He sounds like a young, workaholic-type, and an intense guy who will put our kids in open space and distribute the ball to them. I plan to drive in from Houston if we have a Purple v. White Spring 2009 game.

Now, let's get the Booster Club up and running. I'm one of thousands of PN-G alumni who will willingly donate money to put the Indians on top when it comes to boys and girls athletics, facilities, and cementing our longstanding tradition as second to no one.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Permian built an indoor practice facility with booster donations that benefits all sports. Other booster efforts across the state have done amazing things to improve their athletic programs including scholarships.
PN-G has been operating on a sub-par athletic budget for years that is half as much as many area districts. The booster club would make a huge difference.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Cozmo said:
I was told there will be a spring game and it will be Friday May 22nd.

That is exciting...will it be in the afternoon or evening? If it is advertised, I am sure there would be a huge crowd. Everyone is so pumped!

lu cards

100+ Posts
all the leg work has been done to start an athletic booster club.its in the hands of the district.all indications are that everyone is behind it but some tweaking may need to be done.shouldnt be long before its up and running.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores