Hunter Denzlinger injury

Hearing some chatter that his football career is over after finding out the injury was to his spinal cord, said to still be having issues due to the injury. if this is indeed true our thoughts go out to Hunter and his family.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
We will miss him on the football field but at least we will have him on the baseball field. Good luck Hunter D.

Starfire

Honor Pride Tradition said:
Hearing some chatter that his football career is over after finding out the injury was to his spinal cord, said to still be having issues due to the injury. if this is indeed true our thoughts go out to Hunter and his family.

Is this the player who was badly hurt in the Brenham/PNG game? All this said, I wish him the best and a speedy and full recovery.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I was told that it was nerve damage in his shoulder and that he will be fine. I'm not gonna say my source is valid because I walked in on the butt end of a conversation. They seemed to know what they were talking about though.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
He was the cornerback hurt on the 1st play of the game. He was removed from the field via the scooter. And it is true that his football playing days are over.

Thunder

I am Hunter's Mom. I just wanted to post on here what is going on with Hunter, it is true that he is not going to be able to play football anymore but he will still be able to play baseball. Hunter was born with two of his cervical vertebrae fused together and this actually saved him from a very serious injury or worse. Hunter has a small fracture in his c5 vertebrae, a bruise on his spinal cord and swelling around ligaments in his neck. Hunter will have to wear a neck collar for 5 weeks, then we will take him back to Houston to have more x-rays done and another MRI to make sure that everything is healing the way it should. This has been a very difficult time for us but I know that with all the support of Hunter's friends and the Indian following that he will be able to accept the blessing that has been given to him and not dwell on the disappointment of not playing.We appreciate all the prayers and support.

N

NDNPARENT

Tell Hunter that to hold his head up cuase he did an OUTSTANDING JOB! aND God has a plan for everything and maybe baseball is his calling! Good luck on the recovery and remember the INDIAN NATION live by HONor and he has earn that with us!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thunder said:
I am Hunter's Mom. I just wanted to post on here what is going on with Hunter, it is true that he is not going to be able to play football anymore but he will still be able to play baseball. Hunter was born with two of his cervical vertebrae fused together and this actually saved him from a very serious injury or worse. Hunter has a small fracture in his c5 vertebrae, a bruise on his spinal cord and swelling around ligaments in his neck. Hunter will have to wear a neck collar for 5 weeks, then we will take him back to Houston to have more x-rays done and another MRI to make sure that everything is healing the way it should. This has been a very difficult time for us but I know that with all the support of Hunter's friends and the Indian following that he will be able to accept the blessing that has been given to him and not dwell on the disappointment of not playing.We appreciate all the prayers and support.

Thank you so much for this update on Hunter. I'm saddened that he will be unable to play next yr., but I'm so happy that he will be alright. I glad that you submitted this report personally, so that we know that it's correct, and this will eliminate speculation.

Please, thank Hunter for us and the Indian Nation, for his hard work, sacrifice, and dedication to the team. Regardless of the outcome, we are very proud of him, and he represented PNG so, so well.

Thanks mom......ya done good!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I hate to hear this. He was a very talented player. He had excellent technique and I bragged about his DB skills to my friends at work. The most important thing is his health. Thanks for the outstanding job you did for us this year and good luck with your future.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Thanks for the update.Praying for him and a speedy recovery as much as can be exspected.Enjoyed watching him this year. Good luck Hunter!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Thunder, thanks for the update. Sometimes the information on these message boards gets out of whack. Nothing like a "Mom" to set things straight! I hate that Hunter got hurt, but very glad he will be OK. Hunter had a great year this year. What awesome memories he will have to play on a PNG team that went undefeated through district. Please tell him congrats on a great year and good luck on a speedy recovery. We look forward to seeing him on the diamond.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Thank you Hunter for the job you did this year for the Indians. Great news that you are going to be fine. I wish you a continued speedy recovery and good luck to you this year on the baseball team. God Bless you and your family.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
And, Hunter, you don't have to be on the field to be an Indian. Always remember that--you more than paid your dues and will always be an Indian. Hope I get to cheer you on at the baseball park this year!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I am so sad to hear Hunter will not be able to play Football again, but it's good that he is ok! God was really watching out for him. Thank you Hunter for everything you did for this team, you are a AWESOME athlete! I can't wait to bring my son to the Baseball games to watch you play! Good luck and God Bless you!!

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
Hunter, we will be cheering for you on the diamond! Great job this year, and remember that now you have a story to tell your grandkids. You were an integral part of the undefeated district champs in 2009!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores