It's quiet around here....

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Whats everyone's thoughts on the brawl between Ozen and LaMarque ? My dad was at the game and said things just went crazy. Said he stayed up high in the stadium to stay out of the way to not be around any other possible problems.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I did not see the game and have only read about it. That kind of behavior is disgusting. The brawl was bad enough that police had to use pepper spray on the kids. I do hope the UIL weighs in on this issue. Altercations like this threaten all high school sports. The parents and coaches must be held accountable, though I have my doubts about anything being done.

I did get to see the Vidor game though. Vidor played tough for a half, but were outmanned and outcoached. Congrats to all the 20-4A teams that advanced to the playoffs. Already looking forward to next year.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Hey Bamakid, looks like we will have repeat of Alabama vs LSU. My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I quickly responded that tickets to the game would be the best present ever!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Whats everyone's thoughts on the brawl between Ozen and LaMarque ? My dad was at the game and said things just went crazy. Said he stayed up high in the stadium to stay out of the way to not be around any other possible problems.

I was not there, but according to both papers, the second brawl should have been avoided. I put blame on the refs and coaches for that one. After they fought in the 4th quarter, the after-game handshakes should not have happened. When the game was over, the two teams should have been sent directly to the locker rooms to avoid any other altercations.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
Hey Bamakid, looks like we will have repeat of Alabama vs LSU. My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I quickly responded that tickets to the game would be the best present ever!

I hope this does not happen. LSU has beat them once on their field and an Alabama win on a neutral field proves nothing. If LSU beats Georgia they should be given the trophy and then play a one loss team from another conference for grins and giggles.

bandkid

Staff member
Purple Runs Deep said:
crickets ;D ...how bout that Iron Bowl!!!

Man, that Auburn touchdown on a kickoff return to start the second half scared me, but Alabama put it together and came out looking like a national championship contender.

pngmom4 said:

I entered a raffle for national championship tickets the day of the LSU game. If I somehow win it.... ;D

akifan94 said:
I hope this does not happen. LSU has beat them once on their field and an Alabama win on a neutral field proves nothing. If LSU beats Georgia they should be given the trophy and then play a one loss team from another conference for grins and giggles.

Does the LSU win here really prove anything? LSU won on a field goal in overtime. There were no touchdowns scored and the closest anyone got was Alabama when LSU had the goal line interception. Alabama actually outperformed LSU in every statistic except successful FG attempts and points. Were it not for a wide right kick and a few kicks that were a little short, Alabama would have won. At no point in the game was there a clear superior and every time one team would gain momentum, the other would step up and make a stop. LSU held on to its #1 ranking by the skin of a tiger tooth.

I posted this on SETXSports and I think it applies here:

The national championship should be a game between the nation's top two teams, regardless of conference standings and whether or not they've already played each other.

Like it or not, LSU and Alabama are head and shoulders above the competition. LSU is undefeated and Alabama's one loss came from an overtime field goal in a game with no touchdowns scored against the country's #1 team. Mark my words, both of these teams would power through any other college football team.

The only other team I ever thought had a shot against these two is OU, but you can't beat either of them if you're not disciplined and focused enough to beat Texas Tech and Baylor. The bottom line is that no other team can rightfully claim a top two spot, whether a rematch is fair or not.

OldEagle said:
Thanks for finally posting something. I thought my computer was broken.

Had to do something to get the ball rolling. ;D

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I hear alot about LSU and UH playing for the National Championship, Truly ? UH would be like PNG playing a PEE WEE team. I don't think UH could hang for more than 1 quarter with LSU. Alabama and LSU would be a great game regardless. I do feel that a playoff system needs to be implemented. They could use the various bowl games as playoff venues. All this BCS stuff is now getting ridiculous. Go with a Playoff system. You could end up with a team getting real hot in a playoff system and roll thru to a Championship game. Upsets are always possible in a playoff system. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to bowl games now and then but and playoff system would be alot more fun to watch.

(Did this to change up and create more discussion and possible controversy.

akifan94

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
Purple Runs Deep said:
crickets ;D ...how bout that Iron Bowl!!!

Man, that Auburn touchdown on a kickoff return to start the second half scared me, but Alabama put it together and came out looking like a national championship contender.

pngmom4 said:

I entered a raffle for national championship tickets the day of the LSU game. If I somehow win it.... ;D

akifan94 said:

Does the LSU win here really prove anything? LSU won on a field goal in overtime. There were no touchdowns scored and the closest anyone got was Alabama when LSU had the goal line interception. Alabama actually outperformed LSU in every statistic except successful FG attempts and points. Were it not for a wide right kick and a few kicks that were a little short, Alabama would have won. At no point in the game was there a clear superior and every time one team would gain momentum, the other would step up and make a stop. LSU held on to its #1 ranking by the skin of a tiger tooth.

I posted this on SETXSports and I think it applies here:

The national championship should be a game between the nation's top two teams, regardless of conference standings and whether or not they've already played each other.

Like it or not, LSU and Alabama are head and shoulders above the competition. LSU is undefeated and Alabama's one loss came from an overtime field goal in a game with no touchdowns scored against the country's #1 team. Mark my words, both of these teams would power through any other college football team.

The only other team I ever thought had a shot against these two is OU, but you can't beat either of them if you're not disciplined and focused enough to beat Texas Tech and Baylor. The bottom line is that no other team can rightfully claim a top two spot, whether a rematch is fair or not.

OldEagle said:
Thanks for finally posting something. I thought my computer was broken.

Had to do something to get the ball rolling. ;D

I get what you are saying and understand you go to Bama. I don't disagree they are the best two teams but it was settled on the field already. We can what if and would have could have all day but the bottom line is they didn't. If the Okie St. kicker would not have missed a chip shot there would be no doubt. But he did. The funny thing is Texas was denied a shot in 2008 when a team they beat by ten points played for the championship instead of them. The overwhelming reason from voters was "Texas did not win their conference" so they do not deserve it even when they lost on the road on the last play of the game to a top 10 opponent. Go figure. This is all about the SEC and its dominance over college football.

So with your logic if Bama beats LSU they deserve the title over LSU?

bandkid

Staff member
akifan94 said:
So with your logic if Bama beats LSU they deserve the title over LSU?

It depends. If it's another close game and Alabama wins, I think the title should be shared. If Alabama wins a blowout, I think Alabama should get it alone. If LSU wins by any number of points, I think they should get it to themselves.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores