How well will PN-G do in the upcoming football season?

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home) W
Sept. 4 Crosby (Home) L
Sept. 11 Texas City (Home) L/W
Sept. 18 OPEN
Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home) W
Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home) L
Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away) W
Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home) W
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away) W
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home) W
Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away) L

7-3 or 6-4 could change depending on Offense picking up the system and an unknown new defense.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home) W
Sept. 4 Crosby (Home) L
Sept. 11 Texas City (Home) LW
Sept. 18 OPEN
Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home) W
Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home) W--Any Indian Fan Picking Nederland should move there!!!
Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away) W
Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home) W
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away) W
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home) W
Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away) L

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oldschool said:
Squaw winning against Nederland is something that the team and community should want every year. Though to go as far as saying we have had a winning season by beating Nederland is ridiculous. No coach would stay very long if thats the only win they got year in and out. We won MCM the 2007 football season.
I see your point, Oldschool, but I wasn't real clear. What I wanted to convey is that I expect to beat Nederland every year. All fans and players should also. I hate it when a fan says we're gonna lose any game. Maybe we will, but I expect us to go down fighting. That's what Indians are made of--grits and guts! They never quit.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Oldschool said:
Squaw winning against Nederland is something that the team and community should want every year. Though to go as far as saying we have had a winning season by beating Nederland is ridiculous. No coach would stay very long if thats the only win they got year in and out. We won MCM the 2007 football season.
I see your point, Oldschool, but I wasn't real clear. What I wanted to convey is that I expect to beat Nederland every year. All fans and players should also. I hate it when a fan says we're gonna lose any game. Maybe we will, but I expect us to go down fighting. That's what Indians are made of--grits and guts! They never quit.
Squaw it's called an opinion. I made mine on the information that I have received on the teams we will face. Do you really think that I go to any game and think that there is no way PNG could win? I am realistic in my predictions. You explain why we should beat Nederland this year with something other than because you expect it. They have the most experienced QB in the district and several talented wideouts, a very good experienced coaching staff that will have seen game film of Faircloth's offense, they to have many good young players coming in, etc. etc...Do I think we could win? Yes, but right now they have more experience, and I may change my tune the week before based on how well each team is playing at the time.
Crosby has a very impressive QB and a very good WR. They should have beaten us last year when he was a Sophomore making his first ever Varsity start, but his inexperience got the better of him in the second half when we got in his face. I don't see that happening again this year plus it is early in the season, but we could beat them.
If had to waver on any game it would be TC. Don't know alot about them, but there past successes. That being said they haven't done much lately and this could be a predicted win for me if you asked again!
If this team goes better than 5-5 and shows the promise for the future that I expect, I will be elated. It's the folks that expect miracles that worry me. Not every coach comes in and wins big right away. It takes time to build a winning program.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Oldschool said:

I guess your the only true Indian on here, give me a break. We would all love for pNG to win all of thier games. BTW when was the last time we went 16-0. Exactly, it's called a prediction from reality, and yes we're Indians whether you like it or not. Half of your comments are full of crap, and it's sad

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Please do not misinterpret what I said to mean that a loss will fall upon BF's shoulders (or any other coach for that matter). Yes, it will be an uphill battle. I just think they will surprise some people and from years of watching the Indians play I've come to believe that they are capable of beating almost anyone. We should've lost to Schertz Clemens in 1999, but we rallied like I've seen them do time after time. Until we play a few games no one knows what to expect. I'm not stupid (or psychic) and cannot predict the future. My opinions are actually a tribute to what these new coaches have done in a very short time. I choose to believe that we will win more than we lose.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
I choose to believe that we will win more than we lose.

From some of your comments you seem to believe we will win em all. Notice that everyone on here picked us to win more than we lose next year. I said 7-5 or 8-4 overall.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Like Squaw, I'm an optimist ... I predict the PN-G Indians will win them all ... we could line up to play the Steelers of the 1970s, the 49ers of the 1980s, or the 1985 Chicago Bears, and I say the Indians 100 and our opponent 0. It's amazing what a PN-G team can do with coaching (see Ethridge, Malone, and Burnett eras), believing in one another, enthusiasm, playing hard with passion and pride, and throwing the ball around in open space (see 1999). It's going to be a fun ride, again.

Go Indians. Peace.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Thanks, 1989NDN--you got it! Maybe I'm an optimist, but I don't go around telling others that their opinions are mostly "crap" like someone on here did (no, not you). I realize that the odds are against us going 16-0, but I think that's what we should strive to achieve. Again, that's just my opinion. Maybe I go overboard, but personally I can hardly wait for the season to start and the fun to begin. I believe in the Indians and have seen them win games on pure guts and drive against teams much more talented. Remember the W-OS game we played over there when Malone was coach? We were way outclassed and, although we did lose, the Indians were awesome. They never gave up or quit. We will see how they do now that the offense isn't "up the middle, up the middle, pass". I can't help but believe PNG will make believers out of some more people. More purple blood--I love it!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
After watching the spring game, the offense will put up points and is a ball control offense.
The only thing that has me worried is the defense. The past couple years the defense has lost that killer instinct. We need a intimidator on defense, someone in the same mold as Goulke.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Thanks, 1989NDN--you got it! Maybe I'm an optimist, but I don't go around telling others that their opinions are mostly "crap" like someone on here did (no, not you). I realize that the odds are against us going 16-0, but I think that's what we should strive to achieve. Again, that's just my opinion. Maybe I go overboard, but personally I can hardly wait for the season to start and the fun to begin. I believe in the Indians and have seen them win games on pure guts and drive against teams much more talented. Remember the W-OS game we played over there when Malone was coach? We were way outclassed and, although we did lose, the Indians were awesome. They never gave up or quit. We will see how they do now that the offense isn't "up the middle, up the middle, pass". I can't help but believe PNG will make believers out of some more people. More purple blood--I love it!

I might be wrong here, but I thought that these sports boards were to discuss things and give our insight, predictions and just talk about different things. It's funny how when someone says something you don't agree with then they're not real indians and so forth. You've said this to more than just one person on here, and maybe I was a little harsh on saying "crap" and for that I apoligize, but I would say that the majority of us on here have purple fire in our eyes and wish the best for OUR school. With having multiple kids in the district and family that work for the district and community, believe me I'm just as much of a die hard fan as anyone on here. I still stand by my prediction, and the L's that I PREDICTED. As a team, they should strive to go 16-0 and I hope they do. Scalp'em

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I apologize to anyone who thinks I may be a bit over-zealous. I certainly never said you or anyone else were not great Indian fans/supporters. If I offended you or anyone else, I apologize. Everyone on here are great fans or they wouldn't be here (at least, that's the way I feel). I don't care to talk religion or politics because I can't change anyone's mind and they can't change mine. I personally don't think those two topics should be discussed at all on here. As far as football predictions, I am sure someone will be closer than I am, but I still choose to give PNG the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Anyway, lets all be friends and quit all the namecalling. Peace!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Good post squaw. I came to this board for the sports, but I DO enjoy the political discussions. There are posts that don't interest me and I leave them alone. I don't post very much, as I'd rather read what y'all have to say. Back to the topic, I'm very excited about the football program, especially after watching the spring game. We'll be a MUCH better team this year, but we play in too tough a district to go undefeated. On Friday nights though, anything can happen. GO INDIANS!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
shovelhead said:
Good post squaw. I came to this board for the sports, but I DO enjoy the political discussions. There are posts that don't interest me and I leave them alone. I don't post very much, as I'd rather read what y'all have to say. Back to the topic, I'm very excited about the football program, especially after watching the spring game. We'll be a MUCH better team this year, but we play in too tough a district to go undefeated. On Friday nights though, anything can happen. GO INDIANS!
We're cool--I come on here to talk about sports, also. Has anyone heard if how Dylan Richard did today in Austin at high jumping? BTW, Nederland is behind 6-4 against Friendswood.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
The State track meet takes place next weekend.

Boys 4A high jump is 2:00pm Friday June 5th at Myers Track & Field Stadium at UT. Starting height is 6'0" increasing in 2" increments until 4 jumpers are left, afterwhich the increment is 1".

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores