Huntsville Hornets Vs. Port Neches-Groves Indians

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Huntsville beat Willis 34-24 tonight.

What is even more interesting they shut out #3 Lufkin starters in a scrimmage last week.
This will be a true test.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
prepballfan said:
Huntsville beat Willis 34-24 tonight.

What is even more interesting they shut out #3 Lufkin starters in a scrimmage last week.
This will be a true test.
stay away from that monster in the middle of their D.

prepballfan

Staff member
Huntsville shut out Lufkin starters 3-0 in a scrimmage then beat Willis 34-24 tonight. Lufkin lost on a last minute pass from Longview that should have been an offensive pass interference.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

prepballfan said:
Huntsville shut out Lufkin starters 3-0 in a scrimmage then beat Willis 34-24 tonight. Lufkin lost on a last minute pass from Longview that should have been an offensive pass interference.
how? Lufkin DB grabbed his jersey. Good no call.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Lufkin Longview were in our district when I was in school. Lufkin used to be mediocre Longview always always good. Talk about distance driving for games. We had Lufkin (175 miles) Nacogdoches (155) Tyler (JT & Lee)(120) Longview &Pine Tree (100) and Marshall (75) closest.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:

I'm sure you're bias toward Longview with Haynes King being recruited by your favorite college team.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

MOM2INDIANS said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:

I'm sure you're bias toward Longview with Haynes King being recruited by your favorite college team.
incorrect. Im on record saying he will not go to Arkansas. It's gonna be LSU or Auburn.

prepballfan

Staff member
Really good. He is very quick and still running strong like last season

twrpng

100+ Posts
Gavin #5 looks good the offense is a little different then last year. Faircloth will have a ball control offense this year IMO . He will run #5 and #19 more this year with a mid range passing game throwing the 10,20,30 yard ins and outs this could change but for now this would work mix in RJ's running abilities. Throw one deep every now and then just to keep them honest. The D looks ok so far but need a full game against one of the better district teams to really tell for sure.

RoschonsBigBro

Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
How is Deslatte looking this yr?
Looks good enough for what they ask him to do.
They split time at rb now. It gives a change of pace since 19 doesn't really look for contact and Deslatte runs headfirst into it. It allows him to stay fresh it seems and it has worked so far.
Deslatte runs like a power back but doesn't have the size (5'9 185), the speed you would expect from a smaller back like himself (Hughes was taller but had similar weight especially toward the end), or strength of a true power back. (Look up Quavarius Crouch, or Trey Sanders) He is an effort guy and thats ok.
I think this ways saves his energy and protects his legs for the long run.
19 needs to hit the hole a bit harder and stop being so quick to hit the sidelines.
Other than that, they have looked good. I expect more though as the season goes, especially when everyone's attention is on #2 .

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I believe the Offense Vs Silsbee was a sort of misdirection play. Looked totally opposite of what you might expect. Of course the amazing QB play is expected and always I. The back pocket for when it’s needed (hopefully that time will be in the state championship game lol) of course it will probably come sooner. As a Sophomore he (and coach) was trying to prove to others what he could do. And maybe some of Jr year as well. Now he has nothing to prove to me I’ve seen probably 15 in person (maybe more) and I can say without a doubt he’s the best I’ve seen. Not for the stats - mainly I never have seen him do something where afterwards you’re grabbing your scalp saying “what was he thinking” which usually comes with every player no matter how big/fast/skilled. Had some buddies from Houston come with me to the game last week (thanks to Mr Riggs for making sure we got tickets) and even with what I thought was restricted action they could see. My dad also came from Texarkana I’ve been telling him about Roschon he could also tell the quality. All that to say. I think there’s many aces up our sleeves that won’t be shown until much later.

NDN1475

Hope they start running Deslatte more come district. He only had nine carries for 62 yds against Silsbee. and Rhonshon had 19 carries for 104. that a lot of hits on our QB. Just give Deslatte a few more carries and let Taz roll.

prepballfan

Staff member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGxcAbK8Vw
Check the 6:20 mRK

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGxcAbK8Vw
Check the 6:20 mRK

With the wealth of talent in Texas, calling RJ the most electrifying player in the state is a BIG TIME compliment.

Torino

500+ Posts
Usedtocould said:
Lufkin Longview were in our district when I was in school. Lufkin used to be mediocre Longview always always good. Talk about distance driving for games. We had Lufkin (175 miles) Nacogdoches (155) Tyler (JT & Lee)(120) Longview &Pine Tree (100) and Marshall (75) closest.
Texarkana?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Fundamentally our defense has been poor for the past 5 years! We got lucky last Friday because Silsbee got away from our weaknesses. We’re always out of position.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores