INDIANS...Are you ready for some football??

badndn

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
badndn said:
A better offense will make for a better defense. Especially a better running game.
? please elaborate.... ???
Our defense was on the field alot last year due to alot of 3 and outs and alot of turnovers...Clock stops whe you can't complete a pass or two, thus the defense spends even more time on the field and a gassed defense will get exposed for every little weakness they have.
One of the reasons for success in 2010, 2011 and 2012 was a steady run game and QB's completing 60%+ of their passes. Not alot of turnovers or 3&outs. The defense was rested and usually playing with a lead and could pin their ears back and be more aggressive.

90NDN

500+ Posts
badndn said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
badndn said:
A better offense will make for a better defense. Especially a better running game.
? please elaborate.... ???
Our defense was on the field alot last year due to alot of 3 and outs and alot of turnovers...Clock stops whe you can't complete a pass or two, thus the defense spends even more time on the field and a gassed defense will get exposed for every little weakness they have.
One of the reasons for success in 2010, 2011 and 2012 was a steady run game and QB's completing 60%+ of their passes. Not alot of turnovers or 3&outs. The defense was rested and usually playing with a lead and could pin their ears back and be more aggressive.

Well said...I agree completely. Does anyone know how quick and strong the Junior RB we have that is expected to move into the starting role? Does he have good vision & hands?

badndn

500+ Posts
Got to see Halfin some last year and he fits the mold of Bertrand. Runs hard. Gets up field quick. Not alot of negative yardage. Doesnt dance around in the backfield. Strong legs. He reminded me alot of Chase in his build and style. There was a speedster on freshman team named Cropper last year. Kid was crazy fast. Not sure where he will end up, but given a few carries a game on Varsity as a change of pace could be benificial. Cropper also returned several kicks for TD. So i could see him serving that role as well. JV also had a kid named Duhon that ran well.

How do incoming fish look? Does McZeal make Varsity sometime this year and if so where?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
indianforever said:
Are we wearing white helmets this year???...I've noticed on the news they were wearing new white helmets

That is what I hear but do not have any confirmation on the helmet situation.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Hope our defense develops an attitude this year. Need some intimidation on that side of the ball with good hard tackling.

png94

100+ Posts
Defense looked good today. We have alot of speed on that side. Cropper is splitting time with Halfin right now and both on kickoff return. McZeal working with JV.

ScalpEm24

I just saw a snapshot of the helmets...talk about BORING!! Just my opinion. Could have done so much more than just PNG on the side.

TribePride

SCALP 'EM!
ScalpEm24 said:
I just saw a snapshot of the helmets...talk about BORING!! Just my opinion. Could have done so much more than just PNG on the side.

Dang, hate to hear that. Was hoping they'd go with something like the white Florida State helmets. Those were sharp!

PNGNDN55

The helmets are white but there will be PNG decal on both sides, and there's also suppose to have a purple( one or two) stripes down the middle and 2 black stripes

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores