Interesting Rumor

bandkid

Staff member
Word on the other board is that Coach Faircloth and Port Arthur Memorial's Coach Harrison have agreed to play a pre-season game in 2012. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We scrimmaged them the last 2 yrs and it was good for us. PAM is a lot better than driving all the way to BFE to play GP.

G-P dude

Hey now! we like the game against yall! Port Arthur Memorial plays alice here the last 2 seasons and they kill them! Alice is a very tradition rich school but can't hang! With all the budget cuts its better to play close games anyways!

bandkid

Staff member
I personally think it's a good move. It kind of revives the old TJ rivalry.

I'd also like to see us drop Texas City and pick up West Orange-Stark.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
That would be great. No offense to any of the teams we play, but a team like PAM would expose your weaknesses alot better. The coaches would be able to be better prepared for district with games like that.

I personally would love to see us play WOS, PAM, and WB in non-district games. That gives you a really good 3A and two 5A games before district.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Agreed, with good non-district opponents available locally I never understood driving to Houston/Baytown to find an opponent.

Straight Arrow I

We tried playing those bigger schools in the 70's & 80's, such as Conroe, and all it did was get our kids hurt because they play dirty.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNGfan said:
That would be great. No offense to any of the teams we play, but a team like PAM would expose your weaknesses alot better. The coaches would be able to be better prepared for district with games like that.

I personally would love to see us play WOS, PAM, and WB in non-district games. That gives you a really good 3A and two 5A games before district.

+1

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Straight Arrow I said:
We tried playing those bigger schools in the 70's & 80's, such as Conroe, and all it did was get our kids hurt because they play dirty.

And Texas City doesn't play dirty??? I know last yrs. game was pretty good, but in past games it was pathetic.

HighChief2008

I think it would be awesome to re-establish the PA and PNG rivalry. WOS would be good too...I can't remember the last time we had beat them.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I can almost assure everyone that those who want to renew our past rivalry with PAM were not around when PNG and TJ were rivalries. It was nasty. That said, I sincerely doubt the new Memorial High School is anything like TJ used to be. It may be OK, but, having lived through it before, I have no desire to repeat any of it. Now, all we have to do to have a winning season (in my mind) is beat Nederland and shut them up. I want a return of beating Nederland for 20 straight years.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
I can almost assure everyone that those who want to renew our past rivalry with PAM were not around when PNG and TJ were rivalries. It was nasty. That said, I sincerely doubt the new Memorial High School is anything like TJ used to be. It may be OK, but, having lived through it before, I have no desire to repeat any of it. Now, all we have to do to have a winning season (in my mind) is beat Nederland and shut them up. I want a return of beating Nederland for 20 straight years.

And all I want is to wake up tomorrow morning and have this in my driveway:

99fd1_Lamborghini-Murcielago-for-Sale.jpg

Hey Squaw, how's it going?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
HighChief2008 said:
I think it would be awesome to re-establish the PA and PNG rivalry. WOS would be good too...I can't remember the last time we had beat them.

Have we beaten them since that game in '92?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
HighChief2008 said:

I know we beat them in '96, that may have been the last time.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:
pngfan93 said:
HighChief2008 said:

I know we beat them in '96, that may have been the last time.

The Indians beat WO-S 14-13 in 2003. That was the last time they played.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
squaw said:

same old....same old...you? no offense intended. (I still want to beat Nederland, however! lol)

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
yankeedawg said:
squaw said:

same old....same old...you? no offense intended. (I still want to beat Nederland, however! lol)
bout the same...no offense at all..thaat's the way it's supposed to be... have a great season...

bandkid

Staff member
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2011/08/24/pn-g-port-arthur-memorial-to-play-regular-season-game-next-year/

lucards02

Non District should be PAM(TJ), WO-S, and either West Brook or Kelly...little travel, history and decent stadiums when we go there

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores