Interesting 'lil tidbit!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
So..Friday there will be a steady stream of purple n white clad vehicles headed down..I-10!

[size=10pt][size=10pt]"I" for Indians
"10" years since our last State Championship appearance!!
[/size][/size]

Very interesting!! I think they should just re-name it...Interstate Indians ;D!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Well, True Native Americans were known for their beliefs in signs and omens. Perhaps this is a sign that we shall be traveling this road for many, many weeks to come. :)

P.N.G.FOREVER

Does anyone remember going to Pappasitos and them playing Cherokee over their speakers before a playoff game?? The story I was told is that someone dropped off a tape of Cherokee and said when purple starts coming in play it!! And they did!! It was not in 1999 but a couple of years after we had a playoff game in Houston. I think the game started around 3 so everyone ate there for lunch!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Well...maybe someone should bring a recording of it to Iguana Joe's and ask them to play it! Just wait 'til I get there cause I wanna see the look on their face's...I heard it's owned by BH fans ;D!

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
P.N.G.FOREVER said:
Does anyone remember going to Pappasitos and them playing Cherokee over their speakers before a playoff game?? The story I was told is that someone dropped off a tape of Cherokee and said when purple starts coming in play it!! And they did!! It was not in 1999 but a couple of years after we had a playoff game in Houston. I think the game started around 3 so everyone ate there for lunch!!

If I believe that was in 2003 when we played at Robertson on the campus of UH. Lost to Waller 27-26.....I Think

indian20106

2004 was the game against waller i think. but fyi lol being in oklahoma ive taken some nasty looks from real native americans that see my PN-G indian shirts. they take offense to that haha. but anyway i told lumpy and dj and caleb they have no choice but to dominate so i can see them play. (state championship) week is the week ill be headed back to texas and itd be a great christmas present to see em shine

bandkid

Staff member
indian20106 said:
2004 was the game against waller i think. but fyi lol being in oklahoma ive taken some nasty looks from real native americans that see my PN-G indian shirts. they take offense to that haha. but anyway i told lumpy and dj and caleb they have no choice but to dominate so i can see them play. (state championship) week is the week ill be headed back to texas and itd be a great christmas present to see em shine

They can say whatever they want and give dirty looks. In the end, we were given the right to use the name because of our immense respect for the it and the Honor, Pride, and Tradition that have become synonymous with it. We intend to continue using it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bandkid said:
indian20106 said:

They can say whatever they want and give dirty looks. In the end, we were given the right to use the name because of our immense respect for the it and the Honor, Pride, and Tradition that have become synonymous with it. We intend to continue using it.

True but that will never be recognized by those Native Americans that despise it.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Well...maybe someone should bring a recording of it to Iguana Joe's and ask them to play it! Just wait 'til I get there cause I wanna see the look on their face's...I heard it's owned by BH fans ;D!
If it is owned by BH fans, I hope they are crying all the way to the bank with the PNG fans $$$ in their pockets for the meals we eat there before we rob them of their next playoff game. :clap:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
NDNmom91 said:
If it is owned by BH fans, I hope they are crying all the way to the bank with the PNG fans $$$ in their pockets for the meals we eat there before we rob them of their next playoff game. :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bandkid

Staff member
indian20106 said:
easy their cheif. just throwin a funny fact out there

I didn't mean for that to come across as belittling and apologize if it was perceived that way. I was just stating a belief of mine.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores