Hey Indian fans.....for what its worth.....re: Craig Stump

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
strong rumors are circulating that PNGISD wants Stump, its obvious and its not slowing down. The latest info Ive been hearing is the two parties have spoken and if the money is right it could happen. The rumored number is 95 -100,000/per. IF this is not a just a rumor but a fact I have a hard time believing the district would not up the coaches salary 2-3K per year to get their guy. Heck some Indian fans on the streets would come up with that small of a difference if thats all it took. If both parties are interested then make it happen.

Again, these are just rumors but it wouldnt hurt for interested parties to contact the superintendent, Dr. Randall, and let her know. Her email is also easily obtainable if anyone wants to let her know how they feel about this situation.

Scalp'em Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If PN-G has an opportunity to hire Craig Stump, then go get him. Offer him ~$110K per year, let him bring some of his coaches to run the defense, and get ready for a few playoff runs. Follow-up and see if he's interested. If so, make an attractive offer. If he's not interested in leaving West Brook, then go back to the much sought-after PN-G coaching list and find someone who wants to lead the Tribe.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Not sure if I beleive it, and not sure if he would be my 1st choice....................uh, was he on the list????

badndn

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Not sure if I beleive it, and not sure if he would be my 1st choice....................uh, was he on the list????
I know it is your opinion, but explain why he would not be your first choice so that I can understand.

For thought:
1. He runs a wide open offense.
2. He turned Kelly around quick.
3. He turned WB around quicker and they were way down.
4. He is local and understands what PNG is all about.
5. He is young.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
PNG Proud said:
I know it is your opinion, but explain why he would not be your first choice so that I can understand.

For thought:
1. He runs a wide open offense.
2. He turned Kelly around quick.
3. He turned WB around quicker and they were way down.
4. He is local and understands what PNG is all about.
5. He is young.

The biggest question mark about Stump for me is how much of West Brook's turn around was due to him? He has an all star coaching staff over there, many of which we will never get. I don't think Arther Louis (sp?) would accept a coordinator position if we offered it to him, and I KNOW some of you would do nothing but complain about him.

Im backing Dannaher for now, but I won't be complaining if he doesn't get it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Danaher is a proven winner with less than stellar talent. Callallen teams are known for discipline and execution. The same characteristics as former PNG teams coached by Doug Ethridge.

lu cards

100+ Posts
its no secret im a stump fan but he didnt choose to apply.i know for a fact he strongly considered it but he still didnt apply.ive thought this over and im not sure i want a coach that really doesnt know if he wants to come here.i still believe were a good match and he would be awesome but we need someone that really wants the job.

NONS81

PNG Proud said:

No, he wasn't on the list. But what are you going to think if he ends up being our coach?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't care if he's on 'the list', best friend of a school board member, or requires a secret handshake to negotiate with. If he's the best for the job I hope they do everything they can to hire the new coach.

If Stump, Danaher, or whoever comes in and WINS, he will experience a level of excitement and support that won't be found in too many places around the state.

NONS81

IndianFan said:
I wouldn't care if he's on 'the list', best friend of a school board member, or requires a secret handshake to negotiate with. If he's the best for the job I hope they do everything they can to hire the new coach.

I think you are missing my point. We went thru all this crap not because of Stump, but another applicant. The whole AG thing and added expense (for your info, just because you have an attorney on retainer does not mean that you don't get billed for the work that they have to do - it is not free) for someone that is not even on the list. I know, I know - it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things we will soon have a new coach and FOOTBALL can begin- that's all that matters. It's not your money they are wasting.

badndn

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

I think you are missing my point. We went thru all this crap not because of Stump, but another applicant. The whole AG thing and added expense (for your info, just because you have an attorney on retainer does not mean that you don't get billed for the work that they have to do - it is not free) for someone that is not even on the list. I know, I know - it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things we will soon have a new coach and FOOTBALL can begin- that's all that matters. It's not your money they are wasting.

I got an idea. why don't you ask the board to view the legal bill for the appeal to the AG. And if they wont comply with your request, file an FOI claim! Until that point I got no issues with the way the board has handled this issue and I think my feelings represent the majority of the PNGISD taxpayers.
When They announced that MB was being reassigned I along with many, many others said the top of my list would be Craig Stump. If the board has done everything in it's power to get him as the new "Head Of The Tribe" and broke no laws in doing so, then I will be very satisfied with the job the board has done one way or the other. And the public perception of PNG won't be anything other than :whiteflag: in the next few years as we are whippin' their arses up and down the football field!

NONS81

badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

I got an idea. why don't you ask the board to view the legal bill for the appeal to the AG. And if they wont comply with your request, file an FOI claim! Until that point I got no issues with the way the board has handled this issue and I think my feelings represent the majority of the PNGISD taxpayers.
When They announced that MB was being reassigned I along with many, many others said the top of my list would be Craig Stump. If the board has done everything in it's power to get him as the new "Head Of The Tribe" and broke no laws in doing so, then I will be very satisfied with the job the board has done one way or the other. And the public perception of PNG won't be anything other than :whiteflag: in the next few years as we are whippin' their arses up and down the football field!

Thanks for the input - but you are in Groves and there is a very different opinion here in PN, so please don't say majority. If added expense for no good reason is ok with you then that is fine - but it is not ok with me. Uping the salary to get a good coach is ok with me. This has nothing to do with WHO we get, however how he was obtained.

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

Thanks for the input - but you are in Groves and there is a very different opinion here in PN, so please don't say majority. If added expense for no good reason is ok with you then that is fine - but it is not ok with me. Uping the salary to get a good coach is ok with me. This has nothing to do with WHO we get, however how he was obtained.

I am in Port Neches and not heard one person complain besides on this board. I work with several PN-G residents, am friends with many residents, and of course neighbors with PNGISD residents. I have yet to hear the first negative comment.

NONS81

akifan94 said:
NDNS81 said:
badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

I am in Port Neches and not heard one person complain besides on this board. I work with several PN-G residents, am friends with many residents, and of course neighbors with PNGISD residents. I have yet to hear the first negative comment.

Guess we don't live in the same neighborhood... ;D

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
NDNS81 said:
badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

I was about to type the EXACT same thing. Excellent post! No complaining in my area of Port Neches. I guess if I started a conversation complaining about it, I could probably convince others to complain with me. Everyone over here seems to be just peachy with how its going down, even the appeal to the AG.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the repetition, but PNGISD is not the only district that has handled a coaching hire in such a manner. It's not uncommon, they have their reasons that shouldn't necessarily be shared with the public, and they're playing hard ball to achieve the goal. A goal that is no different than every football program in existence.

The Indians are going to have a good coach in the house soon. And when that happens hopefully those that got it done will be applauded for their efforts.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores