It's Official

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I just got back from meeting and they approved new position and gave it to matt. Listening to what it all entails, it is a very much needed position and he will do a good job at it. he will stay as head coach until they find a replacement

NONS81

modmouse78 said:
I just got back from meeting and they approved new position and gave it to matt. Listening to what it all entails, it is a very much needed position and he will do a good job at it. he will stay as head coach until they find a replacement

I was there. It was very sad - for the family, I mean. But if the position is needed, I guess he is a good person for the job. I spoke to his mom and she seems ok with all of this.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
modmouse78 said:

I was there. It was very sad - for the family, I mean. But if the position is needed, I guess he is a good person for the job. I spoke to his mom and she seems ok with all of this.

Sad?? :huh: Same (or more money) and a lot less headaches....seems like a great deal to me.

wacape

100+ Posts
I hated to see this...and he was close to a 100 wins. Goes to show you that it's super tough being the head coach at PNG these days. One bad year and you need to start looking in the want ads. Maybe the Central fight was the last straw for the Burnett haters? Could it be that we can't stomach how successful Ned has been the past few seasons while we've been mediocre? Seems strange Matt gets canned after ONE really bad season. There must be a group out there that has influence over the school board. :huh:

modmouse78

100+ Posts
Actually, i think this season was the last straw. This has been being discussed for three years now. I just think that the record this year is what brought it more out in the open. For a few years now, there has been discussion that our offense was stale and things needed to be changed to bring back the fire. When they were not changed, and we lost like we did this year, more and more people realized what needed to be done.

akifan94

500+ Posts
wacape said:
I hated to see this...and he was close to a 100 wins. Goes to show you that it's super tough being the head coach at PNG these days. One bad year and you need to start looking in the want ads. Maybe the Central fight was the last straw for the Burnett haters? Could it be that we can't stomach how successful Ned has been the past few seasons while we've been mediocre? Seems strange Matt gets canned after ONE really bad season. There must be a group out there that has influence over the school board. :huh:

Not sure about one bad season. There have been more playoff misses than playoff makes. We have made the playoffs three times this decade. That is not exceptable to me and more than likely most PN-G fans.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

modmouse78 said:
Actually, i think this season was the last straw. This has been being discussed for three years now. I just think that the record this year is what brought it more out in the open. For a few years now, there has been discussion that our offense was stale and things needed to be changed to bring back the fire. When they were not changed, and we lost like we did this year, more and more people realized what needed to be done.

This actually started during the 04 season, when the police got involved with the program, Roy E got involved. Several lockers got broke into, parents had to have car ignitions re-keyed, their houses re-keyed and MB's idea was to put camera's over every locker. The way that he said it and talked down to the parents, one of the parents told him that he was not one of his 17 year old players, and you don't talk to me that way. That was the start to the end of MB, as these parents, although their kids have graduated still always pushed the board for this day to come. They were told the first down year, he is gone, this year got him.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
wacape said:

Not sure about one bad season. There have been more playoff misses than playoff makes. We have made the playoffs three times this decade. That is not exceptable to me and more than likely most PN-G fans.

Agree aki, we recently moved to this area a few years ago and we have been hearing these rumblings since we moved here; that is was time for a change. So I do not think this came out of the blue.

19cherokee90

Matt can't lose any prestige in my opinion. His entire life has been involved with PNG Indian football.....he played on ateam that was one of the most succesful in the history of the school.....helped coach a team that was one of the most succesful in the history.....then head coached a team to the big game also. This guy is a PNG Rockstar for as long as he lives....as a matter of fact...can anybody think of any single person who has done as much or been involved in as much as Matt Burnett?? There are only a few of the old guys who played and stayed and are still around....Matt did it....Charlie Wallace, Now you have guys here like Arnuad and David Wallace....hopefully they will stay around for a long time. We are lucky to have these guys and we should bring more of them back here.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores