Jeff Joseph- THSCA 5A Coach of the Year

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn’t he the statewide 5A coach of the year last year?
Duncanville coach won the overall last year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Recent YouTube interview of the Tribe's Jeff Joseph. See the link.

What a fantastic video! As good of a football interview as I can ever remember seeing. It allows you to relive the season and the SC game, while at the same time further reinforcing what an impressive coach we have. Smart, humble, and a really high character individual. We are fortunate.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It was tough to understand what Gary Joseph said when questioned on the field but I think he said Port Neches-Groves community support of the team is second to none. He then covered by saying they were like Katy fans, but the truth was stated! There is no football town like PN-G!

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
True
I’ve probably been to as many Katy games in person as anyone else second to the Indians (maybe North Shore) they have a following
But theyre a little more fair weather fans
And they’re not in PNG’s league.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the district can pay Jeff Joseph competitively, there may not be a lot of reasons that he'd want to ever leave.

I honestly think Gary Joseph would not balk at the prospect. And I know Todd Dodge thinks it's a great place to coach. So there you go, Port Neches is not just a podunk town. It's a coaching destination.

bandkid

Staff member
Also just gonna state the obvious. It’s not as hard to be successful coaching at the 5ADII level as it is in 6A. If you want to build a dynasty, the lift is a little easier in PN-G’s classification.

Who knows how much that changes when 7A happens.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
If the district can pay Jeff Joseph competitively, there may not be a lot of reasons that he'd want to ever leave.

I honestly think Gary Joseph would not balk at the prospect. And I know Todd Dodge thinks it's a great place to coach. So there you go, Port Neches is not just a podunk town. It's a coaching destination.

Have they increased his salary?

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
I know I’ve said this many times (hey it’s a forum lol)
Look at Surratt in Carthage
Nice place to raise kids - he’s set for life in Carthage and is a Tx coaching legend
And could at least compete with any school in the state including 6A most years
Texas High won’t schedule Pleasant Grove (they may have played but I’m unaware of it if they have) because they know these last few years they would be embarrassed by the former step children of the city) we are in the “class” with Katy, SLC, Westlake, Highland Park, PG, The Woodlands, and WTx schools demographics wise
And let’s not fool ourselves coaching strategies MUST be different according to demographics. These are all places coaches WANT to be

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
When parents “twerk” on the big screen at AT&T in front of 40k
You’re dealing with a much different fan base and parent support.

I’m LOLing at myself.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores